[Tool] GD Stash

Mamba,

Thanks for the stunningly swift reply, that worked! Once again, thank you for making the quality of life experience with this great game even better!

“ava heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at org.gdstash.file.ARZDecompress.extractRecords(ARZDecompress.java:237)
at org.gdstash.file.ARZDecompress.decompress(ARZDecompress.java:112)
at org.gdstash.ui.GDConfigPane$DBImportWorker.doInBackground(GDConfigPane.java:218)
at org.gdstash.ui.GDConfigPane$DBImportWorker.doInBackground(GDConfigPane.java:73)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)”

This is what i get when I try to open the database…Any thoughts?

Are you using the 32 bit version of Java? You really need the 64 bit one.

Win10 64 bit version jre 8

Did you import the database?

I opened the app, configurated the game paths, hit save settings, clicked import db, it passed all the files and after it reached the phase Decompressing database.arz it was just a couple of seconds and then boom, i got that error. I’ll try again so I can post a screenshot

Here it is -> http://i65.tinypic.com/ndk711.jpg

the JRE comes in a 32 and a 64bit version. You are definitely using the 32bit one (as I never run out of heap space in the 64bit one).

You can either download the 64bit JRE and use that or increase the heap space via the .bat file. In the latter case, make first sure that the path to java.exe matches the dir on yoyr system (open it in any text editor and change the path if needed).

that is very early, usually that happens during one of the larger ARC files…

Java reserves a % of your RAM as heap space, so it looks like you simply have little (free ?) RAM to begin with.
The solution is still the same, try the 64bit JRE or increase heap space via the .bat - in your case you might need to do so even for 64bit Java as it appears that the JVM defaults to a really low number (which means you also should have little RAM in the system)

You should also try freeing up some RAM, because for the program to run out that early, I assume it did not even manage to get 200-300MB of heap space…

I was using an older java runtime, version 7 more precisely but 64 bit one. I updated now to version 8 64 bit. When it reached the database.arz decompressing phase it started working very slow. Currently have 8GB of ram ddr3 and only 4.6 gb is used while the program is decompressing database.arz

Ha! It worked. Turns out the jre version was the issue. So on win10 64 bit having the latest jre is a must in order for it to work.

Interesting, I have been using Java 7, 8 and 10 and never ran out of RAM / heap in any of them under Win 10.

Code wise I try to not use any features that are new in 8 (which is easy, it did not add much of interest…), so any JVM version 7 and up should be able to run it.

I have not tried Java 7 in a while though, as support for that ended in 2015 :wink:

Wierd stuff…but now i am kind of lost…I want to try editing some MI green items that are soulbound on one of my char. How should i proceed on doing that since the crafting system only allows me to take items from the sharedstash? This really needs some instructions manual ^^

it has a manual, see the doc dir…

Also, crafting does not take items from your stash, you create new items that you place in your stash. You can place them there whether they are soulbound or not.
In game, they will be soulbound to whoever takes them from the shared stash…

I do not allow editing of existing items, as I feel it is safer to just create a new one. This way you do not ruin something you found :wink:

Aaaa got it :D. I’ll give it a try to see the works :D.

This tool is amazing. Let’s room for lot of testing. You are trully remarcable mamba!
P.S. noticed a little mistake, Basilisk Crest giving bonus duration to Ravenous Earth rather than giving damage and 100% conversion to acid to Ring Of Steel.

huh, that is read straight from the game’s database, so would be surprised if it were wrong. Will check that, thanks

Dunno… All my self found basilisk crests have the conversion to RoS…

At most this could be a display error in the tool, the stats are not stored with the item, so whatever you see in GD is accurate. Maybe there are different versions of that item.

Basilisk Crest

Basilisk Mark

Hope that clears things up :wink: