[Tool] Grim Internals

That happens to be the ONLY way you can play the game with GI :smirk:

Thanks for the super-quick bugfix Glocken :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re a superstar, thank you so much for your swift fixes and updates!

1 Like

Hey, I tried the program recently and it is very neat. Not exactly to my needs, but it gave us healthbars and I might enable it in the future if I want to know more about my build-statistics.

But disregarding, the tool had me think of an idea which could add some cool things, if those are possible. It’s just some suggestions, and I wouldn’t be surprised if those have already been questioned at some points but already been scrapped for whatever reasons. Regardless, what if:

You could open a rudimentary external browser when the tool is running with a shortcut (just like the ctrl+F) which opens and redirects you to https://www.grimtools.com/ ? I don’t know how much work that would be and if it would even be feasable, but I’ll just keep going here.
So, anyways, that way you could check stuff without having to alt-tab outta the game. Maybe also be able to visit any of the wikis. I don’t know how grim-tools is coded, but maybe the implementation could be ported directly into Grim-Internals, kinda like an offline-mode, which would remove the need for an actual browser.
Anyways, even more dumb ideas, how if, if that’s possible, when you are then browsing grim-tools it automatically loads in your current player-file, your current position, your bounties that then shows you the accomondating monster-bestiary entry if requested and so on.
That would be pretty cool.

And probably a lot of work. IF any of this would even be possible/feasable.

Okay, that’s all, bye.

hi i love the mod too but what happen to auto combine mats ingame that is gone cant enable from pressig Ctrl F5 when the menu pop up its gone some how why

So no need for it any more.

tbh friend GD is almost at the end of its course and all these nice suggestions are kind of hard to be added
Since the author is not even playing the game nowadays we should be glad that the tool even gets updated for the latest versions. I would rather have more bugfixes than more features

2 Likes

I made this for something else. I was thinking you might find some use for it too! Enjoy!

4 Likes

Ye, you are definitely right. Was just throwing it out there to get it out of my system ^^

Hi, just wanted to post the results of some tinkering with a bug i had (and how it was fixed)
THE PROBLEM: When I first saw this mod, I noticed that cloud saving should be disabled, so i dutifully did that - in steam, but not GD. When i launched GI and attempted to play crucible with DoM, It ‘reset’ my character’s items and skills - actually making a separate character with the same name, associated with the main campaign and crucible instead of the DoM custom map. Custom Mode is still enabled, even though i’m told it’s supposed to be disabled by Grim Internals.
MY SOLUTION: I realised GD has a separate cloud save option to Steam. I disabled both cloud saves, and copied my cloud save to the local save file. I also discovered the earlier mentioned duped characters (under “/save/main”, not “/save/dom”) and deleted them.
TL;DR: Leaving cloud saves enabled in GD cause modded crucible to generate copies of characters (i think), and the modded crucible setting doesn’t disable custom map as it is supposed to (?). I’m not 100% on the causes here, only effects. Crucible is now working as intended.
Also: huge thanks for this tool, very fun now that it works.

1 Like

The soldier branch is the morale skill, displayed incorrectly in the buffs line, this skill has drains, which is not taken into account by you. Thank you for your work, the program is super!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: How to teleport units (like GI does)?

I’m not sure I understand correctly.
What exactly is the name of the skill that is displayed incorrectly?

Gim Internals stoped working with the new update 1.1.6.1 can you please fix it?

And so it begins!

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank GlockenGerda and anyone else who has helped to keep GI afloat. The timing of this post is purely coincidental and in no way is this a thinly veiled ‘ETA fix pls when’ post. Nope.

Seriously though, thanks. I’d struggle to play GD without it. I need my custom teleport locations and x1.25 speed.

1 Like

Exactly what @gavin19 said. I also love the auto-rare-pickup which helps grinding those iron bits by a lot (I also use Grim UI’s X-Mod) - The speed and teleport locations are also pretty essential to me.

So I will join what he said. Thanks @GlockenGerda

1 Like

Commenting for notification when it’s updated for 1.1.6.1
Cheers @GlockenGerda

EDIT: TIL you can just subscribe to a post

Good work @GlockenGerda

Good work @GlockenGerda