[Tool] GDAutocaster - play 🎹 builds with ease, autocasting of skills, combos, faster / automatic camera, autohiding of items, centered Inquisitor Seal and more for all games!

And I like it sooo much! I don´t play any script without this feature anymore.
By putting the rotation area to the edges of the screen, it´s not really an automated camera rotation anymore. The view remains constant (perfect for people who´ll get sea sick otherwise) and will only rotate once you reach the edges of the screen. It´s a feeling like the automatic-scrolling in a pdf viewer for example. Very convenient.

2 Likes

where can i get this to try it?

I made .exe for you to try out since you’re so impatient :wink:
You need to set the following in GD Keybinding
b - rotate left
n - rotate right
This is version that works near the character as well
camera rotates when you’re holding Left Click.

Here’s the original post with if you’d like to change something (you would need to install AutoHotkey for that so that the scripts would work after you clicked them)

4 Likes

If the edge-version is of interest: I got an exe here with values for 1900 x … (16:9) resolution.

1 Like

thanks, but my PC can’t handle such resolutions :frowning:

Had some issue with manual camera rotation for the 1st time. The cursor moved so slowly that it could be visible on the screen. Normally it moves so fast people don’t even know the rotation is done by just by dragging the cursor and rotating the screen. Restarting the program fixed the issue.

I’m planning to include the “casting skill on the character/in the center of the screen” since we already have that in the case of Inquisitor Skill and it more or less suits the program (every [k] section could have the option cast_on_character=true ore something like that)

maybe with enough development klasperstanze could use the program so that I have more testers :grava_yes:

2 Likes

I don’t know why, but your tool isn’t working for me. When i run it, it shows on my tray bar with “Suspend Hotkeys” turned on. I cannot switch it off.

You cannot make the keys not be suspended outside of the game. That’s intended.
Cannot you turn it on in-game as well?
Please share the config file you’re using

1 Like

@tqFan here it is. :slight_smile:
[general]
game=Grim Dawn
capslock_remap=m

[autocasting]
master_toggle=`
master_hold=`

[hiding items]
hold_to_hide_key=Shift
gd_toggle_hide_key=x

[camera]
angle=60
counter_clockwise=a
clockwise=d
rotation_key=k
delay=40

[9]
skill=Blood of Dreeg
toggle_key=9
delay=15000

So you cannot turn it on in-game as well?
Do you play Full Screen, Windowed, Borderless Windowed? (maybe it has something to do with it)

1 Like

I play only on full screen. But i play GD through GI.

Same as me. I’m testing the program with your config right now.

In the meantime try can pressing ` once to unlock it although if it’s needed at the start it’s not good.

And also best to test it with 2000 ms on Blood of Dreeg because 15 seconds can be hard to see whether the program’s working correctly or not.

1 Like

I’ve added this
suspend_hotkeys=`
to my config.
My GD is GoG version. And i have Windowns 8. :slight_smile:

Well the program worked for me. Please do the following

1. Change the Blood of Dreeg from 15000 to 1000 for now
[9]
skill=Blood of Dreeg
toggle_key=9
delay=1000

so that you can better see if everything’s working now.

1. Make sure to save the config file
  2. Turn of the program again
  3. Turn on the game or maximize it
  4. Wait a few seonds, press ‘9’ too see if Blood of Dreeg is cast when it’s not on cooldown (every 15 seconds or so)

Btw I think you should keep 1000 Blood of Dreeg delay not 15000

The reason is that for example after 15 seconds it can still be on cooldown and as a consequence you may need to wait like 30 seconds for it to be cast. If the delay is set to 1000 ms, the Blood of Dreeg is going to be cast as often as possible which is good imo. Especially for testing but for general gameplay too I think.

[edit] I forgot the step “turn on the program again”

1 Like

Btw in the next update there will be an option of having function keys F1 - F12 be sent instead of 0 - 9.

send_function_keys=true

This way there won’t be a need to suspend toggles/holds when you’d like to search for something in stash or when shopping.

It will be turned off by default because it may cause some problems like making screenshots in Steam or turning on Grim Internal Configurator

3 Likes

I think I’m going to do something like this

[reset timers and spam skills when hold]
skills=7
delay=100
key=Shift
duration=2000

[7]
skill=Wendigo Totem
delay=13000
hold_keys=Shift

What the 1st section is going to add is that after you hold Shift the totem’s timer is going to be reset and this skill spammed immediately for the duration of 2 seconds.

What is it for - to cast a skill immediately when you hold a key even if it has a very long delay like Wendigo Totem. Normally I have a 100 delay and this way skills is spammed immediately but I’d like the totem to be spammed every 15 seconds not every 5 seconds when I’m fighting the same enemy and holding Shift for 15 seconds.

Why not just force one press naturally and then carry on with 15 second delay after you press and hold Shift. Well, in Grim Dawn pressing a button once doesn’t give you 100% guarantee the skill is cast. A Wendigo Totem is a skill you want to be cast with 100% chance otherwise you may get killed. The only way to guarantee this is to spam a skill for a short period of time but obviously shorter than the skill 5s cooldown.

This way we can have 100% guarantee (I already had something like this in my previous program) that a Wendigo Totem is spammed exactly once for every mob pack immediately with 100% chance and not more often than every 15 seconds unless moving between mob packs.

Of course, all of this achieved with the same button you use for other skills (I like to play with LMB + Shift only + occasional Space for movement skill out of rotation, health, energy potions, camera etc)

1 Like

Also one more thing that I think needs to be done if the program is to be developed further.
Hotkeys being able to store multiple functions bound to them and execute them one by one.
I’ve already had “hiding stuff on the ground” Shift hotkey but I’d like another hotkey on Shift and that’s impossible.

The simplest solution would be Hotkeys dictionary working more or less as follows (pseudo code):

Hotkeys["Shift"].push(HideStuff) 
Hotkeys["Shift"].push(ToggleSkill7)
Hotkeys["Shift"].push(ResetTimer7)

And then when user presses Shift all these 3 things happen one at a time and there are no hotkey limitations in the program:

Shift::
   for function in Hotkeys["Shift"]
        function.Call()
Return

Shift hotkey created dynamically when first function is added to Hotkeys[“Shift”] list in Hotkeys dictionary.

Yeah, lots of rewriting needed and v4 release gonna takes some time but really worth waiting since it will have much more options to create your perfect fight rotation and logic and far less limitations in regards to keybindings/configuration.

3 Likes

It wasn’t that much of rewriting fortunately. Now (not released yet) to have i.e. Word of Renewal and Pneumatic Burst cast automatically you can use the following config (that’s literally the whole config :rofl:)

[1]
toggle_key=Tab

[2]
toggle_key=Tab

instead of the old (but obviously still working)

[autocasting]
master_toggle=Tab

[1]
toggle_key=1

[2]
toggle_key=2

It didn’t work before because the program tried to create Tab hotkey two times for each of the toggle_keys. Now when the first toggle_key is read, the Tab hotkey is created and the function of toggling the 1st skill added to it. When the second toggle_key is read, the function of toggling the 2nd skill is added to the already existing Tab hotkey.

2 Likes

I have Pneumatic Burst and others skills spammed every 100 ms when I hold Left Mouse Button. The problem is it’s so frequent that when you click LMB, even very quickly, Pneumatic Burst is cast and it often stops the current action (you need to press LMB twice to enter a portal etc). Some solution to this problem is to change the delay of Pneumatic Burst from 100 to 1000 ms but to be honest this is more of a workaround than a real solution.

New feature of GDAutocaster solves this problem

[autocasting]
temp_block_keys=LButton
temp_block_duration=100

[3]
skill=Pneumatic Burst
hold_keys=LButton

It basically blocks all autocasting for a split second (or longer depending on the config) whenever you press one of the buttons from temp_block_keys. As a consequence, if you have one of the buttons set to autocast some skills while it’s being held and in temp_block_keys as well, the autocasting starts working after temp_block_duration when you press it.

2 Likes

New feature combos implemented

[combos]
delay=300
combo1=RButton:7,3
combo2=h:t,1,2,3,t

Basically casting multiple spells once by pressing one button once.

Combo1 is casting 7 and 3 with 300ms delay between them if you press RMB.
Combo2 is switching to another quickbar (set to t in-game), then casting 1, 2, 3 and switching back to main quickbar if you press h.

You can have up to 9 combos.

3 Likes