[Tool] GD Stash

Yep! Importing it solved the issue. It’s been awhile since I used your tool.
Need a refresher. Thanks for the quick reply & solving this issue Mamba.

Thanks for this spectacular mod of yours! :pray:t4::raised_hands:t4::ok_hand:t4::wink:

I had some problems when I tried to import the mod. I’m not sure what the reason is. I came to ask you specifically, I hope you will give feedback. The following is the error of this prompt:
MALFORMED
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MALFORMED
at java.util.zip.ZipCoder.toString (Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getZipEntry (Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.access $ 900 (Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile $ ZipEntryIterator.next (Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile $ ZipEntryIterator.nextElement (Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile $ ZipEntryIterator.nextElement (Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.file.ARCDecompress.decompressZIP (ARCDecompress.java:476)
at org.gdstash.file.ARCDecompress.decompress (ARCDecompress.java:388)
at org.gdstash.file.ARCList.decompress (ARCList.java:115)
at org.gdstash.ui.GDConfigPane $ DBImportWorker.doInBackground (GDConfigPane.java:145)
at org.gdstash.ui.GDConfigPane $ DBImportWorker.doInBackground (GDConfigPane.java:77)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker $ 1.call (Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run (Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run (Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker (Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor $ Worker.run (Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run (Unknown Source)

No idea, never had any issues with zip files. Maybe that zip file is corrupted.

You should be able to work around this by not using a translation zip though, as nothing else is a zip file.

is/was there a way to get all transmogs in GDstash? (well another way than just crafting all possible items)

On the im/export page there is a button to add all of them, but right now that logic has a bug, so some will be missing.

1 Like

yeah I got an error message and then back in game all illusions were gone :frowning:

That is not at all what I was talking about… the issue makes it not add some illusions, no more than that

I don’t think the tool even got to the point of adding anything because it failed at reading the file. So either this was a ‘preexisting condition’ and the data was never changed, or you should also find a backup of your original file, ending in .t00.

I assume it doesn’t exist as I expect GDS never even got to writing data, but if it exists, rename that back to .gst to get your illusions back.
If it doesn’t exist, then GDS never wrote to your file and therefore did not wipe it either.

I assume it already was corrupted or did not exist to begin with, but the existence (or lack thereof) of the .t00 file will answer that.

I had these files

I renamed the transmutes.t02 to .gst and I got back my previous illusions.

Weird, first time I am hearing of this.

In general, GD Stash writes the new file to some temporary name and only once that has been written successfully renames the original file to .t00 and the temp file to the ‘real’ filename. So I do not expect it to ever create a file it later has trouble reading again.

The fact that you also have a 3KB .bak file makes me believe that GDS wrote it correctly, something corrupted it a while ago (long enough ago to also have a 3KB backup by now) and when you now try to load that corrupted 3KB file, the tool failed to read it correctly.
But that too is the first time I hear of that for illusions, I am ‘used’ to cloud save eating transfer stashes (not corrupting them, just wiping them). Are you using cloud save ?

Nope 10chars

@mamba

Hey Mamba. I searched for my issue and couldn’t locate anything.

Basically, I open the program and it stays minimized to the taskbar. No amount of clicking the icon again will open the main window. Running as admin doesn’t fix that. I just completed reinstalling everything from Nexus as well. No dice.

It starts in whatever size it had the last time, which is either maximized or some width and height, there is no option to start minimized. I assume that you have a tiny window size somehow, as otherwise you should be able to get a window.

Delete the gdstash.ini in c:\users\username\GDStash (or change the window size in it with a text editor)

That did it (deleting ini). Thank you so much.

Brand new to Grim Dawn so admittedly a total noob here, but not new to ARPGs - D1, D2, D3, TQ, etc. Have used offline stashes before - ATMA, GoMule, TQVault, etc. Looking at GD Stash now that I have a lvl30 char and starting to accumulate things I may want to save for a future build.

Dumb Question / Request for Perspective - It seems like the tool is setup to “copy” items from chars into this shared stash - is that the right take? I’m looking at the concept of “importing a directory” which presumably pulls all items on all characters into your collection (but leaves them on those chars as well?). I’m just trying to understand how the tool is setup. I prefer to use a stash as nothing more than an offline, larger container without any copying and actually just moving items from and to characters and the stash, so I guess I should just avoid the mass imports and stick with the char / shared stash tabs and actually “move” over the items I want to store offline?

Another question - on the Stash Transfer tab. The file names being referenced in the tool docs are slightly different than what I see in the tool. I have GD+AoM+FG. I see 2 different files to select “SC AoM (.cst)” and “Softcore (.gst)”. What is the difference between these files and which should I be selecting to move my latest items from? I am pretty sure the .gst is a more recent file, but I wanted to understand the difference here.

Thanks for the help. Looks like an awesome offline stash tool!

it copies by default, but ultimately that is up to you.

You can copy or move an item to its storage by pressing the corresponding button and there is a setting whether retrieving an item from the storage is a copy or a move.

importing items at a directory level this will always be a copy.
When you do it at char / stash level you can copy or move them however.

yes

Softcore / Hardcore is always the most recent files

SC AoM and SC Vanilla are copies GD creates when you install FG / AoM respectively (in case you disable the expansion to play in MP with some friends that do not have it).

Maybe an odd question - new to GDStash - really smooth install btw but

1. How do you see the properties of what you craft in the crafting tab ? When I click on the items on the stash tab to the right after creation, it displays stats in the middle window, but these are always the same . They also don’t reflect the actual item stats when I look in game.

2. If you generate multiple items, how do you make items generate different stats for each individual one ? If I say generate 4 I seem to generate clones all with the same stats, which is not what I’m after :slight_smile:

Let me know if screenshots are needed to explain more clearly. Thanks !

The actual stats involve some RNG which has not been replicated, so you always see the same base stats in the tool while the game shows the base value + the RNG variance.

If you want items with different stats, then place the same item in the stash repeatedly. Each one will have a different seed and therefore different values. If you instead create a stack of items by entering the count value, they will all have the same seed as that technically is one item entry with an item count of 10 or whatever and therefore has one seed only.

Ah - that makes sense. Is there a way to see the actual item stats in GDStash or do I need to go in to the game to do that ? I’m assuming you can’t create items and have the game open at the same time.

Got it !

You can have the game open… what you cannot do is have the STASH open (in-game) when transferring items into it.

So I would craft the item then, go in game and open the shared stash, take a look and then close and keep generating if it isn’t what I want then. I can live with that.

How do I remove an item from the stash window if I don’t want ? At the moment I am just not saving it and hitting the refresh button. That seems a bit clunky but if that is the way then I’ll stick with it.