Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
Extract the content of the zip file to your game installation directory
and run the GrimInternals64.exe.
If you have the Steam-Version, then you must first startup Steam and then run my tool.
Important: Steam Cloud Save is not functioning properly when you launch Grim Internals!
To prevent possible data loss disable Cloud Saving!
You might also read “how to add Grim Internals to the Steam-library” at the end of this post.
Please read the Q&A post from Darkstalix!
To enable/disable some of the features, press CTRL+F5 in-game (not in the main menu!)
to open the Configurator
A few things you should consider:
- If you experience a crash when opening the configurator, try to run GI as Administrator.
- Grim Internals is designed in first place to work flawless in Singleplayer Mode.
- Enabling the DPS-meter will result in decreased FPS, so don’t leave it enabled all the time!
Some of the features:
- auto-pickup for components/mats (definable radius 1-10.0 meter / default: 8.0)
- floating text messages, based on your character’s combat attribute type, like “Stunned”, “Frozen”, “Trapped”.
- onscreen death counter.
- money counter (how much iron bits you get/lose per session)
- buff- and debuff status effect icons in text format
- hotkey (SHIFT+F1) to toggle the Infoboxes on/off
- hotkey (CTRL+F1) to toggle the UI on/off (for better screenshots)
- Monsterkill counter (N = Nemesis, B = Boss, H = Hero, CH = Champion, C = Common)
- Dropped items counter (C: common, M: magic, R: rare E: epic L: legendary)
- enabled developer debuglog in console (only for custom mods)
- enabled realtime combat log (only for custom mods)
- support for GrimCam (if installed)
- configurable healthBars for player, pets, multiplayer and monster
- Purple Lootbeam for dropped legendary items (Thanks to Ram and Darkstalix for providing this)
- Green Lootbeam for dropped double rare items
- Notification when you receive new item illusions.
- Optional “Crucible Mode with Custom Mods" (see v1.92 patch notes how to activate it)
A massive teleport list with all spawn points for bosses/shrines etc. can be found here!
Thanks to @Kortique_Alavier for sharing!
To make the most of all the possibilities offered by Grim Internals,
you need to edit the GrimInternals.ini file (located in Grim Dawn installation folder).
Here is a description how to add Grim Internals to the Steam-library. (Thanks @Darkstalix )
- Put the contents of the .zip into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn
- Go on Steam and press : Add a game and then the , Add a Non-Steam game.
- Press on Browse and search for the GrimInternals.exe executable in the folder and after clicking on it press on “Add selected Programs”
- In the steam Library below the Grim Dawn game launcher there will be the GrimInternals one too.Right click on this and press on properties.
- Here You can rename it if you want or add any optional parameters like /d3d9, this also reduces some fps drops in old setups
- Maybe you will have to add the GrimInternals.exe into your antivirus exceptions in case you still have issues.
Here is a description how to add Grim Internals to the Steam-library for Linux. (Thanks @AO7)
- Fetching Grim Dawn launch Script.
- Override launch options of Grim Dawn (vanilla) to “PROTON_DUMP_DEBUG_COMMANDS=1 %command%”
- Launch Grim dawn (don’t exit yet) and navigate to /tmp/proton_ folder.
- Copy the run script in there to any location you like (now you may close Grim dawn after copy).
- Setting up launching via GI
- Edit this run script’s DEF_CMD variable to point to Grim Internals exe you’ve extracted in Grim Dawn installation folder. [Same path, only executable file name will change]
- Remove any trailing options in that variable.
- Add env before the PATH variable of that run script
- Setting up GI desktop file
- Make a copy of the Grim Dawn .desktop file in the same location with a different name (I use Grim Dawn+.desktop)
- Use an absolute path to the edited run script as value of Exec.
- Adding GI to steam library
- Go to Games -> Add non-steam game to library from steam UI.
- Select the recently created .desktop file (Grim Dawn+.desktop in my case) and click on “Add selected programs”
- Migrating GD options to GI
- Simply add the launch option overrides done for Grim Dawn to our non-steam game.
Use this tool at your own risk!
I’m not responsible for any kind of damage this tool made to your character/stash files.
Always make a backup of your save files before using this tool!
A special THANK YOU goes to Darkstalix!
He has accompanied Grim Internals since its release in 2017 and
has proposed many improvements!
Localization file updated 2021-01-29T23:00:00Z
Ask your favorite Localization-Manager to translate it to your preferred language
and to add it to one of the Grim Dawn Localization tag-files (e.g. “tags_ui.txt”)
Localization_GrimInternals.txt (5.4 KB)