[Tool] GDAutocaster - play šŸŽ¹ builds with ease, autocasting of skills, combos, faster / automatic camera, autohiding of items, centered Inquisitor Seal and more for all games!

test2 and test3 both fail to return the the proper location.

1 Like

>> Download GDAutocaster! <<

Ok, you can try new version. Sample config

[center casts]
cast1=a:1

The skill is cast where my cursor is when I press it (or at itā€™s range) and I donā€™t see the cursor moving at all with that version.

Hmmm, I just downloaded it and tested with this config and it worked in-game for me.
Does it work in Windows with the following config for you?

With title_match_mode=2 you need to put any string that is contained in the name of the window.
Even single letter should work if itā€™s contained in the window name. (not sure if you can make it work on Desktop this way)

[general]
game_window_id=Notepad
title_match_mode=2

[center casts]

another idea, maybe itā€™s so fast you donā€™t see it? And the skill is from native A press?
Then test this in Grim Dawn in game:

[center casts]
cast1=a:1,1,1,1
delay1=1000

I thought it was a normal GDAutoCaster program, so I was just testing it by adding that bit of config (as c:2) to my regular config. I see now that it is actually another test program, sorry.

Okay, with just your simple 2 line config, in game, I can see my cursor jump to my other monitor, jump back to where it was (not centered) and cast. With the longer script in Notepad The cursor jumps to the other monitor, then jumps back, but is invisible (Iā€™m guessing that is an oddity due to Notepad) and reappears when I move it. It is back in the original location.

Okay, I used the 2nd config in while in Notepad. It makes my cursor disappear, but when I then move it slightly, it reappears.

edit- Just to clarify, GD and Notepad were both on my secondary (not main) monitor when I was testing.

no, no, itā€™s GDAutocaster. When itā€™s called GDAutocaster it GDAutocaster :slight_smile:
I just wondered if it works in Windows when itā€™s doesnā€™t seem to work in Grim Dawn.

Iā€™ll prepare some special version of GDAutocaster for you that will log something again

It was working very oddly when in GDAutocaster, sort of like the cursor was bouncing back and forth between the monitors even when not pressing the ā€œcenter castsā€ key, but I didnā€™t investigate it further, just restored my previous version.

Can you test the following version of GDAutocaster?:https://mega.nz/file/xNlCFIbR#Acbt1SjiMx77wIW7Y4AyEIlJopmBmazEDv1UeLdNRQE

• turn off current GDAutocaster.exe just to be sure (although newer instance should replace older?)

• in Main Menu of the game (of course needs 3s to load up)

• but press A only when cursor is in about the centre of the screen because Iā€™d like to log coordinates to the file

• at least at the beginning so that I know what are the center coordinates on your monitor
  • and later tell me coordinates from the GDAutocaster.log

• with this super simple config

[center casts]

I got 1-2 things to try still :slight_smile:

- Btw Iā€™d like you to test in Main Menu for know because weā€™re only interested in cursor movement and position now, not whether the skills are cast or not

I think this was pretty close to the center, on my charā€™s forehead on the loading screen : xpos=-1172 ypos=626

edit- I wasnā€™t sure that one was right, retrying with a new invocation of the program gave: xpos=-1172 ypos=626xpos=-1182 ypos=621

I think it just appended the 2nd set of coordinates to the 1st set. :slight_smile:

Negative coordinates :laughing: thatā€™s new, didnā€™t think itā€™s possible.
Anyway, Iā€™ll prepare the last version to test with 2 configs
Either it will work with on of them (or some improvement) or Iā€™m dropping this (or at least long break :slight_smile: )

Actually just one config.
Please redownload and try this config:

[center casts]
center=-1172,626

That almost worked right, it was a little high and a little to the right. I played a bit with the coordinates and the following seemed to be centered (or at least close enough that to my eyes it was centered):

[center casts]
center=-1200,775
cast1=c:2

edit - I suspect my ā€œcenterā€ in the tests was off. Inside the game center is right on my charā€™s feet and so it is easy to see.

Ok. If you later want, I can add off_center to this
Because Normaly I donā€™t cast in the center but just a little bit off
and the direction of this off is relative to your initial cursor position.
This is so that you donā€™t changee orientation.

Because if your character if facing upward
and you cast something in the middle then it will usually change the direction your character is facing.
Or mayble Iā€™ll do it right now (make off_center work with center override), change the documentatioon etc.

Sounds awesome. I know youā€™ve been working on this problem for a very long time and I appreciate it.

-edit- Here I am editing again. lol.
Testing in game, My character isnā€™t turning when Iā€™m pressing ā€œcā€ no matter which direction Iā€™m facing.
The power Iā€™m using is Inquisitor Seal.

edit 2 - Iā€™m not using the moving camera stuff.

Ok. Added .With off_center1 option if you circle with coursor aroudn middle of the screen
the cursor will be clicking in a small circle around the true middle of the screen.

I recommend you to use it (no global off_center as of now):

[center casts]
center=-1172,626

off_center1=true

Now Iā€™ll read your post.

[edit] Ah, so itā€™s not an error. You actually saying it works.
I added global off_center

This should work now

[center casts]
center=-1172,626
off_center=true

Btw betterr way

Just saying that I didnā€™t seem to need Off_center, since the center cast wasnā€™t making my character turn. It does still seem like a good thing to have. Iā€™ll test the new version and function shortly. Non-gaming stuff is keeping me somewhat busy right now.

1 Like

Sure. I also use it to have Inquisitor Seal a bit further so that it works on enemies more not only me.
Although as of know the distance is not configurable.

This should work now

[center casts]
center=-1172,626
off_center=true

1 Like

Aye tqFan!

Kindly refresh my memory. :sweat_smile:
I want to configure something that hides the loot when Iā€™m attacking then shows it when I move. Looks like it should be configured on mouse buttons. :thinking:

Thank you as always :pray:t4:

Hereā€™s a general config. It works well imo and I use it personally while playing.

[hide items]
hiding_buttons=RButton
ingame_hide_button=RAlt
hide_duration=2000

Algorithm is as follows

• when you press one of hiding buttons the state of loot being shown is changed to hidden
  • after hide_duration thereā€™s a check if youā€™re still holding a button
    • if so the state is prolonged
    • if not, the state is changed back to the starting one (shown)

hiding_buttons can be more buttons, i.e.

hiding_buttons=RButton,A,Space

ingame hide button is from Grim Dawn keybinding
be prepared to use it manually occasionally to fix initial state of items being hidden, I have in on Alt / LAlt too (secondary keybinding)
because it rarely happen, i.e. to to changing locations, that the beginning state might be hidden incorrectly instead of shown

experiment with hide_duration=2000
2 or 3 seconds should be good
unless you hold button continously while fighting than maybe 1 second?

longer means more waiting time after releasing buttons till loots comes up but fewer switched depending on your button press frequency

shorter means possibly more messages about loot shown / which can crate a very long message queue Grim Dawn can show long after battle is finished (thatā€™s why 1s is too short)

Of course I always recommend redownloading the program.

1 Like