[Tool] Grim Internals

Nope, the only thing i’m seeing is “v1.1.5.1 (x64)” in the bottom corner. I must be doing something incorrectly. I haven’t modded or added any addons to anything in years, so i’m sure I must be doing it wrong :sweat_smile:

EDIT: Ok, after playing around with it for a third time and a re-downloading and extracting, I’ve gotten it to work. Thanks for the quick reply, it’s much appreciated.

1 Like

Hey man, great tool. Really loving it and really helps out a lot, but i’ve got some problems recently with crashes. I’ve tried re-installing it, but my game still keeps crashing when i’m trying to boot it up. I can hear one little sound of the Grim Dawn music, see the logo of the game and then it crashes me to the desktop. No idea what to do at this point and i don’t want to miss this lovely tool as it is so handy.

Edit: I should note that i can start up Grim Dawn without Grim Internals just fine. So it must be some sort of issue with Grim Internals. Atleast for me :smiley:

-Make sure you have 64BIt os
-Repair the game
-Run the internals executable as Admin(only the tool executable)
-Make sure you have steam opened before running it
-Add it in your AV’s exceptions
-For the love of god…tell me you haven’t pirated the game

If you did all these and still have issues report them her with more specs of your pc and if possible paste your crash report too

Done all of that, still crashing.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 6 Core, 3600 Mhz
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 2060
Mainboard: Asus ROG StrixX470-F Gaming
RAM: 16 GB

The crash file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<crashreport version="0.95">

<guid>83c583ad-1eb4-403e-9f47-93526d73b7f0</guid>

<name>Grim Dawn</name>

<version>v1.1.5.1 (x64)</version>

<thread>6024</thread>

<pointers>642900684280u</pointers>

-<content>

<file description="Crash Description" name="crash.xml"/>

<file description="Crash Dump" name="minidump.dmp"/>

<file description="Included File" name="log.html"/>

</content>

-<properties>

<property name="os_name" value="windows"/>

<property name="os_platformid" value="2"/>

<property name="os_version" value="10.0"/>

<property name="os_producttype" value="1"/>

<property name="os_servicepack" value="0.0"/>

<property name="os_bits" value="32"/>

<property name="distribution" value="steam"/>

<property name="userid" value="A08AC690B7B4094ED72ED03856E68727"/>

<property name="mem_load" value="42"/>

<property name="mem_totalphys" value="17108815872"/>

<property name="mem_availablephys" value="9777938432"/>

<property name="mem_totalpagefile" value="25698750464"/>

<property name="mem_availablepagefile" value="13241516032"/>

<property name="mem_totalvirtual" value="140737488224256"/>

<property name="mem_availablevirtual" value="140697854083072"/>

</properties>

</crashreport>

It seems like you suffer the same issues I had some weeks prior. For some reason it detects your OS as 32-Bit, which is wrong.

Try to start GrimDawn64-Bit and close it again in the main menue. Afterwards try to launch GrimInternals to see if you can reach your characters. Should probably work now.

Alternatively just spam the GrimInternals boot up until it works (… it will probably work after the 6th or 7th time :smiley: - that’s not a joke)

1 Like

That worked perfectly, thanks man! <3

I have same problem 4k monitor changed ini. Tried 20 did not help then tried 24 did not help. Even tried 30 but same problem. No i have not a pirated version, steam version all expansions.

Anyone ran inte same problem with a 4k screen and know how to fix this?

I don’t own a 4k monitor, therefore I haven’t added font scaling support for the UI.
It could be that I’ll add it someday, but surely not this year anymore.
I hope for understanding!

it’s k i understand cant force you to fix it =)

is it possible i just change the desktop res to 1080p and it will be fixed?

Changing Desktop res to 1080p fixed it should add it to the QA =)

Could someone please tell me how to fix this? New to GD and this addon and I can barely read any of it lol

Edit: It also freeze while selecting things and I have to keep exiting from the taskbar and re opening. Do I have to press ctl f5 and keep it running in background or just hit exit once im done check marking boxes I want?

You have to set the desktop dpi scaling to 100%.

Some programs (AV/Windows Defender or whatever) on your computer can prevent this tool from working correctly.
It’s hard to tell what went wrong!

To my knowledge if i recall they changed some policies into the windows defender of w10 and looks like ppl are getting these errors
Just keep in mind that GI is not a virus and always add it into your AV’s exceptions
And don’t download from other places but here…you never know

1 Like

Had same problem yesterday. I change desktop res to 1440p and it worked after you done with all setings set it back to 4k =)

1 Like

So I just downloaded Grim Dawn through GoG and the version says 1.1.5.2. I only mention this because when I try to run Grim Internals, it says the version isn’t compatible. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

No, you’re not doing anything wrong. Grim Dawn was just updated today and Internals hasn’t caught up yet.

Ah ok, thank you :slight_smile: It all downloaded as 1 big download, so I didn’t see the patch history and on Crate’s patch notes forum I didn’t see anything for 1.1.5.2, just hotfix 1 for 1.1.5.1. I shall wait patiently for the update :smiley:

usually how long does it takes for grim internals to be updated?

Usually 12-24 hours.
Sometimes shorter, sometimes longer :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

alzjGE9Z_700wa_0

3 Likes