[Tool] GD Stash

Everything works fine, except when I rename any of my characters, the change does not take affect in game. When I do a new import, it lists all my characters with the old and new names separately as if they are different characters. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Are you in game while doing this ? If so, exit GD, try renaming and start GD again.

The tool changes the name of the char in the savefile and renames the dir to the new name, so there should only be one char (with the new name) afterwards.
I am not sure what happens if you have GD open at the same time, as it caches the chars and does not expect any of them to ‘disappear’. Maybe that is where your char with the old name comes from.

I am not in-game while doing any changes. I actually wait approximately 5 minutes for the cloud sync before launching the game and 5 minutes before making any edits.

Dear Mamba,

I have been using GD Stash a few months now.
Since last week, after I finished saving a character of mine, I closed the GD Stash.
The past week I cannot use it.
Eveytime I double click it, in order to run the JAR file, the PC suddently uses about 90-100% of CPU, freezes for a long time anf lastly gives me a message saying “A Java Exception has occured” like in my attachment.

How can I fix this? I tried installing Java 10 from scratch, but nothing changed.

Best regards,
John

I assume that is the cloud doing its job… ie it detects that you have a char that is not in the cloud and imports it, and it also notices that there is a char in the cloud that is not on the local PC (presumably because you played on a different one) which it then downloads from the cloud.

Check the save dir after renaming the char, the old char should no longer exist, and check it again after starting the game, the old char is downloaded from the cloud.

Assuming this is true, delete the old char in game.

No idea unfortunately.

My first try would be to download the latest version (again) and see if that fixes it. In that case there was a problem with your local .jar

If that does not work, move the db dir (C:\users\username\GDStash\db) somewhere else. If it now works, there is an issue with your DB - which does not imply that your stored items are lost

If this too does not solve it, try reinstalling Java. Sounds like you tried that already…

Version 1.2.6a released

Some changes to how I process ARCs, Reign of Terror should now import correctly as a result

Wendigo Spirits are now stackable

The problem is still, is it the reason for the language?

Not sure what problem you have, as you do not give any info.

I still get a lot of warnings but no more errors. All errors I previously had were item images exceeding the DB size I had given to them. This was due to an error in the arc processing and the item ended up with the wrong image.

Try importing without the translation zip, if that works I might have to revisit my logic there.

I didn’t know there is a chinese translation for the tool :slight_smile: Is thee someplace to download it ?

If don’t choose MOD, can work normally. It doesn’t seem to be the reason for language.

The list after importing data is too long to describe. Sorry.

whether the language zip is the issue very much depends on what errors you get, which you still have not mentioned.

The list after importing data is too long to describe. Sorry.

ignore the warnings and mention a few of the error messages - a screenshot of the messages won’t help unless you switch the UI to english

If you cannot tell me what issue you have, I cannot look into it. The mod you tried to inport is Reign of Terror ? The import works for me, I get a lot of warnings, but you can ignore those (they are issues of the mod). The important part is there are no errors and the import was successful.

It was a tricky process:

1. Deleted the failed GDStash renamed character’s folder in the Steam cloud folder
  2. Doing the rename on the original characters in GDStash
  3. Launching GD and manually deleting the old character names (as both the renamed characters and the existing characters were present as clones)

Thank you so much!

Yeah, the cloud interferes with file manipulations, as it ends up having a different opinion (file). With local saves it is easier, rename, done.

I just moved db and worked wonders with the latest version you released.
Thank you so very much man!

did you have any items stored ? If so, you will have to move those two files back… I think I mentioned their names a few posts ago, otherwise I will have to look them up some other time, so you can do so.

You can store items in the meantime, you will then need to export them, copy the files (thereby overwriting the newly stored items) and then importing them again however.

Ok i’m having trouble opening the application, downloading this program for the first time, very new to this.

Make sure you have Java installed, unzip, run GDStash.jar. Enjoy.

There is a manual in the “doc” folder, btw.

Yeah I still don’t get what i’m suppose to do, I opened it with WinRAR, and saw the text files but i’m really confused.

Extract the files to wherever you want to put the programme, then go to the GDStash folder, find the executable jar file and double click on that to start the installation. Once it’s done, enter and go to configure and import the database which will take a few minutes. Then you should be good to go.

You extract the .zip in a dir of your choice and double-click the .jar to stsrt the tool. Assuming the association of the file is correct, that starts the tool - with WinRAR installed, chances are it grabbed the extension however, in that case reinstall Java (64 bit if you are on a 64bit OS)

Also, read the documentation if you have questions, it should hopefully answer most of them.