[Tool] GD Stash

Didn’t know that. Un-selected the total conversion mod option (though isn’t RoT a total conversion?) and imported the database. Devotions are available now (but the total conversion mod option was re-enabled afterwards?).

no, it contains GD masteries, GD items and GD devotions, so it is not really all that different from e.g. the D3 mod or Grimarillion. It does have a different world map however, unlike the other two

nothing should enable that, maybe you saved it as part of your settings, but even then it should not reenable itself

Was REALLY hoping they would remove most of the GD stuff (the masteries and gear, leave the devotions, components, augments and reset potions).

I heard they were thinking whether to go more pure D2 or a mix and they decided on the latter after the announcement of Diablo 2 Resurrected.

They DID announce over a year ago that the plans were for a “pure” D2 mod and maybe there’d be a version with GD masteries and gear included at the 1.0.0.0 release.

No matter what Activision claims, pretty sure D2:R is gonna end up like Warcraft 3 Refunded. Game play is slow, boring (I’m bored on /players 8 difficulty solo), every area looks 95% identical (Black Marsh has a few extra puddles, highlands have a few extra rocks scattered around). Least in Reign of Terror every area looks unique.

However, this isn’t a conversation for the GDStash thread. Please move to the RoT thread if you want to continue.

Hello,
Am I doing something wrong?
I don’t remember seeing this much text when I first imported DoM after reinstalling Grim Dawn and the Latest GD Stash.

DoM Import.txt (72.7 KB)

There isn’t really anything you can do wrong. GD Stash has gained some features, so has some more things to complain about, the mod might have gained new masteries or whatever with their own set of errors, but you have no control over any of that, so there is nothing you can do / do wrong here.

Thanks, was worried I hadn’t cleared something.

I’m back for something that is strange. I’m using the add all illusions option and yet I seem to be missing a number of them.

This is a main campaign sword that doesn’t appear in my custom game illusions list. I’m fairly certain more are missing but this one I had in mind since I was just looking for it.

Also…

This torso has been around for a long time and was present at some point yet has now vanished from my list of illusions. The Illusion still works as I have a few older chest pieces that I use on leveling toons.

I’m not actually expecting much, just kind of annoyed and kind of hope this is something that wasn’t intentional and just incidental due to some change in the code.

edit: The torso as far as I know is from the DoM and grimarillian(sp?) mods.

All illusions should exist, if you know the name if the vanilla item I can check if there is a reason why it would not show up.

I was able to do a fairly quick double check on the following weapon illusions. If you need more examples I can build a more complete list sometime tonight after the kids go to sleep.

2h illusion “wrathblade”
2h illusion “Spite”
2h illusion “Arcanor, Blade of the Luminari”

The chest illusion was a variant of the “Worn Clothing” chest piece all characters start with. I remember at one point creating multiple characters just to ‘farm’ those starting illusions, yet that no longer seems to be the case.

Which version of GD Stash are you on ? Mine has those illusions, not sure if I fixed anything since the latest release, but do not think so.

1.6.0k, exe version if that matters.

I just used GDS to create a Wrathblade and equipped it not only did it not display that a new illusion was unlocked when I went to the illusionist it didn’t even recognize the weapon, unlike with most others where in it moves to highlight the item’s illusion/appearance.

I deleted the illusion files and used a new character to create a fresh set then added the items I needed to recreate the look I wanted via GDS the illusions took and work exactly as they should have.

I know everything is working for you, yet something seems wonky for me.

Interesting results… I just did add all illusions. The ones I added at the beginning are still there, however those that were are missing before, such as Spite and the Luminari sword, are not still present and once again creating them and even equipping them doesn’t unlock them.

I kind of wish I could read the illusion files and look at them because I suspect something strange is happening during the transcription process.

On a related note… If I wanted to do as clean of an uninstall and reinstall of GDS as possible what would I need to delete? I’m not able to identify where GDS stores it’s imported file data for example.

if equipping them does not unlock them, this to me means they are unlocked. It is entirely up the GD to decide what is new / being unlocked and what is already knows. So as far as GD is concerned, this is already unlocked and being displayed.
GD Stash does not manipulate GD in any way, just the various save files. So the decison what is new and what is not is entirely up to standard GD.

you can open it in a hex editor, it predominantly is a text file, so if you know the item’s dbr, you can search for it

It doesn’t matter whare GD Stash stores its data as importing GD data will always wipe all stored GD data and then do a fresh import (your collected items survive however).
If you insist on deleting it (beware that this includes your collected items), the db is in C:\users\username\GDStash\db or db_modname

Hello ,i ve been using GD Stash for a while now and first i want to thank the creator/s for the work they put in ,to make this amazing tool.

Now ,i have a question ,i ve been playing the Reign of Terror mod recently ,and i ve been informed that ,others can reset their vanilla GD classes on a specific character ,while for me ,only the RoT classes appear ,and can be reset.
So i have the question ,am i doing something wrong ,or missing something?
Yes ,cloud saves are disabled ,always have been since i ve been using Grim Internals since i started playing the game.

Thank you.

Edit : I fixed it ,had to uncheck the total conversion mod and reimport the mod database

1 Like

I have an issue, the MySQL database wasn’t created for some reason.

There is no MySQL database (it’s Derby) and you are the one creating it when you import the GD data.

@mamba Old question, but have you thought about open sourcing this? I’ve worked on multiple open source projects and can help. I’ve also been a Java programmer for over a decade.

1 Like