Theorycrafting Northern Wyrm/Rimetongue (need help)

I’ve decided to make a build with the rimetongue set and the northern wyrm weapon since i’ve dropped both recipes and after theory crafting on GT for a while this is the best i could come up with: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2MGPXlZ

as you can see, my CC resistances are lacking and i couldn’t find a way to get leviathan without screwing up other stats. I’m not trying to make a build for pushing SR75+ or doing the highest crucible (because my current PC can’t handle it well) but i’d like to take it as far as possible

Your CC resists and resist overcap all around look good to me. OA on the surface looks lacking but Biting Cold and Deadly Aim make up for it as well.

A few things have me concerned with the character:

• Sustain is immediately not looking good. 4% global ADCtH and not a lot of weapon damage to cover it is looking bad. Chariot, low invested Word of Renewal and Pneumatic Burst won’t be enough either. Since you’re pushing a lot of Pierce->Cold conversion, Twin Fangs is a good investment here.

• Why use Rimetongue at all? You’re ignoring the 2 skills the set boosts (Blade Trap / Horn of Gandarr) in favour of maxing Hagarrad and Blade Spirit. Not to say they’re bad damage skills but you would get far more mileage out of Chillwhisper for such a character. It just feels like it defeats the purpose of picking up a set and then 1 pointing the skills it supports to me.

• Skill overload. It’s notable that you have alot of skills on the character. Namely:

• Amarasta’s Blade Burst
    • Ring of Steel
    • Blade Trap
    • Rune of Hagarrad
    • Horn of Gandarr
    • Biting Blades

This isn’t counting Word of Renewal, Pneumatic Burst or Inquisitor’s Seal either. It’s very piano. Honestly, I’d say you can do without ABB here, especially as you’ve only 1-pointed it and your main invested skills don’t scale on weapon damage. You might find there’s enough cd skills around that you rarely cast Biting Blades in your rotaiton either but regardless, I thought I’d mention it, food for thought.

1 Like

i was mostly interested in the cold RR and i put 1 point in horn of gandarr because it isn’t spammable without the offhand. the reason why i didn’t go for chillwhisper is that i mainly wanted to build around the northern wyrm

true, i’ll see how the build plays while testing and remove points from unnecessary skills (probably swap biting blades for chillspike). can also try a different setup switching focus from rune of haggarad towards the other skills (something along these lines https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYq0GXN with more ADCTH from devotions)

If you wanna play Northern wyrm I recommend going for 4 pieces of Runebinder set. They are made for each other. Also swap seal of shadows with seal of the night, that should probably give more damage. Though you would have to drop horn and blade trap for that.

thanks for the tip

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9j8PnZ
This is how I did it, Havent tried it in a while though