This game has 0 balance. OMG is it unbalanced!

Indeed.

Took ya’ll long enough to notice that. We’ve been laughing about that shit for months now.

Just when I was asking about fact guy, the gods deemed it worthy to send this ray of light into my life.

I BELIEVE.

1 Like

Isnt it unfair to judge builds just be crucible fastest run? Most of those speed-runners cant do it safely all the time, much less if luck betrays you.

There are builds, that can hit enemies while running.

Overall, although you have some points there, things arent as bad as you state. And no, soldier isnt the only “game is the town” Arcanist is no worse, maybe, even better. Both MUST have powerful skills to back up their lack of RR.

About 2h ranged - even heard of Witching Hour builds?

And with medal augments like Displacement, who gives a shit about Blitz? Instant teleport clearly trumps it in every way.

This. Came to the same conclusion. Talking about balance in a (mostly) single player non-competitive game, is like talking about effectiveness of martial art techniques when there is no sparring. Add leagues to this game and all the 1000 builds will go out of the window replaced by a meta of 4. Then next season, Mr. Z will be forced to break that “balance” to avoid a stalemate. Just look at Wowblo 3 and PoE (Power of Economy aka slow Death by Micro-transactions).

You want a good 2H build, there is a couple. Not the ones you would want to make though. And the poor Battlemages, oh well, you can make a lot of paperweight builds with a BM lol. Can do phys devastation (aka The Useless Dirt Thrower) or even a physical Yugol’s Hunger heresy. Aka Guinea Pig, not from Guinea and not a Pig.

But yeah, I hear ya and totally agree. Personally, I just observe and enjoy the ride these days. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.

And look at their reaction now lol
where’s that 6pack

1 Like

Phys resist isnt neccessary here - as confirmed by my tanky lightning AAR build.

Well, not many builds have the luxury of Seal and good damage absorption from Maiven´s. :wink:

May the Empyrion light guide you!

Welcome the new member of the Kymon’s chosen order.

PS the ray of light is actually the lightning AAR Mage Hunter.

2 Likes

Your prayers have been answered! Why did you have to think… humans should stop using those things. Now, I’m here too lol

1 Like

Phys res isn’t necessary if and only if you have other forms of defences stacked to a sufficient degree.

E.g. If I have 100% phys res, I could go with 0 armor and be a-okay.

The point I think ya is trying to make here is that many builds are forced to be built increasingly defensively, thereby restricting build diversity

1 Like

Go tank Callagadra in hardcore with this build then talk about phys resist. Even crucible, you will struggle depending on mutators and combos. I have the same build in hardcore and it’s very squishy. You would think the same if every death would roll you back a few levels and removed some of your bis gear. Speaking of balance…

Hardcore is…well, Hardcore. I don´t think Build Diversity is made around Endgame-Hardcore including Superbosses.

2 Likes

@Ganishka I think the ‘issue’ here is that playing soldier is less forgiving and is easier to build due to the natural tankines it has. Other masteries require a bit more effort and gear to be as good, if not better :slight_smile:

Also, have you ever tried leveling using 2h ranged primal strike? (I think it’s way faster than forcewave, especially after you get the rifle in ugdenbog) Or skele spam necro? :slight_smile:

Iono…plenty of ways to build defence IMO.

Tried tanking her with a tanky build, having 50%+ phys resist. No success whatsoever. I dont think phys resist is what REALLY matters there. And in HC you never, EVER want to kill her on Ultimate. Maybe on Elite, if you BADLY want that helm, but for that you probably should make a dedicated Callagadra-killing build, to be safe.

First, i bet, phys res is capped at 80%, just like other resists.
Second, enemies can reduce your physical res. -40 all res isnt that uncommon debuff. GL overcapping it, though…

True, if you want to tank as much as possible against her, you will need damage absorbtion and damage reduction.

@BOG: Firstly, t’s an example.

Secondly, it is possible to overcap phys res, just ask maya.

Lastly, if you want to take me that literally, let’s do the math, shall we?

I have 80% phys res, it gets debuffed by 40%. I have 40% remaining.

Let’s assume I have 0 armor, and get hit by aleksander’s meteor for 10k physical damage.

10k * 0.6 = 6000 damage taken

Now, let’s look at a spec with 3k armor, and 50% phys res. This spec gets hit by 40% phys res debuff, and is left with 10% phys res.

(10k - 3000) * 0.9 = 6300 damage taken.

Phys res wins.

EDIT: Before you go about trivialising the importance of phys res, please take the time to do these calculations…

And then let’s remember the fact that Alex’s meteor has huge CD and you can withstand it just with decent HP pool, or evade with movement. The thing is, many enemies hit for 4k damage or less, and armour works there much better, than physical res.

@BOG: If trash mobs are accumulating to the point where they are beginning to hurt you, then you have more pressing issues to worry about besides armor because… trash mobs are never the problem.

EDIT: Or rather, they should never be a problem

Besides, you can substitute aleksander’s meteor for reaper’s super charged attack, Korvaak’s body slam, etc. etc.

I fail to see the point you’re making.

2nd EDIT: Let’s also not forget that phys res is the only thing which can negate IT damage

@1134 cunning = ~+600% phys damage.

So maiden does ~8000 IT damage over 5s with her blitz. Good luck negating that without phys res

3rd EDIT: Actually…cunning also increases IT duration, and I’m not sure by how much. 200% maybe? So that could very well be 16,000 damage over 10s

I see his point tho.

He wants you to acknowledge he’s right and you’re not. Period.