[Tool] Grim Dawn Item Assistant

So, in other words, you’re telling me the same thing, Most people aren’t having this problem, so it’s unimportant. IOW, Go Pound Sand. Thanks for clearing that up.

The most unhelpful thing a person can hear in a support forum is, “Well, it’s working correctly FOR ME”…

Again I’ll reiterate. Low priority does NOT, and i repeat, does NOT mean it is unimportant or won’t receive attention. It means “low priority”.

But kicking and screaming about it always works to change the meaning.

moving on now.

update on this topic - I managed to find the configuration file (was inside an AppData folder), the path to Grim Dawn exe file is correct, but I keep having the same mesasge :frowning:

I’m having the same problem. Searched my MIs and they I had 2 copies of each. I have at least 2 copies of every item, meaning that 100% of my stash got duplicated when I updated after returning to the game.

Is there any way to fix this? I guess the only way is going to a backup pre-update.

Hi Cinsity, I tried today and it all worked fine so try again and you should be good to go …

I cannot see item icons when browsing my items. What could be the problem?
All my items look like this:

Have you tried loading the database again

Anyone seeing anything like this? I’ll be across the map and it’ll still say 0m away until the debug happens. Not a big issue as it’s still looting the items but it used to be instantaneous.

[16/12 18:00:19] INFO Delaying stash loot, too close to stash. (0m away, minimum is 15m)
[16/12 18:00:19] INFO Delaying stash loot, too close to stash. (0m away, minimum is 15m)
[16/12 18:00:19] DEBUG Closed stash
[16/12 18:00:19] INFO Delaying stash loot, too close to stash. (8m away, minimum is 15m)
[16/12 18:00:19] INFO Checking C:\Users\jacka\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\Save\transfer.gst for items to loot
[16/12 18:00:19] INFO Searching for items…
[16/12 18:00:19] DEBUG Applying stats to 64 items
[16/12 18:00:19] DEBUG Applying stats to 64 items
[16/12 18:00:19] DEBUG Applied stats to 64 items
[16/12 18:00:19] INFO Updating UI…
[16/12 18:00:19] INFO Done
[16/12 18:00:20] INFO The previous stash file has been backed up as C:\Users\jacka\AppData\Local\EvilSoft\IAGD\backup\transfer.01.gs_
[16/12 18:00:20] INFO Feedback Looted 43 items from stash 6

Been somewhat under the weather.

Working on a solution for the duplication issue.
ETA: …this week.

EDIT: Need the userdata db file of an affected user, have asked on discord but no luck yet.

2 Likes

It’s been previously looked into and could not be reproduced, yet seems to affect a very small fraction of the user base.

That classifies this as a high effort low effect issue.
The effort required to fix an issue which cannot be reproduced is very high, and when an issue affects very few users, the overall effect on the userbase from solving it, is very low.

There are simply more pressing issues, and given your attitude, quite frankly, yes go pound sand. This is a free and open sourced tool, you have an issue with it you don’t like, go fix it yourself.

4 Likes

Yea I have tried it. It did not help.

Good day all

I have been using GDIA for a while now and love the idea of limitless storage space.

I have noticed that my current “Eternal bands” rings, whether the normal, epic or mythic versions doesn’t show all stats in IA, but ingame when I transfer them they do have it.

Is there a setting somewhere or an update that I must do, to solve this, if it can be solved.

Regards
Gogga

Hi my grim item assistant only works if i run vanilla grimdawn, but doesnt work when im using grim internals
help please thanks in advance

Cool. Love it. A few questions (or feature requests if you ever have time :wink:

• Is there a way to text-search item features, as is done via the in-game stash? (I looked into querying the sqlite db but didn’t find an easy path from the playeritem record to the text, e.g. “… +6.5 Energy Regenerated per second …”)

• Is there a way to make the filtered features highlighted? E.g. I search for Physical Damage, it would be nice to be able to easily pick that line out visually so as to compare values (bold/highlight/color/etc)

• (Stretch) The ability to regex search over the item description would be divine :smiley:

Anyhow, thanks for the hard work. I love the idea of infinite stash space!

Please help me
GDIA crashes when loading database.
Here is the error log:
Problem signature:
Problem event name: CLR20r3
Issue Signature 01: IAGrim.exe
Issue Signature 02: 1.2.7266.14007
Issue Signature 03: 5dd90e21
Issue Signature 04: IAGrim
Issue Signature 05: 1.2.7266.14007
Issue Signature 06: 5dd90e21
Issue Signature 07: 8e9
Issue Signature 08: 64
Problem Signature 09: System.Exception
OS version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1041
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Info 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Thank you always for a nice mod.

Hello, I have a problem. I just noticed that IA is duplicating a lot of items. I noticed this today when I saw that I have 4 Amarastan Crusher with the exact same stats, and this also happens with a lot of items.

I transferred the 4 weapons to the game, deleted the 3 duplicates, and transferred the original weapon to IA again. I open IA again and now I have 5 Amarastan Crusher.

I know that I can just ignore the duplicates, but it bothers me that I can’t know the real amount of X item that I have.

Another bug (Not so important as the last one) is in the search filter, the “Inquisitor” filter sometimes hides items that it shouldn’t. Not sure if this happens with other filters.

Hello,
there is a way to move a full stash from a mod to another or to merge the stashes?

I was playing up to now with ModA and I’ve looted a lot of stuff, now I’m moved to play on ModB and doing some build it is weird that I’ve to search both databases…

FYI - ModA was “Smash’n’Stash” (so use only GD items), now I’m moving to ModB (Grimarillion) that added some new items as well but all the ones of ModA are included

Hey guys. I’m having trouble resolving an isssue and I can’t find answers anywhere on google or any forum. I recently started using item assistant - works great. A few days ago I tried to launch grim dawn and item assistant at the same time and the resolution got bugged. Game is running at 1920x1080, same as my native resolution. But every time I enter, exit or alt tab it lags because it’s changing the resolution. Even though the ingame and desktop resolution are the same, it still lags and does something while alt tabbing. These photos further explain what’s happening while in game.

1st photo - normal settings everythings fine
2nd photo - shows what happens when I try to use griminternals - the resolution is off
3rd photo - I change to windows borderless mode - it becomes stretched
4th photo - what I see when I exit grim dawn via exit to desktop - it is a lower resolution and I click anywhere on the screen then it reverts to 1920x1080

A bit of an odd problem and I don’t know how to fix this anymore. Have done repair.exe, verified game files, manually set resolution in mydocuments/settings file, fresh install via steam etc.
Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you