Titan Quest Anniversary Edition

If you want to do that then buy a Gold Edition disc copy of the game (easily available and usually quite cheap) and then download Soulseekkor’s TQDefiler. That has a option to put relics/charms into Uniques.

I can’t agree you’re “forced” into any item. Like GD, in TQAE you’ll usually have a mixture of Legendary and green items and it’s perfectly possible to go through the game using greens only which gives you plenty of slots to socket resistances or other things you need.

PrinceXavieR, why shouldn’t there be people playing TQAE? I play the game every day and have done for years. Did a rough count and reckon I have over 9,000 hours on the game since I started playing it back in 2008. If I manage the same sort of figure with GD I’ll be a very happy gamer.

Decided to make a Warden and they definitely upped the hero count. It went from one popping every couple of hours to fighting three in a row in the same area. And they actually put up a fight, finally.

Also, to everyone who’s just starting this version, watch out for a hero demon dog called Shadowmaw that spawn in a Natural Cave in the Phoecian Swamps. That thing is way overleveled for your current level at that point in the game and it’s a pain in the ass to kill in Normal.

Yeah, he’s a real so and so to deal with so early in the game. Thank goodness he’s not part of a quest. :eek:

There’s a thread here with some of the new heroes you’ll find in the game.

http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/55723-Any-new-heroes-that-have-caught-your-attention

I just reached Act 2 (Normal difficulty) with my caster. I’m level 20 (did some Telkine farming) before hand…

I’m trying to decide what 2nd mastery to take to synergize with my Storm skills, mainly using Ice Shard with Lightning Bolt. Any suggestions?

Also, The TQ forum linked in this thread many times is totally blocked by my Anti Virus program and marked as a “deceptive site”. :undecided:

It works fine if you can bypass any of those warnings… not sure why everyone gets all those but I guess better safe than sorry.

Anyway, for Storm there’s a few good choices.

Nature >> Because as a caster you are squishy, and heart of the oak + briar ward + pets (as a distraction) makes it way easier to survive.

Dream >> Again, as a caster you are squishy, so the defensive skills from dream will help, as well as the awesome CC from sleep, distortion wave, and distort reality.

Spirit >> glass cannon, use the circle of power (iirc it’s really strong in TQAE) or/and Dark Covenant for huge dps but it’s kinda dangerous since Spirit doesn’t really provide too much in terms of defense.

At least, those would be my 3 choices if I were to go pure caster. Earth can work, but it doesn’t synergize much with your build. Rogue might be an interesting choice if you had points into storm nimbus, which I think affects pets now, so you could have lightning/cold based traps, which sounds cool.

Warfare and Defense I’d ignore if going pure caster, not sure they would provide anything at all. Hunting can work, you can utilize the speed and regen/resists from the passive/buffs and the nice elemental debuff from Study Prey, but unless you plan to use a bow or spear you won’t get much else from it.

I get the same issue.

Also, the site has had problems. For more info, see TitanQuest.net Site.

Lucy Snorbush, the site was attacked by a phishing attempt a while ago, but it’s fine now. As Asylum101 says bypass the warning if you can and you can then access it with no probems.

It has had its problems in the last year, but it’s still hanging in there and everyone is welcome - except for phishers and the like of course. :smiley:

For a pure caster I’d say either Nature if you want some pets to help out and Heart of Oak for health or Dream for either Trance of Convalescence to boost health and energy or Trance of Wrath to deal more damage. Distort Reality is good if you happen to get surrounded. It works like Storm Surge only you decide when it goes off rather than it reacting to attacks as Surge does. I wouldn’t bother with Distortion Wave since you have Squall and Lightning Bolt - both are more versatile than the Wave which is limited in its reach. Both Squall and Lightning Bolt can be cast through walls and up and down cliff/rock faces if needed keeping you safely away from foes. Distortion Wave is fine if foes are coming straight at you, but Squall and Lightning Bolt have a wider radius so not as easy for foes to dodge them as they can Wave.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.

I’m thinking I might go Dream mastery because I am unfamiliar with it, and want to try something new. I realize Nature will give me Pets, and they are super useful, but I always seem to take the Pet route via Nature in the past (all my archers seemed to pick pets). I’m looking for something different this time around. Hopefully it’ll be possible to survive without pets as a caster. I am using Wisp which seems useful.

Thanks for the tip about TQ.net. I’ll see if I can work around it.

PS. Lightning Bolt plus it’s modifier is really strong right now. Thanks for recommending that Medea. Lightning is fun in this game.

*Edit

I need 2 more essence of prometheus flame components for a relic. Know where I can farm?

Components for characters of Greek mythology drop more often in Greece. I suggest farming there for Prometheus relic.

Okay, the hero population certainly exploded with this version. Been fighting some very interesting heroes and honestly, it makes the game more fun.

Ok thanks for the tip about relics. Yeah I’m noticing a lot more heroes as well. It has kept me on my toes. Just wished they had loot orbs like in GD. I’m spoiled. :stuck_out_tongue:

If worst comes to worst and you can’t work around it see if you can find a download for old Internet Explorer 10. That’s what I use and have no problems with accessing the site with it. Firefox moans “deceptive site” at me every time I use it for access despite several comments back to them that the site is fine now.

Grim Dawn spoiled the hell out of me. Can’t count how many times i tried to find the combine components button in my current playthrough with my Warden, only to remember that TQ doesn’t have it.

Still pretty enjoyable game though.

Yeah, I try and do the same Norzan. It does make things easier doesn’t it. :slight_smile:

I know i complained about some legendaries having no resists, but i checked my stash and already saw a bunch of legendaries with new resists. Others had their resists increased, which is great.

Fought a hero variation of those crystal skulls pillars that summon those green skeletons. And it was level 44, which is insane. Honestly looking forward to the rest of the game to see which enemy types got the hero treatment in this version.

TQAE still on sale

https://www.gog.com/game/titan_quest_anniversary_edition

Update on my Lightning/Cold caster. I’m nearing the end of Act 2 on Normal. So far I’m doing good offensively speaking. I’ve maxed out Lightning Bolt, and Ice Shard and they are pretty much 1-2 shotting everything.

I’m beginning to experience that squishiness that Asylum mentioned earlier. I still haven’t picked a 2nd class yet. :undecided:I don’t want to go PETS. I do have a few points in Wisp and it does an ok of drawing aggro.

But I want to leave it at that. I hate the fact that I always ended up with essentially every one of my chars being a Pet Build in TQ. It’s hard to pass up given that they are so excellent at drawing aggro, and increase your chances of survival immensely.

So far my glass cannon playstyle is working out ok, I know it’s only Normal difficulty, but I want to do everything possible to keep it that way.

The playstyle I am using kind of reminds of a Panetti’s missle (ice shards that split off into multiple shards) and Lightning Bolt reminds me a lot of Doom Bolt. Is there any kind of Mirror or MSoP
equivalent in Titan Quest?

Closest thing to maivens would be one of the dream trances, convalescent I think. And mirror…I think the only invulnerability skill is from earth

problem is there’s nothing like the arcanist’s mirror in titan quest, stone form from earth mastery acts like blade barrier probably with longer duration if I am not mistaken…

Since Storm already has means against ranged enemies, you might want to pick up Spirit’s aura to protect you against melee.

Also Storm has energy shield, which is stupidly OP nowadays.

Wow. I’m really starting to grasp why TQ has been so widely popular over the years. So many choices as far as builds go (at least it seems that way to me). So glad I bought the AE. I’ve been playing along with a friend who turned me onto TQ way back when it came out. We’re tripping out over how much fun we’re having again!

PS- Thanks again for the suggestions and tips…btw, I’m able to pull up TitanQuest.net on my tablet, so I’ve been busy digging through the well of information there. :slight_smile: