[ Theory Crafting ] Midnight Reaper

Hello to the curious , as i returned to the game i was looking to build something different from what i used to play . I am in no means a skilled player nor builder , but would like to share to you this build . I am struggling to optimize it further given i never played that class . . . defensively it looks hardcore worthy , but the same cannot be said about it’s offense i guess ?

Here’s the link : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWb3M02

Attack Skills

Beronath’s Fury + Elemental Storm
Scourge Strike + Blizzard
Ill Omen + Morgoneth’s Set

Movement Skills

Vampiric Shadows + Wendigo’s Mark
Shadow Strike + Time Dilation

Panic Skills

Blade Barrier
Mark of Torment

Buff Skills

Pneumatic Burst
Veil of Shadows + Morgoneth’s Set
Spectral Binding + Giant’s Blood
Harbinger of Souls + Goulish Hunger

Health & Mana

15000 HP _ Regen 300 / 2200 _ Steal 45 / 125 %
5000 MP _ Regen 50 / 100 _ Steal 20 %
260% Constitution

Defense

Def Ab 2400
Armor 2900
Res ~86 %
Physical Res 15 / 45 %
82% Dodge _ 60% Deflect ( Wraith Walk + Time Dilution )
Trap 64 % _ Petrify 52 % _ Freeze 80 % _ Slow 68 % _ Stun 55 %
Ancestral Ward + Shimmering Splendor + Tinker’s Ingenuity

DPS

Off Ab 2400 with ~2.5 hits per sec
15 / 20 K per hit with 80% Cold ( Soulrend )
Cold Res Debuff = 32 _ 20% _ -31% ( Crown + Viper + Night’s Chill )

Here some builders post their Soulrend Reapers if you’d like to compare:
How about think this soulrand reaper? if you’d like to compare

1 Like

What will the conduit be doing?
Pneumatic burst is not a panic skill it is a buff.
You can’t block with 2H that should be dodge not block.
I don’t think that necrotic edge will proc with the use of Beronath’s Fury. It’s a skill I’ve never used myself but sometimes those things are in conflict.
It’s OA & DA are quite low.
I disagree that it is hardcore worthy having myself lost 4 characters with much better base stats at much lower a level than this. In softcore it should be fun.
@tqfan gave you a good recommendation for comparison. It’s quite different from my own morgoneth set reaper but that doesn’t mean that you won’t enjoy playing yours as is.
Good luck with the build!

Yeah i saw it already , but his build is not finished ( based around Serenity which has a 80s cooldown ) .

The " conduit " ? If you talk about the amulet it improves skills and resistances .
About PB & Dodge , yeah sure , oversight from me explaining the build here .

Why NE should not proc with BF attack replacer ? It’s like saying Feral Hunger should not proc on Savagery , or did i miss something here ?

And yeah his DA is average , but when you have 82% chance to dodge attacks and anyway your Sleeping / Frozen opponent is also slowed by 30% ( or is it 60 % ? ) it does not matter that much does it ? Yesterday i had not the time to look after -X% Total Speed and -X% Attack Speed or Movement debuffs , how they works together , have to look further . . .

You compared with your own builds , please provide a link and we will be on the same page .

It matters in the sense that if you do get hit it can be crit and be death. I don’t know how you deem this hardcore worthy defensively. I don’t play hardcore myself but i got plenty of my friends list that do and they wouldn’t touch this with a 10 foot pole.

Remember that 2800 da is just a number that some try to maintain for some normalcy(i know you have veil but still), but in SR you can get debuffed with 100s of da as well just from mutators and then to think that you will get a debuff on top of that. But say you mean for the campaign or something, well if you don’t do nemesis. Even then I don’t think it would perform very well compared to say the soulrand reaper from DJsodaFan.

Beronath’s fury will function like a default attack and proc necrotic edge.

2 Likes

Then the amulet is more useless than I originally thought…
I’m not saying that the properties that any conduit possess are not useful. But they are most often used for their very interesting damage conversions that are often not found on any other items. In this case there is not only no use of that here but there are much better and more potent alternatives to the build as a whole. I might recommend having another look through the amulets to find something that would benefit the build more than this. The are not cheap to craft (unless using third party apps) by the way.
Vizix also let us know that I was incorrect about beronath’s fury proccing necrotic edge. So that is not an issue any longer.
Dodge is not a skill that you can effectively count on to “save” you as much as DA. Not to mention that the dodge chance alternates from 52-82% every 11 seconds for 5 seconds. That is impressive in it’s own right yes, but DA is on at all times and will more consistently protect/reduce incoming damage than dodge could ever hope to. As brought up by @vizix there are lots of enemies that can easiy drop your DA 5-10% for hundreds of points. They do not ONLY exist in SR but their effects are more pronounced there. Then making it trivial to not only hit you but crit you and by extension one-shot kill you.
As for my own build, I will in due time share that along with hundreds of others that I have made over the year. I’m nearing my maiden build post and hope that I’m able to teach you and others some things about this wonderful game that we love so much!

I like Serenity on that build. +1 all skills, resitances and buff when you are low HP ( 35% phys resist is super duper good even it is last for 3 second). Reapers and any masteries that get Nightblade as and main/ support class are all somewhat squishy. Super good.

No Rumor devo? and you can go Chariot for more OA