[Tool] GD Stash

I am probably not computer literate enough as I would like in this situation :slight_smile:

I did install the SQL Client as instructed, but I am having trouble getting the apache derby embedded driver to install. I am getting this error. I assume there is just something I am missing, I am not familiar with any of this lol.

Could not find class org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver in neither the Java class path nor the Extra class path of the Apache Derby Embedded driver definition:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver

You have to select the drivers you want to install as part of the install…

Also, see above for a shot in the dark approach, has pretty good chances though, it was those two files for a long time

Alright Ill try that then. Will report back in a minute.

OH SHIT IT WORKED.

Looks like all my items are in there. Thank you so much for spending the time to walk me through this! I was literally gunna walk away from the game after 400 hours if I had lost everything. You don’t happen to have a paypal donation page or anything set up so I can reimburse you for your time do you?

Glad it worked, never really used that process before as so far no one then need to upgrade the item table yet, they ‘all’ (2 persons or so) could just keep on using it.

I am not accepting donations, makes this feel too much like an obligation / work for me :wink:

Not sure if this has already been reported but GDStash seems to fail to add a few illusions, at least on my end.
What I can say for sure is that it didn’t add some illusions from Kymon’s Chosen faction gear, in particular this chest piece illusion [1.1.7.2] Beginner's Scorching Ray Templar (I imported the database, added all illusions and some faction ones were missing). I also GDStashed gear from other factions and there were some previously unknown illusions.

Yes, something like that has been reported, but should be fixed in the latest version. So if you are not on that yet, it is time to upgrade :wink:

1 Like

@mamba:
Are you the one who wrote the 32-bit Windows exe version of GDS or did some other party write it?.. and thank you for continuing to update GDS.

Both versions are the same identical Java code, the .exe just uses a different compiler. So yes, I wrote both.

Awesome. Thank you.

I have 4 potential newb questions. While on my Vita Cabalist I found a bunch of gear that had pet bonuses on it.

• how does one search for items in the DB that have pet bonuses (any kind and specific bonuses)?
  • how does one search for resist stats on items (for the character, any kind and specific resists)?

I also learned several blueprints. I believe blueprints learned on 1 char are carried over to all other chars.

• How do I search for blueprints that I’ve already learned?
  • How do I search for blueprints that I have yet to acquire?

any kind only

see the Resistance flag in the top row ? select that and the type of resistance you are looking for

They are carried over to other chars.

To search for learned blueprints you need to import them on the Im/Export page (the tool reads the formulas.gst to find them). You can then search for the learned ones just like for any other item. For the unlearned you have to search for blueprints on the Collection page (which lists all and tells you which ones you have and which ones you miss).

Many thanks.

Hi, is there anyway to use GD Stash without installing Java. It is incompatible with the current version of Java which I’m using to study at college.

Many thanks.

First of all, you can have multiple versions of Java installed in parallel, second, it should not be incompatible with any Java version 8 and up. Which version are you using ?

EDIT: I installed Java 14.02 and ran GD Stash on it, there were no issues. I used the following .bat file

1 Like

Java
I installed the latest version on the website which is Version 8 Update 261. GD Stash is working but my java code doesn’t. No idea

Not sure what page you are going to, I use https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-downloads.html

Then your choice is between 14.0.2, 11.0.8 and 8u261. If your code does not run under Java 8, then you use features it did not have yet I guess.

GD Stash on the other hand should work on 8 and up, as I use no new features (there aren’t really all that many interesting ones anyway), so if you are on JDK 11, that too should work unless the OpenJDK has an issue there, because it does work even under 14.02

1 Like

Well I installed the old version on this website https://java.com/en/download/
No wonder it doesn’t work. I’m good now, really appreciate! :clap:

FWIW, GDStash works fine with GraalVM CE, an alternative compiler backend. Which is nice. Only thing that doesn’t are the bundled launchers – the exe and bat – which don’t pick it up as a viable alternative. (or, at least, not when installed with scoop.)

thanks again for GDStash.

PS C:\Users\danie> java -version
openjdk version "11.0.8" 2020-07-14
OpenJDK Runtime Environment GraalVM CE 20.2.0 (build 11.0.8+10-jvmci-20.2-b03)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM GraalVM CE 20.2.0 (build 11.0.8+10-jvmci-20.2-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

If you install ‘custom’ VMs, I assume you know how to get a .jar to run on them as well. The .exe and .bat are meant for the average user with the regular VM who never even heard of GraalVM :wink:

2 Likes