[Tool] GDAutocaster - play šŸŽ¹ builds with ease, autocasting of skills, combos, faster / automatic camera, autohiding of items, centered Inquisitor Seal and more for all games!

Very true. I use the GI pickup settings atm. Only problem there is that is picks up all the greens, most of which I donā€™t want. A better filter in GrimDawn like Filterblade or StupidFatHobbit for POE would be nice

Also other possibility comes to mind

• Savagery on double left click

• you double left click + hold on a boss, get stacks of Savagery, then release + single left click + hold for Primal Strike

For

• a change of gameplay/fun minigame

• if you donā€™t like a small chance of having accidental Savagery attack while just moving

• 0% chance of Savagery while fighting weak, one-shootable monsters

that sounds cool, altho what I have now works fine. if you donā€™t mind typing it up so that I can save it somewhere that would be sweet. also might be a good idea to have this part and your first reply to my post in the OP so noobs like me can see it and try to do it themselves.

Even though i have used autohotkey several times in everything from wow classic to torchlight and diablo. I canā€™t for the life of me figure out how to just refresh my Phantom Falcon pet in Dawn of Masteries. it has a living time of 64 seconds BUT i play with grim internals at 2.3x speed.

https://github.com/kowariantny/GDAutocaster/raw/master/GDAutocaster.exe

GDAutocaster.ini

[general]
suspend_key=Tab

[2]
toggle_key=2
delay=25000
  • make a config file GDAutocaster.ini in the same folder as GDAutocaster.exe with the content above

• start the .exe it should be seen in the task bar or the task manager

• make sure no other AHK programs are running at the same time

• get in-game and press 2 (assuming the skill is on 2 on the hotbar)

• wait and see if the skill is autocast every 25 seconds

• when you turn in on with 2 it may start autocasting in a random moment, for example it will start in 8 seconds, but after that it will be cast every 25 seconds

• suspend key is to turn on/off the ability to turn on/off autocasting by pressing 2
    or sometimes turning on/off autocasting by pressing 2 may not work after starting the .exe and you may need to press Suspend Key two times

• the program should remeber that you have the skill autocast which means that

• if you turn off the game/minimize it, the autocasting should resume by itself
  • press 2 again to disable the autucasting of the skill

• you donā€™t need to turn autocasting with the same buttons as the skill, you can have it on seperate button, for example

[general]
suspend_key=`

[2]
toggle_key=Tab
delay=25000

There was a bug in Periodic Cast with initial_delay set. Itā€™s now fixed.

1 button 7 spells config: - hereā€™s sample configuration for a character with many spells to cast

Of course this is sample configuration. You can change timings (if you find they need adjustment), stuff around if youā€™d like. For example you can try lowering the delay and check if it still works between Plague of Corruption, Bloody Pox, Curse of Frailty from 200 ms to 150 if youā€™d like more optimization. Or lowering the initial delay before Sigil/Totems spam casting.

Weā€™re using 3 buttons

• one for casting spells
  • one for Rune of Displacement (i.e. Space)
  • one for moving (Left Mouse Button)

You can make additional separate button for long duration spells if you want (Curse of Frailty, Plague of Curruption) instead of having all spells on one button.

[general]
suspend_key=Tab

[autocasting]
master_hold=`
master_toggle=`

[combo presses]
This is combo for your buffs from the second hotbar (y is for switching hotbars)
combo1=k:y,1,2,3,4,y
delay1=400

This is combo for initial cast of long duration spells while clicking RButton
I put Bloody Pox and Plague of Corruption before Curse because they need precise cast on target
Also added first Devouring Swarm cast Here 
combo2=RButton:6,9,8,5
delay2=200

[periodic casts]
Wendigo Totem / Storm Totem / Sigil spamming; Initial delay is not to interrupt Bloody Pox/Curse etc
cast1=RButton:1,2,3
initial_delay1=800
delay1=50

Devouring Swarm - it's has very small range and pretty small duration
so I propose we cast it more often that once per click and hold of RButton
for example every 2 seconds
cast2=RButton:8
initial_delay2=800
delay2=2000

[7]
Rune of Displacement spam while holding Space
hold_keys=Space
delay=100

[4]
Blood of Dreeg, can be turned on with ` or 4, change delay to whatever you like
toggle_key=4
delay=5000

Hi tqFan - if I wanted to use this feature would the script look like this or do I remove the second [autocasting] and just have it under the one [autocasting] one heading ?

[autocasting]
master_hold=+
master_toggle=+

[autocasting]
pressed_buttons=s

[s]
hold_keys=s
delay=100

one heading

Albrecht's Aether Ray on Double Left Click + Hold

GDAutocaster.ini

[general]
suspend_key=Tab

[combo holds]
combo1=LButton:7
delay1=150
double_press1=true
double_press1_time_gap=300
  • Tab - turn the feature on/off

• 7 - key set in-game to cast AAR (where you have in on hotbar)
    can be changed obviously

• delay1 - time between the moment of second click and the moment AAR is cast
    lower it as much as possible as long as it still working every time

• double_press1_time_gap - depending on the user preference and how fast he clicks
    time window starting at the moment of the first click you need to click for the second time in order for AAR to start channeling

Does this only support the default action keys (ie 1-0)? I have mine bound to other keys, and noticed that it doesnā€™t work on something like Q or Z. The program fails to even load.

Yes, all types of autocasting support all keys, I would tell you how to do it but itā€™s not needed because in Grim Dawn all skills can have 2 keys bound to it so you can have both Q, Z and 1, 2 bound to your skills.

How do you know that? Is there some error? Do you have 32-bit processor? You donā€™t see the process working in Task Manager / Task bar? Thereā€™s no confirmation when the program is working.

Periodic Casts support all keys right out of the gate. Something like this (but I still recommend 1, 2, 3, 4 because why not and they are easily recognizable by anyone and can be Secondary bindings

[periodic casts]
cast1=RButton:Q,W
delay1=50
initial_delay1=0

For the basic hold / toggle autocasting:

[9]
skill=Wind Devil
hold_keys=Space

[2]
skill=Aura
toggle_key=2

one needs to change the appropriate option in autocasting section (I always recommend newest version from GitHub)

From

[autocasting]
pressed_buttons=0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

to for example

[autocasting]
pressed_buttons=Q,W

and then you can write something like this (Q, W buttons are automatically presses instead of 9 and 2)

[Q]
skill=Wind Devil
hold_keys=Space

[W]
skill=Aura
toggle_key=2

but I donā€™t recommend it because itā€™s simply not needed as Iā€™ve already explained

I recommend you telling me what functionality youā€™d like and Iā€™ll write you the best config for it.

No tasktray icon. No process running. No error message. It just doesnā€™t load.

Hereā€™s the config that causes the issue:

[general]
game=Grim Dawn
suspend_hotkeys=`

[Z]
skill=Pneumatic Burst
toggle_key=Z
delay=12000

My keybinds for the action bar are as follows (from left to right):
1 2 3 4 Q W E R Z Middle-Mouse

I simply wish to have Pneumatic Burst cast every 12 seconds. If I move the skill to 1-4 and use that number in the config, it works fine.

It looks like the [autocasting] ā€˜pressed_buttonsā€™ options is the key. This is the working config:

[general]
game=Grim Dawn
suspend_hotkeys=`

[autocasting]
pressed_buttons=Z

[Z]
skill=Pneumatic Burst
toggle_key=Z
delay=12000

Thanks for the help.

EDIT
I spoke too soon. The config works, but after the first auto cast I lose control of my mouse and some key functions. It looks like the SHIFT key gets stuck in a pressed state (so when I try to move, I just end up autoattacking). Iā€™m using version 1.1.32 from GitHub.

I noticed the sample ini from GitHub had a few other options in it so I tried some of the [autocasting] ones. So far this is the config that seems to work:

[general]
game=Grim Dawn
suspend_hotkeys=`

[autocasting]
pressed_buttons=Z
temp_block_keys=LButton
temp_block_duration=

[Z]
skill=Pneumatic Burst
toggle_key=Z
delay=12000

Please use this config. Test the program with 2000 instead of 12000. Such a long period will only lead to confusion during testing. Later when you undestand the program better and everythingā€™s working fine, change it to 12000 ms.

If the autocasting does not work, you may need to press ` two times {key over Tab} (or maybe change it to Tab) [suspend_hotkeys=Tab]. Sometimes one time.

[general]
suspend_hotkeys=`

[autocasting]
pressed_buttons=z

[z]
toggle_key=z
delay=2000

Most of the time when a config doesnā€™t work itā€™s because Iā€™ve pressed the toggle on/off key by mistake. Test on the dummies in the fort, coven area or other places where nothing is going to attack you.

1 Like
  • when you start .exe for the first time it sometimes does not work until 2 x Suspend
    (I tried million ways, even the simplest method from short scripts - none has 100% reliability (working right out of the gate) however in the current form you can at least press Suspend 2 times and it will work in those cases, you donā€™t need to i.e. restart the .exe as it is sometimes the case with simple basic code)

• also I wrote the program so that it remembers if you have it toggled off but I think I may have later broken because I think it sometimes works after reactivating the window despite toggling it off earlier

I added a new feature - spam various skills after double press and hold
(donā€™t mistake it with an existing feature that holds one button when you hold another - used to have i.e. Aether Ray on LMB)

Itā€™s an extension of Periodic Cast spam. Let me give you an example how I use it with my current character.
[Periodic Cast is about turbocasting multiple spells when you hold a button - itā€™s the most important feature of GDAutocaster]

When I press and hold RMB skills 6, 3, 2 are spammed every 100 ms (standard Periodic Casts spam)
but when I double press and hold RMB, then 6, 3, 2, 4 because cast2 activates as well then.

[periodic casts]
delay=100

cast1=RButton:6,3,2

cast2=RButton:4
double_press2=true

In-game 4 is Mark of Torment:

• when I fight trash monsters I just single press and hold RMB - 6, 3, 2 are spammed

• when I fight herois monsters / bosses I double press and hold RMB - 4 (MoT) is spammed in addition to skills above

Of course this new feature can be used to spam multiple skills on double Left Click + Hold
while still having Movement on Left Click and no skill bound to it in-game.

It seriously opens a way for many 1-button builds :wink:
as you can have movement on Left Click and as many skills as you want on it .

Added Clicker for clicking something on the screen by pressing a button.
I use it not to have to drag the cursor to the quest lists and be able to just press a button to show/hide it.

One thing about Shift
Iā€™ve read before someone had problem with it (blocking).

Iā€™ve always had problems with Shift stucking or stopped being held even if you never released it.
I think itā€™s just a thing with this particular button, maybe not even AutoHotkey related.

Added double press option to Combos

[combo presses]
combo3=RButton:4
double_press3=true
double_press3_time_gap=500

Potential usage:

1. You have your normal spam attack on RMB - you press it double time and then one-time combo of debuffs is activated

2. I have some spam spells while I hold RMB (periodic cast feature)
    Now I added Pet Attack for Guardians when I double press RMB
    (periodic cast would work well for it because it would spam Pet Attack on double press
    whereas youā€™d rather to steer your pets just one-time I think)

3. Just as with double press option for Periodic Cast
    you can bind Movement sklil to Double Left Click

Hereā€™s an example I use in my character Flame Keeper of the Blaze - my results | 7-8s MQ | Crucible ready

of combining 4 features in just a Space button (5 skills)

1. Periodic Cast (Autocast while holding a button) of Blazing Corruption with 3s recharge from Relic
    spammed all the time (0) while holding Space, animation is so fast with max AS it doesnā€™t interrupt anything

2. first is Centered Cast Inquisitor Seal (5)

3. after that Combo Press FlashBang (8) + Thermite Mine (9)
    200 ms delay needed so that it doesnā€™t interrupt Inquisitor Seal semi-centered cast

4. after all of that a button for Fire Strike (1) is pressed down and hold
    500 ms delay needed so that it doesnā€™t interrupt stuff above, Periodic Cast Fire Strike spam can be used with the same effect

[periodic casts]
delay=200
cast1=Space:0

[combo holds]
combo1=Space:1
delay1=500

[combo presses]
combo1=Space:8,9
initial_delay1=200
delay1=200

[center casts]
cast1=Space:5
initial_delay=0
delay_after_cursor=20
closer_not_center=true

This is an example of the most advanced and powerful usage of the program.
Combining multiple behaviors and buttons into one buttons with different timing and chosen order.