[Tool] GD Interactive Maps

I just released my first version of the Grim Dawn Interactive Maps tool:

LINK: http://maps.grimdawn.es

Features:

• Zoomable world map with hotspots. Zoom can be done with the mousewheel and/or the blue map menu icons.
  • Clicking on each hotspot lable you’ll see a little image and sometimes a brief explanation about the hotspot.
  • Clicking on each menu entry below the world map will zoom the map to the chosen location.
  • Lables are hidden until you zoom almost to the max, to avoid confusion.
  • Dragging the bottom-right corner of the map will resize it.
  • Map of each dungeon/undeground area, classified by acts (main menu).
  • Map names in the colorbox popup.
  • Maps can be viewed through worldmap too. Each tooltip box contains the map link/s corresponding to each location.
  • Rift tooltips appear before any other type of tooltip when zooming. 50% zoom now shows the rift tooltips, 80% zoom shows all tooltips (some kind of antispoiler).

You can also download a compressed file containing all the images used to create the app. This also includes the layered psd file used to create the world map and the hotspots.

Due to the game nature, hotspots can be classified in many ways. I made it 99% in a chronological order. I think is the easiest way to use it, and also the easiest way for me if I need to modify the script.

For any kind of question or suggestion, please, you’re welcome.

Hope you find it useful.

This is very cool! Excellent work!

Will you be adding locations for one shot chests or have I just overlooked that?

Also, a mod should sticky this.

Awesome!

Meanwhile, I’m trying to figure out how you posted a link with fewer than 3 total posts on the forums…

Nice work, I’m always forgetting spawn points. :smiley:

Very nice indeed… I’ll just scrap the map I was working on…damn should have been quicker :wink:

There are five entrances to Bloodbriar’s Lair, btw, whereas your map only suggests one.

Many thanks therefor! :smiley:

//Edit

If you open a Act-1 map, you can swicht beween all maps, that’s nice!

But … there should be shown the name of each map.

And it would be also nice, if you can open each map over the world map … if possible!?

nice work indeed!

I’ll try to add more content like that in any of the next releases.

Titles for each map will be added.

Each “submap” through main map won’t be zoomable and will display as a standard lightbox image, but I’ll add this feature too.

Don’t scrap any work! Still a lot of stuff to do here, any help will be nice.

The four remaining will be added in the next release.

Thank a lot for your feedback!

Don’t know if the work I’ve got will be any use, as I wasn’t going as fancy as your interactive on-line map with many nice features :D. Mine was simply going to be a large downloadable image with all the areas showing as visited (brighter green) and around the edges of the world, in the dark areas, I was going to add the underground maps. Also I was going to do 2 versions, one with just riftgates marked and the underground maps having no names so it’s sort of spoiler free and then a second map with various icons to show, locations, entrances, quests etc and all the underground maps labeled.

I’d still be interested in this.

Wonderful work. Thanks for doing this.

The Utilites and Resources section of the forum is moderated. There are very few threads in it. Yes, I agree it is stick-worthy, but look at the subforum, for now, they are basically all stuck. Oh well, stuck it anyway.

You should maybe elaborate there…sure lots of people would like to contribute. What do you need?

Anyway, I thought you should see this Chuca:

Quote is from private subsection of forums, but it is directed at your maps. I thought you should see it and I hope it makes you smile real big to know that you have pleased Zantai…not an easy feat!

This is pretty awesome, reminds me of the Guild Wars 2 maps. Check that out for inspiration on how to implement filters, I’d like to be able to turn off quest locations (~Isaac’s stash reward location is a major spoiler).

Another idea I had would be a monster type locations overlay. Handy when hunting for a specific MI to quickly find good farming spots.
Probably a lot of work, but maybe you could crowd-source the info here? :slight_smile:

Really nice! Congratz.

I have a suggestion: Allow to write little notes/post-it on the map.

For example, in act 1 you see a metallic door that need a key. Then you open your map and can write “I saw a misterious door that need a key for open”, like an adventure notebook.

But i dont know if its possible

Nice work man, Love it :slight_smile:

Well, I’m pretty new here. Can say I spend even more time developing this tool than playing… after this last night I can’t see any other thing than X-Y coordinates :smiley:
Any help with locations (like one-shot chests and any other you wanna see here) will be helpful. Meanwhile I’m using my self-discovered points and some from the wiki.

Planning some more features and a full fansite, hope to see Zantai happy a lot of times.

The tool is developed in a different way, so those addons and overlay will be hard to include in this tool right now. Anyway, anyone can easily check the code, grab the images, help with some other script or even upgrading the current one.

Awesome! And so much potential, too!

As FOE said, it would be nice if Dungeon maps opened with a link on their main map entry. I imagine it would also be nice if there were spoiler-free general location descriptions, like what enemies can be encountered, IF there might be a one shot chest, possibility of lore notes dropping from breakables, etc etc.

That’s a lot of work though, is there any grunt work we can do to help out?

eng:
That seems like a ton of work to do, but it´s just awesome

esp version:

Muy bueno el mapa chuca te lo curraste mucho

Very nice work! :slight_smile: Look forward to making use of this later. :wink:

Soul

Great, many thanks!