This game has 0 balance. OMG is it unbalanced!

Wait…do you actually think 3k armor IS moderate? And for the record, I’m comparing…

80% phys res + ZERO armor vs 50% phys res + 3k armor

how is this unreasonable?

Don’t compare fanstastic numbers taken from rainbow sky. Be more specific. How much %phys resistances can be stacked in GD atm? Feasible digits plz for at least 90% of builds.

Your 80% is unreasonable for the first place.

As you wish. Let’s make this very realistic, why don’t we.

1132 cunning = ~+ 600% phys damage.

1872 * 700% = 13104 physical damage on alek’s meteor. Let’s call it 13k

Scenario 1: Cabalist - 1.8k armor, 30% phys res

(13k - 1800) * 0.7 = 7840

Scenario 2: BOG’s lightning MH

(13k - 3000) * 0.9 = 9000

Man you keep giving examples of extremely hard hitting attacks which is well telegraphed ! In most scenarios you are not hit 13k but rather multiple 5-6k hits . Nobody say physical resistance is not useful it is GREAT. But in the current GD state it is hard to stack. You can use Ghoul but is still situational not permanent.

@garfunkel: Mate, as I’ve mentioned earlier - I don’t care if my HP goes down. That’s what sustain is for - adcth, heals, regen, GHOUL.

What should worry most builds are one shots, because there’s no coming back from that.

Also, as I’ve told BOG…

EDIT: It’s easier to stack phys res for casters, than it is to stack armor. Fateweaver alone gives 9% phys res

2nd EDIT: We are going off tangent, I’m going to create a second thread. Please reply me there. Apologies to OP

You don’t get oneshot in GD but multiple damage sources coming in a very short period of time. Do you have 7800 HP in Ultimate? Nobody plays at <10k HP

That’s bullshit. Considering that Alex can reduce your resistance by 30, and then by 25% on top of that (they stack), do you really think 24% res would make such a massive difference (3k VS 10k)? No way!
Most probably, your Tact was unlucky to get hit by meteor while affected by both debuffs, and SB wasnt. Or Tact got “deadly” crit in the face.

Resistance reduction has much greater impact on builds with high resistance. If you have 50% phys res and get reduced to 10%, you take 80% more damage. But if you have 0% and get reduced to -40%, you take only 40% more damage.

That’s bullshit. Builds with 15-20k HP almost never experience a oneshot. Given they have decent ADCTH (most of them do), do you claim they can facetank all bosses in SR75 at once? Or full 169-170wave in Crucible? Then go and try it yourself first!

I’ve never once made that claim. Please don’t put words in my mouth.

Isnt THAT a strawman’s argument - to say, that a build with 6% ADCTH is tanky because of it., and even askto get rid of it, when another build i’m making comparison with (FW spammer) has ~18% ADCTH?
And how my devotion path prevents me from capitalizing on AAR? Is there any devotion with “+100 lightning damage to AAR”? Or “+4% ADCTH to AAR”? Or whatever? The only thing i regret - i didnt got Ultos (20% reduced resist), but instead i’ve grabbed significant tankiness. I think it’s quite a fair trade.

As long as they dont oneshot you, it’s fine, right? Or not? I was thinking the same way with my phys retal DE oppressor. But despite his crazy 35% ADCTH, AoE and fast hit rate, he gets overwhelmed and slain by multiple bosses or even big packs of heroes in SR75. The thing is, even if you have 80% CC resistance, it’s not 100%, and multiple enemies can sometimes chain-stun you for a second or more. Also their buffs and debuffs stack… Overall, in reality being able to quickly recover after any hit is not enough to be undying.

I shut my eyes for 6 hours and missed so much fun!

Of course we do fight Calla in HC Ultimate. We do it with many builds, even the ones with only 20-30% phys res. Here’s one of my slow runs: https://youtu.be/T4_8iBYjW3Q

I have a 1 min 30 sec kill from about two weeks ago (latest patch, fully legit), but that one will not be shared until Mr. Z promises not to touch the build. And speaking of balance once again. I still think this game should be left alone. But I agree with Ganishka that if we are to talk balance and build diversity, there are glaring holes that need to be filled. 2H builds, Battlemages, some low tier. Yet, somehow, everyone is obsessed about that 5-6 min crucible runs to the point that it becomes obvious that people DO NEED to complete! They do want their builds to be stronger. It’s almost begging for some kind of league, season or ladder with scoreboards and numbers. But I also understand why Zantai won’t budge and never offer this option to the community. Actually, in this regard, I’m going to back him up despite multiple former disagreements. I’m 100% certain that any form of formal competition would immediately destroy all the hard work done to create this current build diversity.

But I still disagree about balance and constant changes. They do hurt people for no reason. Even if those 4-5 OP builds are left alone, NOTHING will change. People are still going to run those Phys Devastation Battlemages (I have one in HC and am loving the concept, albeit It’s not for crucible or endgame farming of any kind). Even though me and my group have builds that kill the Mad Queen in 3.5 sec, we still play the game using many low tier builds, we still look for more gems and we don’t think this game is unbalanced. In fact, the existence of these builds gives us extra fun as we try to find more. Nobody is complaining about how OP they are. One of the folks who helped in finalizing our current King build, is actually doing HC classless right now, having put aside all the godly gear and enjoying the game to the max. @Zantai this should give you some indication. OPness of some builds doesn’t break the game.

1 Like

What for? Her loot is the same in Elite, you know?

“To fight and die by the open sky
Spirit horse, ride for me!”

We do it for the challenge, excitement, rush. Who cares about the helmet.

It doesn’t matter what you think on this matter, the devs want to update the game. You either accept it and move on or quit playing the game. You “thinking” they should leave the game alone doesn’t matter one bit.

Same thing about this comment of yours. It doesn’t matter what you think.

I love the game and will keep playing it. I also support the devs and their great work not only by buying multiple copies of GD and loayalty packs for every member of my family but also for convincing dozens of people in real life and social media to give it a try. But my support doesn’t mean I’m going to blindly agree with everything at every turn. This is not a cult of worshippers, although it looks like one at times.

But I will use whatever means I have to maximize the fun both for me and our HC community. Even if it means that the rest of the player base, yourself included, will be excluded from that fun. We will patiently wait until the game is finished and you, holy knights of middle line, moved on to other games. In fact, we pray for you to do so, so that Crate can produce another masterpiece sooner. Godspeed!

Chill out, kids.

1 Like

Sorry, I just had to laugh at this :laughing:

Say what? If you really think that the “holy knights of middle line” (I’m ‘assuming that’s code for Praetorians’?) are holding back Crate from moving off of GD, well, I got some sobering news for you… Crate does what Crate wants to do. None of their activity here has anything to do with us.

Also, I’ve been here since the end of 2013. Speaking for myself, I won’t be going anywhere. Some others have been here even longer than that.

True, but yours still doesn’t matter.

You are just literally repeating the same arguments you did in the other thread a while back, arguments that Zantai himself responded. And he clearly said he doesn’t want OPness in any build, regardless if it breaks the game or not. Unless you somehow come up with an argument so sold that it changes the stance of the devs, this will not change.

I also don’t blindly agree with everything they do, but in this case you have to. It’s how they want the game to progress. They will buff and nerfs things until the game is done and it’s something you need to accept.

Also, didn’t you said you were done with the forum? Kind of weird you just came back to just repeat the same thing the devs have already responded to.

Sorry, i think i still have another 3k hours in me for this game.

Almost, but no dice. I literally meant what I said. Crate will eventually focus on a new game and all of you guys will follow. Or not. I don’t care, as long as you have no say in the matter anymore.

They have the city builder coming next year I do believe. I’ll be playing it but I’ll still be playing GD primarily. It will be quite a while before we see a GD2. GD1 will keep me warm in the meantime. We will be here for a damn good bit yet, I can assure you of that.

2 Likes