[Tool] AutoHotkey scripts

This stuff no longer works :thinking: But it doesn’t matter since Big Picture autocasting works perfectly for me now:

• press a button to toggle autocasting (Blood of Dreeg for example)

• hold one button to spam 2 actions at the same time (Forcewave + Warcry for example)

I’ll make a short guide for it because it’s not intuitive

Hey there! Trying to implement this. Wont work as intended. The items dont hide, they flicker as long as lmb is pressed. I think Id need a solution where Lalt is pressed only once as long as lmb is pressed. Any ideas?

Even if we fix it (although I don’t think I hade this problem) there’s another issue is that if you press it multiple times in a row then the message buffers for a long time and is display many times over a long period of times.

When you toggle/hide items multiple times in a second, it’s also like that.

I have a much more advanced version of this that attempts to fix this problem but maybe let’s try fixing yours

First of all - your script works perfectly for me so

1. What is bound to LAlt in in-game keybindings and what is bound to plain Alt. Please check it if it’s really Toggle Display Items and if maybe just plain ALt is not bound to anything and it causes the problem

2. Send me your whole script

I’d like to inform you of the 2 things I’ve learnt today

1. Don’t use such style

Send % key

If you had “Space” there, it will send S, P, A, C, E separately. If figured it out because I had Energy Potion on E in Titan quest.

1. This is one is more serious. If you create Timer in the following way multiple times

(1st parameter of SetTimer [its label] is a dynamic function object)

fn := ObjBindMethod(this, "Show")
        SetTimer, %fn%, -%hide_duration%

The timer doesn’t get overwritten (and is executed incorrectly multiple times) as it is the case with simple

SetTimer, Show, -%hide_duration%

How GDAutocaster was working well using it incorrectly I do not know since I use this dynamic method of creating timers with arguments in every class / feature multiple times although not always with the intention of overwriting timers but certainly at least in some places.

Am I supposed to put all of the text into FILENAME.ahk ?
I am completely clueless to what I am seeing, or what to do.

You didn’t even say what would you like to achieve :wink:
For all types of autocasting / combos / QoL features I’d like to recommend you this program

where you can write what would you like to have / I can propose something

A sorry, you commented on Automatic Camera mod on YT, right?

Oh… I’d really like to have that Automatic Camera :sunny:

The camera being a bit “borked” is the most off putting thing for me, I already have GrimCam and customized it but…

Whenever I hold the middle mouse button to rotate the camera, and use A to walk (I try to make the camera follow the character, or rather, using it for the direction she/he should go to whilst holding A), but if you hold the camera rotate, the character won’t follow the camera facing whilst holding A to walk.

Yeah, that was me hehe :smiley:

I can send you sample program for automatic camera rotation with instruction
(compiled .exe so that you don’t have to bother with AutoHotkey)

if you happen to like it (maybe after some tweaks because it can be configured according to personal preferences) then I can merge it into GDAutocaster I’ve linked above because it’s the program I put all the scripts and features to

Also GDAutocaster has Fast Keyboard Camera rotation feature:

• you presss a button and camera rotates quickly by choses degrees, i.e. 60 degress

Automatic Camera I didn’t merge into GDAutocaster because I don’t use it personally and only have one other person using it that writes scripts on his own

Oh that would be great! Better than I even hoped, lol.

Ok, I’d love to try out the ACR (.exe), then perhaps later, the AutoCaster! :smiley:

Thanks a heap!

Ok, I’ll send you something later. GDAutocaster has lots of features like

• autocasting skills like Blood of Dreeg / Pneumatic Burst
  • combos (press one buttor for multiple debuffs)
  • centered Inquisitor Seal
  • automatic hiding of items
  • clicking points on the screen by pressing a button
  • fast manual camera rotation
  • spamming multiple cooldown skills while holding one button
  • using skills actively from the 2nd hotbar
  • binding skill to buttons that are not normally possible
  • skills on double LMB / hold
  • merging all these things together so that i.e. when you press and hold RMB
    • first your 2 debuffs fire
    • than inquisitor seal
    • than spamming of your cooldown skills starts and channeling of continuous skill

Oh, if you wish to add me on Steam, I’ll gift you a game to say thanks for the help:

Hmmm, not sure what it all means (yet) I have just started the game, technically :smiley:

But the camera is extremely horrible (to me)…

Not so fast, you don’t know if you will even like it, it’s not perfect

Meanwhile you check manual camera rotation videos in this topic?

I use this

Here you have a post with this program [click the title of the most to go there and read instructions] (you need to delete .txt extension)

Don’t be afraid of viruses, antyviruses delete or user compiled exe’s all the time

• I made is so that it doesn’t rotate when you’re holding LMB near the character
  • and it doesn’t rotate near 12 o clock (configured segment i.e. 10 degrees or something like that)

It’s all planned to be merged and configurable by the user in GDAutocasterr if someone likes it and use it.

This is how it works for me (rotation done automatically):
(in the video it doesn’t rotate in the beginning - don’t pay attention to that)
https://i.imgur.com/MFbVNUi.gif

I’ve downloaded the autorotate.exe.txt (changed the file extension to autorotate.exe), but it doesn’t seem to work for me?
I visibly see the it running (the AutoHotKey script) and I ran it as Administrator. I did change the camera rotate buttons to B & N.

I’ve tried it on both default Grim Dawn and Grim Dawn via GrimInternals.

Not sure why it wouldn’t work?

Do you move your character with LMB? Administrator for this program for Grim Dawn is not needed I think but it’s needed for Titan Quest and Diablo 2 from my testing :slight_smile:

I do use the LMB, aye