Thoughts on my work in progress Defiler

Hello, I’ve been playing with the idea to dual wield with the Heart of Theodin Marcell scepter. Just wanted to hear your opinion on the build. Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions are welcome.

So far im kinda stuck at wave 50 in gladiator.

GT link: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnllybV

Well,Defiler is hard do make,and vitality(i assume)is even harder.Demo has almost zero contribution to both vitality and aether.To make something like that working you need a lot of hard to get items.Overall this build lacks resist reduction and converting damage to vitality.Decree of Malmouth can help you,but drop chance is low.

You have Ravager helm but are running around in random green items?

You could get fire/elemental > aether conversion on gear, and get Flame Touched up. Also Temper. You need more sources of flat damage, and resistance reduction. Remember that BWC last node has flat resistance reduction.

Unfortunately, Defiler has been my 2nd character when AoM came out and 4th overall. And I happen to know this class through and through. Long story short - it sucks, there are almost no viable builds for Crucible Gladiator.

I tested different specs and I’ve seen different specs get tested, nothing really works, especially melee, Defiler is exceptionally bad as a melee character.

There are two specs that do work tho, one is made by Sir Spanksalot and requires 2 monster infrequent pistols that drop from Gargabol, you can find link to the guide in a build compendium.

Other spec is my own creation, it’s a weird build on paper and a piano one too but it actually works pretty great given that it is a Defiler. Here it is. Been able to farm Crucible Gladiator 150-170 pretty consistently with it albeit not at great speeds (still able to make two runs in a durations of 4 blessings easily).

This is unfortunately true, I once tried a blazeheart build and ended up deleting it in frustration. Never again :furious:

Mine is there too. :rolleyes: It has 2 super rare greens, but works with everything.

Same here. I even tried a dw spirit crusher, only to realise that death knight would be better. And it is by far.

I think Vitality DualGun with Demo conduit (with 100% fire to vitality conversion to Firestrike) can be OK-ish. Chthon made a build if I remember correctly.

Yours doesn’t work anymore after 1.0.7 though.

Managed to get him on my death knight on elite after “Kiting” a bit haha.
I considered black water cocktail too but i thought it can’t stack with foul eruption.
I read on a thread that this is a easy way to remember:

“% reduced (doesn’t stack with other %reduced) Flat reduced (doesn’t stack with other flat reduced) and -x% Reduced (stacks with other sources of -x%)”

So based on that quote shouldn’t it be impossible?

Managed to get him on my death knight on elite after “Kiting” a bit haha.
I considered black water cocktail too but i thought it can’t stack with foul eruption.
I read on a thread that this was his easiest way to remember:

“% reduced (doesn’t stack with other %reduced) Flat reduced (doesn’t stack with other flat reduced) and -x% Reduced (stacks with other sources of -x%)”

So based on that quote shouldn’t it be impossible?

How about dw viality melee,maybe with two Decrees of Malmouth for conversion?

my build Dw-melee vitality

I was thinking about making smth like that,but you’ve got it covered.