[Tool] GDAutocaster - play šŸŽ¹ builds with ease, autocasting of skills, combos, faster / automatic camera, autohiding of items, centered Inquisitor Seal and more for all games!

Iā€™m confused. Your examples in the first post clearly show ā€œinitial_delayā€ and ā€œinner_delayā€ in the [autocast by hold] section and here you say it isnā€™t supported.

Hmmmā€¦ Iā€™ve never thought of that, thatā€™s a great idea!
That would be sweet if it works - I actually didnā€™t think about it
just made it for Capslock to not toggle its light.

Let me make the following test with in-game bindings
and holding these buttons
a - 1
s - 2
d - 3
(best if they are some cooldown skills because otherwise
one may dominate with just its animation yet buttons are pressed)

[autocast by hold]
cast1=a:1
cast2=s:2
cast3=d:3

@GaeanC
TEST RESULTS of the above simple spam of 3 cooldown skills

[autocast by hold]
  1. NOTHING IS BOUND IN-GAME TO A, S, D

• WORKS
  2. SKILLS 1, 2, 3 BOUND TO A, S, D IN-GAME

• DOESNā€™T WORK - ONLY LAST PRESSED SKILL SPAMS
  3. NOW LETā€™S MAKE YOUR MODIFICATION
    WITH 1, 2, 3 BOUND TO A, S, D IN-GAME

[autocast by hold]
key_native_function1=false

key_native_function2=false

key_native_function3=false
  • IT WORKS! THANKS, IT WILL HELP ME WITH MY CONFIG TO!

Beware I may donā€™t have key_native_function in some of my features / sections
so you have to tell me if youā€™d like it somewhere added when itā€™s not there

I have so very many scripts to fix because of my addiction to making new characters with new builds!!!

1 Like

Yeah, and try making Primal Strike with Savagery with PS on Combo Holds :slight_smile:
(assuming you cast some debuff beforehands and use initial_delay because otherwise it can be on RMB natively I guess)

HEREā€™S LOGGING VERSION OF GDAUTOCASTER FOR CENTER CASTS FEATURE
https://mega.nz/file/EJtSgJbL#cpZhBTNHwf6cW9u47R0cx_85t8fghDxDI49NTcb7KMA

Please make such test

1. Run GDAutocater.exe

2. Load the config thatā€™s provided there

• use your dual-monitor setup where it doesnā€™t work properly
  3. Get into GDā€™s Main Menu

• you donā€™t have to get in-game
  4. Make a Screenshot where the cursor is before pressing Q

5. Not Cursor moves somewhere - you got 5 seconds toā€¦

6. Make another screenshot so that I can see where the cursor is landed

7. Send me

• GDAutocaster.log

• Screenshots

• Description of your monitors resolution, i.eā€¦

• 2nd with Grim Dawn has AxB resolutioon
      • 1st without Grim Dawn has CxD resolution

If youā€™re configs get ugly because you have million key_native_function entries there
you can always ask me to ask for default global key_native_function options somewhere

Then attach your ugly config and I can see where it add is most appropriately

Something isnā€™t working right with the special version you wanted me to use.

• When I press q, I get a notification sound from windows as if the key was not allowed. I tried it in the GD main menu and in game.
  • I canā€™t find any log file.

Also, Iā€™m guessing that in step 5, you want me to press ā€œqā€ without moving the cursor.

I tried using ā€œkey_native_function=falseā€ at the top of [autocast by hold] and things seemed to be working, but maybe it isnā€™t and Iā€™m just still confused about how it should be working. This is in a different script than the example above. Now Iā€™ll have to try coding it on each entry and see what changes.

Something is wrong indeed, it even makes that sound outside of the game, lol. Iā€™ll fix it.

Iā€™ll add some default option for that w8

Upon more careful testing, it is clear the using it as a default wasnā€™t working, so yes, it would definitely be nice to be able to specify it that way.

Also, changing the script Iā€™m currently working upon per this discussion (and some things you pointed out in your major critique of my script) makes it work much better. What is amazing is that my previous way of doing things worked at all.

1 Like

Updated. Now "ā€œkey_native_function=falseā€ at the top of [autocast by hold] " should work (not tested)
https://github.com/kowariantny/GDAutocaster/raw/master/GDAutocaster.exe

New version, donā€™t know what went wrong with the previous one
https://mega.nz/file/dNlVhA4Z#1OpmxPivnOa6yweCxy6PpE-kcNWB-3D64ewZV5tvypg

Iā€™ve made some changes to the OP / Documentation so that itā€™s more readable / easy to use.

Might it be worth documenting which keywords (xxx=) are valid in each section ([xx yy])? I know that Iā€™ve caused myself lots of trouble trying to use keywords in sections that didnā€™t support them.

All keywords that are available have some sample cast / combo in section documentations.
All globals for sections are listed.

Looking through your critique of the long script I posted above, the things that seem most major are:

1. My double mapping of keys and failure to fully understand the implications of GD only allowing 1 key to be held down at a time. We discussed this at length already.

2. I was defining a lot of keys then needed, because Iā€™d often have a key defined in [combo presses] for itā€™s press and in [autocast by hold] when all I had to do was define it in the latter with zero or a small delay.

Just based on those two items, Iā€™d change a lot of things, probably mostly similarly to how you suggest. Some other things:

I was trying to make sure Bloodthirster goes off as when I want it, I really want it.

I definitely need to revisit this with my newfound knowledge. To clarify, what I was trying to do was to be able to have Savagery interspersed with many Primal Strikes on just RButton. It wasnā€™t working for me using [combo hold], but that may have been because of my double mapping of the keys. It does point out the need for key_native_function=false support on [combo hold].

That formula makes so much sense. It should probably be documented in the documentation included in the OP. :smiley: I like documentation as youā€™ve probably guessed by now.

Your guess as to why I have it that way is exactly correct. A lot of builds are starved for energy when attacking small groups as they kill fast and donā€™t get to use energy absorption to refill. This script is for one of those builds, so I sort of micro-manage skills. You are right that I probably could incorporate it into Rbutton holds.

The skill on 8 is a ā€œmove fastā€, a skill that jumps, teleports, or rushes forward. This plus my ā€œZā€ key being defined as ā€œmoveā€ with a combo hold. makes me constantly move toward the cursor, using the ā€œmove fastā€ whenever it is ready.

[combo holds]
CMT= ā€œUpā€ keeps me moving toward my cursor (Up)
combo1=z:Up
initial_delay1=150

Please answer my short questions from my last PM!

But when its in autocast by hold like that

cast3=w:6,6,6,6

all those four 6 button presses are made in almost the same exact moment I feel like
(right next to each other in the code, without any time delay, not like in Combo Presses)

To ensure its cast I would put it into Combo Press with 100 or maybe 200 ms delay,
something like this:

[combo presses]
combo1=w:6,6,6,6,6
delay1=200

I think it might a better insurance.

Combo Holds does currently have local key_native_functionX

Thatā€™s kinda lazy - not wanting to hold LMB while holding Z with Movement Skill :slight_smile:
You could also have it in autocast by hold with movement skill spam activated on double LMB Press + Hold
This way after this double click + hold youā€™re both moving and spamming movement skill
and itā€™s more natural than having special z button.

[edit] But Your Move doesnā€™t target Monster or anything so I think itā€™s different than LMB movement if I remember Move correctly.

It is and it isnā€™t ā€œlazyā€. Iā€™ve had repetitive strain issues in the past and my mousing hand/wrist is the one that tends to get tired and achy. Less button pressing/holding is good for me and might extend the life of my mouse too.

1 Like

Ok, if you want I can implement
HOLD ON TOGGLE
so that you can combine it with
AUTOCAST ON TOGGLE
and have all these
ON TOGGLE
so that you donā€™t have to hold Z

Btw Iā€™ve sent you another test on PM.
If it doesnā€™t work (or rather improve / is the same as 1st test)
then Iā€™m taking a break from it
and come back some other time with fresh mind / different approach.

[hold on toggle] seems great. It would probably even solve the one thing for which Iā€™m still using native AutoHotKey - implementing a toggle hold for sprinting in Conan Exiles.

@GaeanC
https://github.com/kowariantny/GDAutocaster/raw/master/GDAutocaster.exe

Programmed to work with such configs

[toggle holds]
key_native_function=true
initial_delay=0

toggle1=Q:1
toggle2=Q:2

toggle3=A:1,2
key_native_function3=false

toggle4=LButton:7
initial_delay4=150