[Tool] [Updated for v1.2] GDModdingTool: Tool for making personal customized Mods

Yes you should be able to go by colour to determine which one is it. Tainted brain is Quest.

The Commands in the Config file seem to be affecting another mod I already have installed for some reason.
Here is the Config File I’m trying to use to create my new mod. Do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

$RecordsDirectory
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\database\records

$ModDirectory
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\mods\TestMod\database\records

$SubDirectories
creatures
game
items
proxies
interactive

$Commands

More monster spawns

AdjustChampionChance 2
AdjustChampionSpawnAmount 2.5
AdjustCommonSpawnAmount 2
AdjustMonsterClassWeight 3 Hero

More and better loot

AdjustGoldDrop 5
AdjustLootAmount 3 All
AdjustSpecificLootAmount 10 Component,Blueprint,Quest Epic,Legendary,Quest False
AdjustAffixWeight 10 RareAffix RareAffix
AdjustAffixWeight 5 RareAffix NormalAffix
AdjustAffixWeight 5 NormalAffix RareAffix

Less XP and Reputation requirement

AdjustExpRequirement 0.10
AdjustFactionRepRequirements 0.15
SetAttributePointsPerLevel 5
ChangeSkillPointsPerLevelBy 2
SetMaxDevotionPoints 75
SetDevotionPointsPerShrine 5

Monster scaling

RemoveDifficultyLimits

Quality of life

SetItemStackLimit 500 Potion

How is the other mod installed? If it is installed by replacing existing game files instead of being a separate folder under Grim Dawn\mods, then this tool cannot separate it from base game. Which is a good thing imo.

How is it affecting the other mod?

Okay sorry about that. It actually isn’t affecting the other mod. It just isn’t affecting anything. I might be missing a step or two probably. Does it matter where your tool is installed at? I just have it in a folder on my desktop.

Nope, it doesn’t. Can you share the log file with me? It should be inside the folder where tool is located.

Never mind. I was just skipping the Build step with the AssetManager at the end. Thanks for the help.

So one more quick question if you don’t mind. Can large overhaul mods like Reign of Terror be modified with this? And if so do you need to use the Additional source file directory option in the config file? I looked for the source file directory in the Reign of Terror mod but could not find a records folder under the database folder.

You can definitely modify those but setting it up can be different depending on the mod. If you have located the database file (usually named as ModName.arz under database folder) but no records folder, it means you will have to extract them yourself. Once you extract them, you can give this folder as the Additional source file directory option. If the mod you you want to modify is installed under mods folder, you will need to merge it with the new files tool created. Simply copy the files tool created over to the original mod and replace when asked. This is because Grim Dawn allows only one mod to be active at one time.

Note that if Reign of Terror added new folders for itself under database/records, you may need to list those under $SubDirectories option, otherwise the tool wouldn’t read those.

Okay. So I just spent like 2 hours trying to extract the ReignOfTerror.arz and I don’t think that it is possible. I used this explanation on how to extract .arz files with the archivetool.exe [ https://steamcommunity.com/app/219990/discussions/1/1861616055079363190/ ] All it did was pop up with some error about an invalid file type. Some sort of .ccp file. I don’t know why it won’t extract this .arz file. All it did was add a new file called ReignOfTerror.arz-extract. So I don’t think it is possible to extract it for some reason. I also tried this same process with another mod I have installed to make sure that I was doing it correctly and the archive tool worked perfectly. But thanks a lot for all the help.

Sounds like you made an error with your parameters somewhere. To extract arz files use -database not -extract, also make sure you have spaces between the different parts ‘RoT.arz-extract’ looks a lot like you did not have one

Well, I’ve got the files extracted now. Thanks. But I think I’m doing something wrong with the config file now because I’m getting an error every time I use the modding tool.
Here is the log file with the error that I keep getting at the very bottom. Logs_03.04.21_16.55.15.txt (269.1 KB)
Here is the config file that I am trying to use with the ModdingTool.
config.txt (1.1 KB)

Seems like I remembered wrong. You don’t need to list RoT folders under $SubDirectories. It actually causes the error. You don’t need to list them anywhere, seems like default checks every folder under the mod if not listed. However if you want to list them, please use $AdditionalSubDirectories. Note that if you do list them, you need to list every folder needed regardless of it being listed under $SubDirectories.

So what do I do after I get the modified record files from your program? It does not change anything after I over write the record files in the RoT mod directory. Do I have to make another mod with the assetmanager? I tried rebuilding the RoT mod with the asset manager after over writing the record files. But that just made it go back to the base game.

Howdy,
config.txt (10.2 KB)
Running into an error message when modding rarities:

Running command: AdjustAffixWeight
ERROR: Unknown file type in Loottable
File: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\database\records\items\faction\booster\boosthostile_aetherial_c01.dbr
Template: itemfactionwarrant.tpl,
File: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\database\records\items\faction\booster\boosthostile_chthonian_c01.dbr
File: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\database\records\items\faction\booster\boosthostile_exile_c01.dbr
File: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\database\records\items\faction\booster\boosthostile_undead_c01.dbr

My config ends with

AdjustAffixWeight 3 RareAffix RareAffix
AdjustAffixWeight 2 RareAffix NormalAffix
AdjustAffixWeight 2 NormalAffix RareAffix

No further commands after that step.

Not sure what’s causing this - this I mess up the file structure somehow?

Edit: uploaded my config file in case it makes easier to see what’s happening.

Any possibility to update this again for 1.1.9.2?

I think there is some issue with

# Adjusts amount of specific loot combination. Can be used multiple times to cover different combinations.
# Parameter 1 (Float): Amount is multiplied by this
# Parameter 2: List of item types. Separate values with ','. Valid values: Amulet, Armor, Belt, Blueprint, Component, Medal, Potion, Quest, Relic, Ring, Shield, Weapon
# Parameter 3: List of item classes (rarities). Separate values with ','. Valid values: Common, Magical, Rare, Epic, Legendary, Quest
# Parameter 4 (Boolean): Should types and classes be combined with AND or OR? AND makes it apply to loots satisfying both while OR requires only one to satisfy. Use 'True' for AND and 'False' for OR.

and

# Adjusts weight of speficied prefix-suffix combination. Can be used multiple times to cover different combinations.
# Parameter 1 (Float): Weights of combinations multiplied by this
# Parameter 2: Type of prefix. Valid values: NoAffix, NormalAffix, RareAffix
# Parameter 3: Type of suffix. Valid values: NoAffix, NormalAffix, RareAffix

may cause crush problem when slaying an elite/hero monster.

This is working perfectly. However, I have one question.

Parameter 4 (Boolean): Should types and classes be combined with AND or OR? AND makes it apply to loots satisfying both while OR requires only one to satisfy. Use ‘True’ for AND and ‘False’ for OR.

Does this mean if I use AND, the drops that are, say, only both a weapon and epic gets multiplied?

If I use OR, does it mean that both the weight of Weapons and Epic drops is multiplied? So it would multiply the weight of ALL weapons, including normals to Legendary?

is this up to date? i am having trouble with the tool not finding the config.txt file.

nvm im dumb asl

You need to put .exe file and config.txt together.
And no. This project is abandoned for a long time, but I guess still works.

Oh, sorry guys I was quite busy. I didn’t really abandon but thought updates weren’t necessary since game is not getting updates. For anyone checking this out in the future, please create an issue on Github, I check those out as soon as I can.

1 Like