[Tool] GDAutocaster - play 🎹 builds with ease, autocasting of skills, combos, faster / automatic camera, autohiding of items, centered Inquisitor Seal and more for all games!

i changed it to another button, because it messed up with my map (i have it on tab for easier reference)

Set the delay to 100 ms for Shadow Strike because the default is 1000 ms

` is good instead of Tab

Btw don’t you want Shadow Strike on Left Click? It works pretty well with moving.

Also I recommend you can do something like this

• Shadow Strike on Right Click as it is now)
  • Ring of Steel when you hold Right Click + Shift (or maybe space) [you hold shift when near monster]

Or even

• Shadow Strike + Movement on Left Click
  • Right of Steel on Right Click or something like that [you hold it when near monsters]
1 Like

No wait, again on the order of Shadow Strike and Ring of Steel
To be precise I guess it’s like that

1. Shadow Strike needs to be bound to lower number than Ring of Steel
  2. Config position of these numbers shouldn’t matter but I’m not 100% sure of that (haven’t tested)
  3. They should have the same delay set I think (I recommend 100ms)

Literally on my computer 100% of the times SS goes first (if it’s not on cool-down of course)
During a fight there might be a situation where SS is on cool-down and RoS not and then of course RoS will fire first.

Just do something like that

[6]
skill=Shadow Strike
hold_keys=RButton
delay=100

[7]
skill=Ring of Steel
hold_keys=RButton
delay=100

and in-game SS bound to 6 and RoS bound to 7.

But this is honestly a happy coincidence because I haven’t expected or assumed any order.
I again recommend moving with SS on Left Click… If you want to reach ultimate laziness.

Btw if you have slow computer low FPS I recommend lowering res.
I play on Laptop Full HD but in Grim Dawn I have 1280 x 720 :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, i made the delay on SS lower than on other skills and it works just fine now. I don’t want SS on movement, because i want to choose the monster that i hit with SS (usually in the middle of a crowd) while having it on movement, it will go off with much less control.

I think i figured the problem with Pneumatic Burst. The hold key has the same delay as the toggle key. I tried to make two separate entries for that same skill, one for hold RButton without delay and another to toggle with d button with 23000 delay. Now it only casts on holding RButton, no reaction at all on the delay button.
What i did is to have the skill on toolbar on two different buttons, then i made one button in the script for hold RButton and another one for toggle. It didn’t want to work when i had the name of the skill written under the number, but then i deleted it and it works as i want it now.

1 Like

No no no the name of the skill does literally nothing.
Here’s a clean way how to configure Pneumatic Burst with different times during fighting and outside fights.

[1]
skill=Pneumatic Burst
toggle=d
delay=20000
not_hold_keys=RButton

[2]
skill=Pneumatic Burst
delay=100
hold_keys=RButton

un_hold_keys=RButton is not really needed but it’s recommended anyway
lines with skill are totally optional, program doesn’t read them
in Grim Dawn 1 and 2 should be occupied by Pneumatic Burst

2 Likes

Update 3

• [camera] [Tool] Faster camera rotation using keyboard or scroll wheel merged into the program

• [hiding items] on the ground while you’re holding some button

• gd_toggle_hide_key is the key from GD Keybinding called Toggle Hide All Items
    • hold_to_hide_key is the key you need to hold
  • new suspend_hotkeys key

• turns on/off all the hotkeys except itself, in current version these are (all [optional])
      • master_toggle
      • master_hold
      • all toggle_key keys
      • counter_clockwise
      • clockwise
      • hold_to_hide_key
      • capslock_remap
  • tray icon now always presents Wind Devil just like the .exe not the standard, ugly AHK icon

• capslock_remap

• changes capslock to some other key and keeps the light off
  • you can rename the .exe however you like, then config .ini has to be renamed in the same way

• suspend_hotkeys, master_toggle and master_hold shouldn’t trigger if set to Tab and you press Alt + Tab

• default delay changed from 1000 to 100 ms

• game parameter is now [optional]

• master_hold and master_toggle moved to new section [autocasting]

• more extensive and readable config explanation

4 Likes

Is it possible to incorporate the camera following your char into this program as well? Or is there some separate mod that does that? Don’t want to install autohotkey just for that

1 Like

Sure, I could do that in Update 4 (I also need to make master_toggle, master_hold and suspend_hotkeys be able to be the same button because I just needed it today when I was shopping)

I’ve incorporated manual camera rotation because I’m using it myself but I was thinking about automatic as well because, although not as optimal as manual camera rotation for crucible for example, it’s very fun to play with and pleasant to look at everything slowly rotating according to where you’re going. It’s super chilling.

I need to rewrite it though from the ground up to use Timers (because now it works when you’re holding Left Click in a While Loop and I don’t write like that anymore) and think how to incorporate it nicely into the program. Also it’s needs to have a lot of configuration options like

• the angle of the segment around 12 o’clock where there’s no camera rotation
  • inner region size where there’s no rotation
  • the shape of the inner region (circular, rectangle, maybe even eliptic)
  • also I need to implement reading the user’s resolution and expressing all those sizes in % instead of pixel so that it’s invariant to changing the resolution

@klasperstanze for example likes only to have automatic rotation at the edges of the screen, I prefer it more aggressive, present almost everywhere except small inner circle around the character and small segment near 12 o’clock

Also before all this I think I need to figure out and implement a scalable mechanism that would enable all hotkeys be the same key because I think it’s limiting me a bit right now.

For example something like hotkeys having a list of functions that they trigger instead of being bound to one function. I’ve already got anxiety thinking of all this :wink:

2 Likes

mate, thank you very much for putting so much time and effort into this!

I like it very much. I can play my build a lot easier thanks to your program!

The camera thing annoys me very much in this game. I hate using the scroll button and using any keys for that is also very annoying. It would be really neat if you’d manage to do it! If it’s not very difficult, having the camera point not exactly the way your character is looking, but at an angle would be really useful, to be able to set the best snipe angle :slight_smile:.

As far as automatic camera is concerned, I can only do it like this

(at this exact speed, changing it is impossible, rotation based on where you’re cursor is at)

And here’s super fast manual camera rotation I use

Check out how I’m snipping those mobs

I cannot really know where’s your character’s is looking, I only detect the cursor position
(when you’re holding Left Click in the base version but that’ll be configurable)

3 Likes

And I like it sooo much! I don´t play any script without this feature anymore.
By putting the rotation area to the edges of the screen, it´s not really an automated camera rotation anymore. The view remains constant (perfect for people who´ll get sea sick otherwise) and will only rotate once you reach the edges of the screen. It´s a feeling like the automatic-scrolling in a pdf viewer for example. Very convenient.

2 Likes

where can i get this to try it?

I made .exe for you to try out since you’re so impatient :wink:
You need to set the following in GD Keybinding
b - rotate left
n - rotate right
This is version that works near the character as well
camera rotates when you’re holding Left Click.

Here’s the original post with if you’d like to change something (you would need to install AutoHotkey for that so that the scripts would work after you clicked them)

4 Likes

If the edge-version is of interest: I got an exe here with values for 1900 x … (16:9) resolution.

1 Like

thanks, but my PC can’t handle such resolutions :frowning:

Had some issue with manual camera rotation for the 1st time. The cursor moved so slowly that it could be visible on the screen. Normally it moves so fast people don’t even know the rotation is done by just by dragging the cursor and rotating the screen. Restarting the program fixed the issue.

I’m planning to include the “casting skill on the character/in the center of the screen” since we already have that in the case of Inquisitor Skill and it more or less suits the program (every [k] section could have the option cast_on_character=true ore something like that)

maybe with enough development klasperstanze could use the program so that I have more testers :grava_yes:

2 Likes

I don’t know why, but your tool isn’t working for me. When i run it, it shows on my tray bar with “Suspend Hotkeys” turned on. I cannot switch it off.

You cannot make the keys not be suspended outside of the game. That’s intended.
Cannot you turn it on in-game as well?
Please share the config file you’re using

1 Like

@tqFan here it is. :slight_smile:
[general]
game=Grim Dawn
capslock_remap=m

[autocasting]
master_toggle=`
master_hold=`

[hiding items]
hold_to_hide_key=Shift
gd_toggle_hide_key=x

[camera]
angle=60
counter_clockwise=a
clockwise=d
rotation_key=k
delay=40

[9]
skill=Blood of Dreeg
toggle_key=9
delay=15000

So you cannot turn it on in-game as well?
Do you play Full Screen, Windowed, Borderless Windowed? (maybe it has something to do with it)

1 Like