[Tool] GDAutocaster - play šŸŽ¹ builds with ease, autocasting of skills, combos, faster / automatic camera, autohiding of items, centered Inquisitor Seal and more for all games!

Okay, just downloaded and installed. Iā€™m getting some seriously mixed behavior now.

I have skill B set to cast whenever I click my right mouse with skill A. This works.
I have skill C set to autocast every 13 seconds. This does not work. Every time I activate the skill it does it manually and then doesnā€™t autocast as scripted.

Hereā€™s what my very simple config file looks like:

[general]
game=Grim Dawn
suspend_hotkeys=`

[8]
skill=C
toggle_key=8
delay=13000

[9]
skill=D
toggle_key=9
delay=13000

[0]
skill=B
hold_keys=RButton

1 Like

What you wrote for that is perfectly fine but use PeriodicCasts for that (itā€™s a newer, better, more configurable form of autocasting for the cases when youā€™re holding a button(s)).

So instead of

[0]
skill=B
hold_keys=RButton

use

[periodic casts]
cast1=RButton:b

(Iā€™ll post full not fragmented config in the next post)
[there should be only 1 section called [periodic casts] in the config]

Ā 
Ā 
Ā 

This line is not necessary. Iā€™ll skip it

Ā 
Ā 
Ā 

You have 2 skills with same delay. Better choose different so that theyā€™re not cast in the same time and interrupt each other. Skills / presses interrupting each other is a thing in Grim Dawn which can be prevented by attempting to cast temporary skills more frequently.

Ā 
Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™ve just tested it and it works for me. Please try the config in my next post that Iā€™ll post in a minute.

Ā 
Ā 
Ā 

Just to be sure you donā€™t have to install anything (AHK for example) to run the .exe. Just downloading .exe is enough.

1 Like

Interesting. My Core Switcher supports TQ:AE and I also immediately noticed that hotkeys dont work when the game is active. Except for CTRL+ALT+DEL. I have to tab out first and then do the hotkey to activate the core switching.

Instructions:

• it seems to be [8] and [9] can be running simultaneously so letā€™s use 1 button MASTER_TOGGLE to turn autocasting of 8 & 9 on

• (not necessary and can be done by pressing 9 and 8 separately)

• [Iā€™ve chosen Tab but you can of course change it]

• {put smaller delays there that might be better for testing and figuring out whether the program works}

[general]
suspend_hotkeys=`

[autocasting]
master_toggle=Tab

[periodic casts]
cast1=RButton:0

[8]
toggle_key=8
delay=5000

[9]
toggle_key=9
delay=6000

For me not hooked hotkeys donā€™t work in Titan Quest altogether. Hooked hotkeys are preceded by $:

$a::

Also you can force hooks everywhere by commands like #InstallKeybdHook if I understand it correctly.

Anyway even if all hotkeys are hooked itā€™s still not enough sometimes (well it was sometimes when I had Suspend_Key not hooked in Grim Dawn and it is always when having hooked Suspend Key and executing TQ and GDautocaster in particular order) thatā€™s why I do this weird delayed restart.

1 Like

Cool. Good to know and Iā€™ll take a look at that asap.

Yeah, it should work with hooks. The other problems I have and described donā€™t concern you I think because you donā€™t suspend the program while outside of the game (or make it work only in-game in other words). This is the problematic part I never could get 100% right (until this ultimate reset I hope).

1 Like

Negative. Skill 8 and 9 still arenā€™t activating.

Itā€™s entirely possible Iā€™m doing something wrong, so Iā€™m going to try and provide as much detail as possible.

I start GD.
Once I am in the game I activate GDAutocaster and load in the config file at the prompt.
I click the right mouse button, my skill on 10 goes off as planned.
I activate 8 or 9. Nothing happens now.

Note: Iā€™m activating them individually. I have TAB set to toggle between my two skill bars and after doing that for so long Iā€™ll never retrain myself for that. Yes, I know I can change it but anytime I seem to mess with one of these configs unless itā€™s at a very basic level I screw it up (coding is hard :D) Thatā€™s why I tend to go with only this very, very, very simple get up for all my characters.

1. You donā€™t have multiple versions/exeā€™s running? (visible in the taskbar and task manager)

2. We are still working with your initial config right? It should work so Iā€™ve got no problem with that.

3. Have you tested the program with smaller delays than 13000? Example 2000?

4. Are buttons 8 and 9 bound to skills 8 and 9 in Grim Dawn Keybindings?

The order shouldnā€™t matter (I mean thatā€™s my goal). So you can just load the config and run the game after that. At least in the case of the version I posted today in my earlier post with the huge tornado picture (the link in the OP still points to the most up-to-date exe so it doesnā€™t matter what linked you clicked only the time where you downloaded it). After that GDAutocaster doesnā€™t need to be turned off, can be only restarted for reading modified configs or load new configs altogether.

1 - Just one copy. I delete other copies and start fresh whenever there is an update.
2 and 3. I was using the config file you sent me, with the shorter delays.
4. Yes.

Iā€™m off an on errand right now so I shut the computer down. When I get back Iā€™ll reboot up with everything running fresh and see if there was something Windows was doing and holding on to stuff. (<= grasping at straws because coding makes my head spin. :D)

Ok. No matter how proficient one is with coding, it always makes his/her head spin. Iā€™ll think what else still could be wrong

btw tested the config again and it worked perfectly for me.

• I first pressed 8 - skill 8 started autocating every 5 seconds

• then I pressed 9 - similar

• then I turned it all off with Tab

• I even made a test pressing 8, 9 together and it still worked

• also tested running the .exe first and running it after Grim Dawn

Could you please upload the config file here (not copy paste its content)
We will get to the bottom of this. Iā€™ll maybe prepare a version of .exe that will display some messages depending on whether autocasting on toggle part of the program is read / working correctly

Btw hereā€™s a substitute config for you until we figure it out.
I think itā€™s worth testing maybe it will move us closer to solving the problem.
(if for example it doesnā€™t work as well)

< it spams the skills when you hold LMB - move that is - so standing still doesnā€™t work>
Could you please tell me what skills 8, 9 are anyway? I.e. Blood of Dreed / Ascension

[general]
suspend_hotkeys=`

[periodic casts]
cast2=LButton:8,9
delay2=5000

spamming of 8,9 can be added to RMB as well like that

[periodic casts]
cast1=RButton:0,8,9
delay2=5000

or like that

[periodic casts]
delay2=5000
cast3=LButton:8,9
delay3=5000

but is probably not needed. Again - I donā€™t know what skills 8 and 9 are.

Not sure how to upload the file. The uploader only accepts image files. I could put it on a google drive and send a downloadable link but not sure if thatā€™s kosher here.

Also, got back, restarted computer. Same issues. Still not working.

Currently the character has Word of Renewal on 8. I do not currently have anything mapped to 9. Changing Word of Renewal to either 8 or 9 results in the same thing, it doesnā€™t automate.

BUT here is an interesting interaction:

I decided to throw a different skill on it so I put Inquisitorā€™s seal on 8. Immediately started recasting!!!

Switched back to Word of Renewal on 8 and it kicked into autocasting as well.

You can always change/add .txt extension to the .ini file to upload it
But I donā€™t know if it matters anymoore since this problem doesnā€™t seem to be from GDAutocaster
because it just presses the buttons so what skills on are hotbar doesnā€™t matter.

How did you switch? Only pressing mouse buttons? I donā€™t know what the hell is going on. How putting different skills could have make it start working

Oh, and please give me save file with your character, the whole _Character_name folder zipped

You can upload the whole zip package with GDAutocaster config and your character save folder and maybe even keybindings by rename extension from .zip to .txt!!!

Here ya go.

file.zip.txt.zip (351.7 KB)

It was a weird shift.

I simply changed the skill on the key bind. So word of renewal is on 8. It wasnā€™t working. I right clicked, changed it to Inquistorā€™s Seal (on a whim) and as soon as it was changed it immeidately started auto casting. I didnā€™t have to press any buttons at all.

However, keep in mind I had pressed the number 8 key several times trying to test to see if Word of Renewal would autocast.

I tested it, it worked and I got no clue whatā€™s going on so maybe try autocasting it like I mentioned above. On LMB hold, RMB hold or both. I.e. cast2 means 8,9 are pressed at the sime time when you press LButton and every 5000 ms after that (see delay2) provided you hold LMB. Without delay2 itā€™s the default 100 ms which may work fine as well.

[general]
suspend_hotkeys=`

[periodic casts]
delay2=5000

Oh and I think you should have mines in triple combo not in Periodic Cast, i.e.

[combo presses]
combo1=RButton:0,0,0
delay1=200

but I personally only cast mines once (3 in the same spot donā€™t make much difference imo) like that

[combo presses]
combo1=RButton:0

I also put multiple skills on RButton and execute them in chosen order and execute some spamming of skills with a delay after that so that it doesnā€™t interrupt aforementioned initial skills like mines and other debuffs.

1 Like

Okay this recent suggestion has fixed almost everything.

The only thing that no longer works is I canā€™t SHFT-RT Click to deposit items into my stash. Not a biggee but just wanted to let you know.

Thereā€™s a typo in the config - suspend_hotkeys instead of suspend_key. Hereā€™s a correct config:

[general]
suspend_key=`

[periodic casts]
delay2=5000

Ā 
Ā 

There are 2 possible solutions to this

• 1st one you can already do -> just press suspend_key before you want to Shift + LMB to Stash

• another one I can make you an option for this LMB hotkey to not work with Shift (modifier)
    by default hotkeys in GDAutocaster work with modififers such as Alt, Ctrl ans Shift

That fixed it right up. No need for the alternate script, the suspend button works perfectly now. Youā€™ve already done enough troubleshooting on this issue. :smiley: Thank you very much for your quick response and turn around!

1 Like

Actually Iā€™ve figured out 2 easy configs that allow you to not need to Suspend to Shift + LMB to stash

First one is just like the one you have but with initial delay for periodic cast so that it doesnā€™t interrupt Shift + LMB click

[general]
suspend_key=`

[periodic casts]
delay2=5000
initial_delay2=100

Second one presses 8, 9 with a 100 s delay every time you press LMB

[general]
suspend_key=`

[periodic casts]

[combo presses]
combo1=LButton:8,9
initial_delay1=100

Both have this delay to prevent Shift + LMB to Stash interruption.

1 Like