[Tool] Grim Dawn Item Assistant

Man… It’s times like these you really don’t know what you have until you lose it. I miss GDIA. :frowning: My Grim Dawn experience went down the drain!

Darn. I was afraid of that. Oh well. C est la vie! At least I still have my sanity… tho’… I don’t remember if I tried to transfer it from GDIA also. :rolleyes:

Steps I took this morning.

1. Started GDIA
  2. Transferred to stash on item I have a bunch of
  3. Closed, i.e., [X]'ed out of GDIA.
  4. Started Grim Dawn
  5. Saw that the item I transferred showed up in GD - yipee!
  6. Moved said item to a ‘safe’ tab in the stash.
  7. Closed GD (Exit to Desktop)
  8. Started GDIA normally (in admin because… Windows)
  9. Nothing happened. No GDIA window. DId I imagine I started it?
  10. Tried to start GDIA again… and again no GDIA window.
  11. Cogitated for a moment
  12. Brought Process Explorer out of system tray - it is almost always running
  13. Nothing obvious tho I did find IAGrim.exe running with <= 0.01% CPU
  14. Normally would nuke… except this ain’t normally with GDIA.

Should I kill IAGrim.exe? I think I should; but, the little engine that could is concerned I shouldn’t at this time.

OK - I told the little engine that could to stuff it and killed the IAGrim.exe process. I then restarted GDIA and, it is up and downloading a new version.

I am leaving the question up in the small hope that it might reassure others in a similar situation.

How do I get this patch if I delayed updates previously? I have auto update selected, but I haven’t gotten notified about this patch within IA.

Is it possible to use the crafting tab to actually craft stuff?
Would be a blessing.

While I considered it, the lack of character integration in IA means you would craft those items without spending any Iron. But other than that, for blues/purples it would be fairly trivial to implement.

The real issue is that most people do not store crafting materials in IA, they keep it in-game.
But I suppose that’s overcomeable…

Unsure what the user-base stance is on Iron/money though.

been back into grim dawn for the last 2 weeks. Need a bigger loot stash. Seems item assistant is having some trouble as of late no? Or did it all get fixed and safe to use now? Thanks guys.

I’ve been using it fine, you just have to use it a bit differently than usual until Crate hotfixes a bug in Grim Dawn.

Basically:

1. To put items into IA, put them in last stash tab, walk away, close and/or restart Grim Dawn before opening your stash again.

2. To get items out of IA, do it with Grim Dawn closed.

No, waiting on the next hotfix from Crate. Something in the last update messed up the 3rd party stash tools.

They work as long as you are not playing a char in GD while making changes to the stash externally. If you play at the same time, the external changes get lost.

I can retrieve the loot from IA fine, but when I want to transfer item from GD to IA it just doesn’t work, I had follow instruction to enable instaloot and close GD while using IA but it won’t loot my item from GD stash.

Anyone have any solution for this problem ?

Do you have a check mark by “disable instaloot”?

The duplicate bug is still occuring. If i run to my stash, put something in the last stash, close the stash and restarting GD items get into IA and are still in the last tab present. Furthermore if i run away they will get more and more duplicated. I tried now a few behaviours but can’t get it. This is really silly, because last week slippery pete was casting that he will stop patching IA and now we got this annoying bug -.- .

Damn it, i love my IA :smiley:

PS: And yes i have gone through all the needed steps like disabling instaloot etc.

Disabling instaloot is the opposite of what you want… if you don’t play with mods…

Anyhow, it’s up to Crate to solve the issue.
There are more active users of IA than there are players who’ve reached level 100, so hopefully its a priority.

With latest hotfix, I have no problem transferring items from IA to GD. But when I place any items in tab 5 to transfer to IA, they just disappear:confused: I have instaloot disabled and insta transfer and hotfix enabled… did I mess something up with settings? Thanks!

I also don’t know what happened, but it seems I lost pretty much all my legendaries from my database. No idea how this happened and when as I didn’t check for them in a while :undecided:

I can still see the pictures in the EvilSoft\IAGD\storage folder, but I guess this is just some cache for the icons and not the items.

As always you are totaly right :slight_smile: I misread it, because of my bad english, now it works.

The point with the more players using IA then players reaching level 100 is interesting. Maybe Crate will be the first one who understand that something like IA has to be implented in every HAck & Slay.

Stop limiting the space to gather loot in a game which depends on loot!

But that is something, which even Blizzard don’t understand. Imo it should be implented in any H&S to pay for increasing the stash (like it is in GD with the first sides of the Stash but without any restriction). POE has this but only with real Money. Furthermore there should be always a wardrobe (like in GD Stash) in which you see what items you are still missing.

This two little improvements would increase the fun of any H&S, but thats only my personal opinion but at least with over 30 years of gaming experience :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello everyone,

I just got back to the game after buying the expansion, I have used IA before. Now some of my items does not appear when I transfer them from IA to in-game with game client closed. Is there a way to restore or reverse the transfer without importing a backup and duplicating most of my items?

Thank you very much for you time.

If “IA” means “Item Assistant” (the mod), try to updating it. There’s also a mod called “GD Stash” to manipulate your stash. Also, you won’t even need those items in the expanion, there are plenty other items that might be even stronger and you level up slightly faster (at least that’s what I experienced without any exp modifier items).