[Tool] GD Stash

No I’m not using cloud saving, but I think it happened when I pressed reload :smiley: Got the stash back from backup tho…thx a lot mate :slight_smile:

Thank you very much. I can confirm that it’s working as expected in 1.0.3a

Hi,

since my Witchblade turned lvl 85 he doesn’t appear in the drop down menus of GD Stash anymore.
How can I correct this?

That cannot have anything to do with the char level. What version are you using ?

The char format changed with 1.0.0.5 HF2, so if you have not updated GD Stash in a while it simply cannot read the char format, which may be the reason why the char is not shown.

Please help me in this situation, before this time every thing is ok but this time i dont know why and dont know how to fix this error.

hm, never seen that, are you using a mod ? If so, which one ?

EDIT: must be a mod, these files do not exist in the vanilla game

i have never ever used any mod in this game before, now you know a best way to fix this error?

If you are on Steam, verify the game. With GOG reinstall and maybe check if there is a newer version, I only checked that these files do no exist in the current version of GD.

If you are on GOG and an older version, let me know.

Hi,

Thanks for the tool. This beats making my own transfer files at least. However, I have had issues when going from one computer to another.

I play on 2-3 different computers due to various reasons. I can transfer regular save files easy, but I am not sure how to transfer the GD Stash around.

What is the best approach to making sure I am also transferring and loading my GD Stash correctly?

I have the normal configuration except for “Transfer from DB to stash” I set to “Move” as I do not want to deal with duplicates as much as possible.

I have used “Export DB Stash” and “Load DB Stash” before. This was okay, method for a while. I had to deal with duplicate message showing all the time, but at least the stash is updated with new items. The old ones that might have been moved to a character will likely be a duplicate at that point I have to handle later.

I noticed those transfer.t01 and I am not sure what they are.

I guess is there a way I can just manually transfer GD Stash completely over each computer and load it. I have not been able to figure out where you store that data. It would be easier if I can treat GD Stash DB like another file I can move around and load as opposed to relying on “Export DB stash” and “Load DB stash”.

If I have to I will go back to using those options and deal with the duplicates. I think I messed up and I might have lost my GD Stash DB.

Recently I thought GD Stash DB was saved somewhere in the Grim Dawn Save folder, so I figured I would just rely on that instead of the .gds file.

Honestly, if this is too complicated. I might just do the old multiple copies of transfer.gst files method instead.

EDIT:

I am currently re-reading the documentation and you mention “Your items are stored in a separate directory in your user-directory (usually C:\Users<username>\GDStash), so your items are save when doing this.”

Should I just copy/paste this folder around or just “Export DB stash”.

Yes, copy that folder around. Since you are using move, rather than copy, this makes sure that the items you removed from the DB actually haven been removed from every DB.

Just make sure that the GD Stash version is the same everywhere as there sometimes are format changes (new fields) in the DB

Ok, I will keep that in mind. Thanks!

How do i effectively update GD stash without losing everything and the like? running 0.99 and need to update to redistribute some attribute points i made mistakes with on a character but i can’t on that version because it doesnt support 1.0.0.5 files. I’m not quite sure how to transfer/update the program without risking messing everything up…

You simply overwrite anything in your install dir with the files from the new version.

You will also have to import the database again when you start the new version the first time since GD Stash’s DB format changed in the meantime (you will get a popup for that)

Hey, is there something that shouldn’t be done/ is not recommended when using this program. I don’t want to fuck up my items. Thanks for making this.

Off the top of my head, do NOT edit a character while you’re logged-in with said character and do NOT edit a shared stash file while you have said shared stash open in-game at the smuggler.

Finally DO disable cloud saving (from Steam, not applicable to the GoG version) as it can royally mess things up.

Other than that, if you use Mods make sure to tell the game so for each stash and character file to avoid messing things up with missing items./attributes.

What KeyperOS said, not using cloud saving is important. You can use it to store items, but retrieving them is unreliable at best, the cloud save frequently takes priority.

Other than that, make sure you do not have the char / shared stash open in game as orherwise your changes get lost.

Hi, I’m a bit confused. I can transfer stuff to the db easily, what I don’t see are options to transfer my stuff back to my in-game stash. What am I missing?

After selecting the item, you simply click on the spot in the stash you want to place it in.

As you need to place it (which you do not need to do when storing an item), there is no button for the transfer back into the stash.

Thanks for your help!

Hm, help please? Created two Skullbreakers, transfered them to stash. After that noticed that stash and character inventory are old (Played with twohanded and moved to DW, but character inventory still shows my old 2hander).
Also, there were two errors after importing database (tagTorsoA001 not found in tags_items.txt and same for tagEnchantA01), but after importing it second time there are none.

I found latest saves in cloud directory. Disabled cloud saving but saves are still located in userdata.