[Tool] GD Stash

That’s the version i was using when it stopped working
Could an older version of the program perhaps fix the issue, and do we have the option to install older versions of it?

EDIT: So i tried activating the .jar file, and then when nothing happened i went to make coffee. Now it’s a few minutes later – i figured i’d let it think for a bit – and there is no related process running that i can see.

Try running selecting the JAR file with right click and select run with: And Java should be an option if you installed it properly.

Obviously Mamba knows what he is talking about, but the Jar file is the only thing that works for me. And, like I noted, he should link to the specific Java version that works. All his mod does is drop you off on the Java website, which is confusing as hell for people that have zero programing knowledge or understanding.

I guarantee more people have issues with installing Java then they do the mod.

I don’t use GD-Stash anymore because Item Assistant is just better for inventory management and it works automatically without java. It also just takes the items out of your stash instantly and gives you a notification. You may want to try that unless you want the cheat functions of GD-Stash.

Use the default download for the JRE

https://www.java.com/en/download/

The reason why the mainline warehouse file cannot be saved when copied to a custom Mod is that the directory name contains Chinese characters. Can it be corrected so that it can recognize Chinese characters?

javax.swing.ImageIcon@6ac83223 Exception end of file
java.io.EOFException: Exception end of file
at org.gdstash.file.GDWriter.writeByteArr(GDWriter.java:53)
at org.gdstash.file.GDWriter.writeInt(GDWriter.java:97)
at org.gdstash.db.DBStashItem.write(DBStashItem.java:3641)
at org.gdstash.item.GDItem.write(GDItem.java:2231)
at org.gdstash.item.GDStashPage.write(GDStashPage.java:182)
at org.gdstash.item.GDStash.createBuffer(GDStash.java:625)
at org.gdstash.item.GDStash.write(GDStash.java:634)
at org.gdstash.ui.GDTransferPane$FileSaveActionListener.actionPerformed(GDTransferPane.java:204)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at com.jtattoo.plaf.BaseButtonListener.mouseReleased(BaseButtonListener.java:65)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

the error has nothing to do with Chinese characters in the file name, not sure how you arrived at that being the cause.

Do you have a stash for a mod with Chinese characters in its name that you can send?

Well, you can try this:
^l大仓库大背包即召^f(怀旧)^d.zip (2.4 MB)

The warehouse files generated using it cannot be changed by GDS.

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/mod-new-caravan-inventory-nostalgic-version-apply-to-gd-v1-2-0-5-gdx2/94922

In fact, this is to change its English name into Chinese name.
When I copy the mainline warehouse to the English name customization, GDS saves the warehouse normally.

In the same operation process, for Mods with Chinese directory names, GDS will make errors and cannot save them.

If you save again, the following prompt will pop up:

that zip seems to be broken, I cannot open it. Also not sure why a stash file would be 2.4 MB, that should be 10s to maybe 100s of kb

Is it possible that the WinRAR or 7zip software is not installed on your computer?

Ah, this is to comply with the forum rules. The file name suffix of the compressed package has been changed from .7z to .zip. Please try changing the suffix of the downloaded file name back to .7z. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Note: The forum only allows the upload of compressed files in .zip format, with a size limit of 4MB.

https://buzzheavier.com/d/1765971790879088640/^l大仓库大背包即召^f(怀旧)^d.zip

Well, what I uploaded is not a warehouse archive, but a custom Mod with a Chinese name, which I aim to use to generate a shared warehouse directory with the same name.

transfer.zip (30.5 KB)

Can you upload a stash for a mod with a Chinese name? This one is English…

When I play the mod you uploaded to create a stash for it, I am ending up not getting any stash at all (in the save dir) and the items I place in it are lost, I assume that is because of the mod name somehow.

Strange, isn’t this a Mod with a Chinese name? Why can’t a warehouse archive with the corresponding name be generated? :anguished:

Or try decompressing this archive with a Chinese directory name to your archive directory …/My Games/Grim Dawn/save
^l大仓库大背包^f(怀旧)^d.zip (1.8 KB)

^l大仓库大背包即召^f(怀旧)^d
Oh, I know the reason. I can’t see Chinese at all in the English interface.

The Chinese interface can be displayed normally.

I have an idea of where it is going wrong, but I am not sure how to fix it. I am not sure how Crate is encoding the mod name in the transfer stash.

As long as they stick to English letters it is straightforward, but with the Chinese letters it appears to not simply be UTF8. When I read the striing, it is 24 bytes, converted to UTF8 it is 38 bytes however, and when I save it as that, GD does not ‘like’ it.

I could keep the mod name as a byte array, but then you cannot change it. Still better than nothing I guess, just not the level of support English has (where you can change the mod name).

1 Like

Thank you for your patient answer. :pray:

Hey :slight_smile: So I used GDstash with Grimarillion a couple of years back and had no problems with it. Now I recently started playing again, once again using Grimarillion, but I’m having some issues. Problem is that when I try to say, craft an item and send it to the shared stash ingame, it just doesn’t show up there at all. My characters all show up in GDstash and the inventories etc, but nothing ever shows up in the shared stash even though I have the Grimarillion tab selected. I am using cloud save btw but I always exit the game before opening gdstash. Would appriciate some help :slight_smile: Thanks in advance

that’s the issue, gdstash can’t save/overwrite the stash file in steam save folder afaik, so you need to make changes while the game is running or something? and then close the game iirc
^GDstash doesn’t work as simply when cloud saves on is why

This doesn’t work. I get a error message saying that Grim dawn has to be closed when you try to save changes in GDstash. Makes sense. Thanks anyways though for your suggestion :slight_smile: It’s weird because I had no issues using cloud save with it in the past. Is there any way to save progress across mutiple pc’s without using cloud save then? This is quite bothersome, lol

using a different cloud service than steam
manually copying your saves

I suppose doing it manually could work but I’ve never done that before. Do you know which files exactly that needs to be copied? Don’t wanna mess anything up

you just copy the entire save folder from whatever is your current progress system
C:\Users\user name\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save

^this is where game saves to when you click cloud off ingame

pretty sure that is your problem, cloud save does not always take the local file (it randomly sometimes does), and when it doesn’t, any changed you made to it get lost / overwritten with the cloud copy