[Tool] [Updated for v1.2] GDModdingTool: Tool for making personal customized Mods

So if I understand this correctly I can modify the main campaign to just have increased mob density and stuff like that? If so - How would I just increase mob density? I am clearly not a modder, however a few of my friends and I are looking for something to fill the mob density increase void that GDTH left.

Example config.txt
# All lines starting with '#' ignored by the program
# Do not change lines starting with '$' in any way

# Directory of database records to use
$RecordsDirectory
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\database\records

# Directory where changed files should be put. If you created a new mod, use that directory.
# Giving path of 'records' folder also works.
$ModDirectory
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\mods\test\database\records

$SubDirectories
creatures
game
items
proxies
interactive

$Commands
#AdjustSpawnAmount 3.33

Here is an example configuration for increasing just mob density. You should change folder paths.

I am clearly not a modder

I am afraid you will need to familiarize yourself a bit with the process. Here is tool wiki for whole process.

I should also note that increasing mob density will likely cause you to gain more levels per area and you may end up way higher level than mobs later. It might be a good idea to make mobs scale to your level by adding this configuration:
RemoveDifficultyLimits

When I try to build my mod it says templates not found. What do?

Do you have templates extracted to correct place? Normally they should be under database folder of base game folder. I am not sure if you can put them in somewhere else.

Like this you mean? I left the ExtractFiles.bat on default.

Yeah that seems like correct place. If you are using AssetManager and it is located in the base game folder, I don’t have any other idea I am sorry. And all the links google shows are from old forum so they all get redirected to some main page or something.

Ok, I fixed it. On a fresh GD installation, I ran AssetManager.exe and extracted the main database one time. Then your extractor worked without a problem too. I used your extractor on a different folder than the AssetManager.exe just to see the difference. It extracted main and both expansions and I could modify the files now, without the template error like before. The mod loaded up and everything is good. Thanks!

This looks great but this is a different language for me. For example, I want to mod an existing mod just a tiny bit.

Noble Paladin mod, I would like to change the Holy Fire aura to add weapon damage and remove the Exclusive Skill restriction so I can use multiple Auras.

Are there any tutorials on how to do that to Noble Paladin mod?

Thanks.

Those type of changes are not supported by this tool unfortunately.

Hi I followed all the steps but I cant seem to make the mod work. I enabled the stasher mod but it didnt worked after talking to Jarvis. Also there’s no game folder inside the mod I created. Is that the problem? cause other mods have that gameengine.dbr file. Would be great if you can make a short vid thanks in advance.

Stasher is not related to Jarvis. I may need to update the one in my repository because I just import tt300’s mod, not create one automatically. Do you mean the other one described like this in config file:

Gives 5 inventory bags when you talk to Hangman Jarvis at the start.
WARNING: This OVERRIDES ‘Waking to Misery’ quest and requires building quests through Asset Manager > Archive > Build…
$AddInventoryBagsAtStart

For that you need to build quests too as described there.

Well it depends on your config file. There are situations that that file is not needed at all. Could be perfectly normal.

Unfortunately I don’t have game installed and don’t have much time during the week days but I will try to make a video this weekend along with checking if everything still works as expected. If you need me to check it earlier I need those:

• Did you use ExtractFiles.bat file to extract files? If so, are you sure you gave correct paths?
  • config.txt file you used.
  • Output of program. If it closes immediately, try to run it from command window by; 1) Type cmd in Windows Search and Right Click > Run as Administrator 2) Run tool from command window with
    path\to\tool\GDModdingTool.exe
  • Log files created by the program. Those are located in the same folder and named as Logs_DATE_TIME.txt like Logs_27.05.19_21.44.19.txt

Hi I didnt see that warning my mistake. Now everything works fine thanks a lot.

Hey. Great tool, that is exactly what I was looking for.!I tried to make a custom mod and it seems to be working well. I am having a hard time to figure if the increase in drop of Epic and Legendaru is actually working. I tried to compare files and couldn’t find where those changes would be applied. Basically I tried the following commands:
AdjustSpecificLootAmount 5 Component,Blueprint,Quest Epic,Legendary,Quest False

What I want to acomplish is make Epic and Legendary items drop 5 times more. Same thing with Components, Blueprints and Quest items. Am I using the right command?

Also what is modified to increase Epic and Legendary items drop rate so I can double check?

Thanks a lot for that tool!

Sorry I was super busy with work last couple of weeks. Command seems fine. You are comparing files in output folder right? Loots are generally in lootmastertable.tpl or leveltable.tpl files. The field that would be different is lootWeight IIRC. Also you should compare all of the files to see if things are changed because sometimes when a loot file consists of items that all need to be increased in weight, their individual values stay same and the file’s weight get increased. If you can provide some changes and logs I would be happy to check if there is an issue.

Thanks for the tips. Yes I am comparing files in output folder. Pretty much everything that I changed seems ok (skill points, devotions points). I just can’t figure if Epic and Legendary drop rate for all equipment was changed. I tried to check individual loot table files but most are unaltered.

Hmm, I will run the same code on my computer tomorrow and see if it works.

Hey again, I tested the command. Check the image below:

I gave you wrong file names. TPL files are templates, they determine what should a DBR file look like. In the image above you can see that loot1Weight1 value and loot1Chance value of item stored in d210_blunt.dbr file multiplied by 5. And that file has a mace item classified as Legendary. So it seems to me that tool is working as expected.

Great! Thanks for taking the time to look at this!

Hello asakhi, your tool is fantastic, been using it to have some fun lately.

Thing is, there’s one thing that I cannot fix and its regarding max level cap issues.

You see, after I set max level to anything above 100… when my char levels to 101 , monsters no longer respawn.

Is there a possible solution to fix this?

Im asking you this, because… in the past, the workaround for this issue was to manually changing a bunch of files that required a lot of testing and time (change proxies, scripts, etc) to eventually make respawn available again… but with your powerful tool, things could be MUCH easier to fix that by simply changing a couple of lines on your tool’s config file.

Can you help me on this matter?

Thank you!

This is amazing, unfortunately I’m useless at modding. I’ve tried following everything and I still can’t get it to work ha.

I don’t suppose anyone has made a mod that includes the stasher, and ups the loot drops and increases devotion points? No other changes to XP gained etc?