[Tool] Custom Interactive Game Maps - the-maphack.com

If you are looking for maps of your favorite games, look no further! the-maphack.com has officially launched, with full support for Grim Dawn and more to come.

As the name is kinda misleading - this is a ‘simple’ online game-maps website, no 3rd party programs involved! though, the name was chosen because of its reference to mentioned programs but was meant to be funny :wink:

• zoom-able/pan-able view of the world-map and dungeons
  • Hundreds of predefined Pins
  • User created, locally stored Pins
  • Mark Pin as found/collected
  • Local database management (for different playthroughs/characters)
  • Mobile support (ipad 2 (ios 8) equivalent or higher, android version 4.4.2 and above. may stutter on older devices)
  • Ongoing development with regular updates.

Firefox is supported but we highly recommend using a webkit based browser for performance reasons - chrome for windows/linux; safari/chrome for mac.

You’ll most likely encounter bugs/glitches. If you can reproduce them, please send us a message through our contact form.

features currently in development

• backup import (sorry this had to wait)
  • support for Internet Explorer 11 and Edge (xbox)
  • List of all Maps, similar to the list of Pins
  • in-game coordinates conversion (where applicable)
  • freehand drawing layer

… and many many more

http://the-maphack.com

Very nice - direct link to the Grim Dawn maps.

oh thank you for linking, thought i put a link on ‘Grim Dawn’ but it’s just bold

updated yesterday

• added ie11/edge support
  • list of maps
  • backup import
  • changed wording of almost all descriptions to be more consistent

These are great! Bookmarked.

Community translation for:

• Czech
  • Chinese (simplified)
  • French
  • German
  • Korean (not complete)
  • Polish
  • Russian
  • more to come

Please be aware that only Mapdata was translated. If you want to help (and i really do need help with this!) translating the rest of the interface please contact me.
French interface translation was done by association and parts google so this is most certainly wrong! Besides it took to long.

How to prepare your local database:

1. Change (back) to English
  2. Open the Map-Settings
  3. Open the Clear-menu
  4. Select ‘Reset titles of predefined Pins’

Current Issues

• [li]The label will disappear after you clicked the collect button for the first time (for each Pin). This is a design-flaw finally acting up and I’m not sure just yet how to tackle it, but i really wanted to get the translations live ;)[/li]The label is not actually gone just hidden, I will fix/change this as soon as possible!
  • 3 Caverns in act 1 still have their english names

Does the font display correctly in all languages/devices/os’?

EDIT: Big thanks to all authors of the community translations from me!! credits are given on the Worldmap for each language

Many thanks to you!

Excellent work!

the new caching rules on the live server are a bit too good :undecided:

working on a fix right now!

if you change language and the wrong data is loaded try to clear images and files from your browser cache (only images/files, otherwise your local database is removed).

caching issues should be resolved
reverted title changes (please use the fix button inside the settings window to fix ‘undefined’ titles)

added remaining languages
dutch
greek
italian
spanish
portuguese

japanese was not added as the translation files only contain localized quests

You’re missing a quest mob outside devils crossing, at the left bridge/pathway just before the lower crossing WP.

oh, which one? you can share custom pins by clicking on the left-most button inside the infopane (chain icon), the generated url will contain all relevant data!

i will gladly give credit if you add a name/nick to the note

cheers

That´s a wondervoll map. Great work!

http://the-maphack.com/index.php?page=2 so this site have community languages

If I want to update the Chinese translation of the text, how to operate?

If I knew the coding behind it or had the know-how, I would update this but is there any plan to update with present content or is someone in the works of re-doing it?

the-maphack.com has just been updated! some of the new features are still disabled but will be enabled in the next few days.

the map will now toggle edit features on/off depending on the capabilities of the device/platform you are using. this means the map should now at least be viewable with almost every device/platform.

all nemesis locations have been added to a dedicated collection. you can subscribe to this and other collections even without an account! since user registration is still disabled :wink:

i will let you all know as soon as all features are available

Fine, thanks! :slight_smile:

I hope this will also be updated for with the expansion content :slight_smile:

It’s probably too soon to ask but anxiously awaiting an update with the new content.

EDIT: well, apparently it was added already, nice work OP.

Thanks from me for the Malmouth update sooner than expected.

The map is missing the Cinder Wastes rift though.