[Tool] GD Stash

while being a temp fix for losing items and not a crash solution; hit the save stash button after making any stash alterations/pulls/storage
even if GDstash crashes because of search bug, the items will be saved

not sure why this would crash / occur, but I added a few checks to the model just in case.

It still does not explain any lost items to me. What items are you talking about? Items stored in GD Stash, items in the shared stash?

alright so this might be a bit weird/obscure, and possibly totally my fault/my pc related
but for some reason interacting with GDstash “now” keeps prompting the "default windows beep"sound, which besides being weird is also annoying :sweat_smile:
aside from turning off the windows sound/“notification” entirely, any ideas as to why or how this is or getting it to stop?

no idea how you manage that, sounds like there is maybe some hidden popup you would need to click that gets in the way, but that should not survive starting the program again

Any updates regarding the new stuff coming in 1.2?

Importing the database of the v1.2 playtest throws these errors:

Index: 0, Size: 0
 java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
 	at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
 	at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
 	at org.gdstash.ui.character.GDCharFactionPane.initReputationLevels(GDCharFactionPane.java:202)
 	at org.gdstash.ui.character.GDCharFactionPane.updateConfig(GDCharFactionPane.java:1060)
 	at org.gdstash.ui.character.GDCharDataOverviewPane.updateConfig(GDCharDataOverviewPane.java:272)
 	at org.gdstash.ui.character.GDCharEditTabbedPane.updateConfig(GDCharEditTabbedPane.java:142)
 	at org.gdstash.ui.character.GDCharEditPane.updateConfig(GDCharEditPane.java:450)
 	at org.gdstash.ui.GDConfigPane.initData(GDConfigPane.java:1435)
 	at org.gdstash.ui.GDConfigPane.access$800(GDConfigPane.java:78)
 	at org.gdstash.ui.GDConfigPane$DBImportWorker.doInBackground(GDConfigPane.java:295)
 	at org.gdstash.ui.GDConfigPane$DBImportWorker.doInBackground(GDConfigPane.java:80)
 	at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
 	at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

GDstash still seems to work fine after this, but after closing the program it won’t start up again, it’s stuck at the splash screen forever. The only way to start it up again seems to be deleting the c:/users/username/gdstash/db folder. But then I have to import the database again, which again results in the errors above.

Luckily I made a backup of my stash so nothing is lost, it’s just a mild inconvenience that I have to keep GDstash running all the time if I don’t want to delete and import the db everytime I want to use the tool :sweat_smile:

Don’t do that, that also deletes your collected items

Can reproduce the issue and have it fixed on my end

Haven’t looked at it yet, not expecting it to affect GD Stash, is there something you are thinking of in particular? Haven’t really followed what is new in 1.2

Stash is breaking if you import the database for v1.2 it seems. devloek on the GD discord in mod-discussion channel said he’d imported the database, got a load of error messages although it seemed to work okay, but when he closed it he couldn’t reopen it again. Had to delete the gdstash db folder to get it to open properly and then got the error messages again.

GDStash crashes loading the new the DB like Volek posted. I don’t see anything about faction reputation in the change logs though.

Yes, as I wrote, I have a fix for that, was just wondering if you were expecting support for some new features on top of that.

Version 1.7.0 has been uploaded, it fixes the GD 1.2.0 beta import issue

2 Likes

thank you for the fix! The runeofhagarrad.dbr errors still persist but the launch lockup has been resolved :+1:t4:

These are warnings, the issue is not with GD Stash but with the .dbr records. You could argue the issue is that the tool even cares about them instead of identifying them as nonsense / placeholders, but it is not that smart :wink:

It will not affect the import at all, as they are not relevant data for GD (the game) and GD Stash considers these warnings, i.e. ignores the issue it encountered.

I might take a closer look at this once we get the next expansion. Chances are by then I need some actual changes, and at that time maybe I tell the tool to ignore these records instead of complaining about them (or they are gone again, they did not appear to exist before either).

1 Like

Can anyone else confirm that the “add crafting bonuses” option is gone in the current version?

Here are a few examples of craftable items not being able to pick a crafting bonus.

@mamba

can confirm, except relics still have it

1 Like

Version 1.7.1 uploaded

Fixes the completion bonus issue

3 Likes

that was a fast fix! :tada:

thank you very much! :clinking_glasses:

@mamba

when trying to import the data base I get this now.
can I just ignore this or…?!

No, these are errors, but I cannot see anything useful because the messages are cut off. Can you copy & paste the text?

I imported the DB with the recent versions without issue, which version are you using?