[Tool] Grim Internals

Some fun facts about the creatures on the startup screen. Out of 225 logins
Parrot showed up 217 times
Big Bird showed up 7 times
Cat showed up 1 time

I stopped after that because afaik the elephant no longer appears :cry:

As you’d expect it’s variable as to when one of them will show up. You could get lucky and get the cat the first time, but you’ll be waiting quite a while for a second appearance.

The big bird will show up after the parrot has appeared anywhere from 5-60 times.
Happy hunting to collect them all - and don’t forget the seagull (or is it a pigeon) in devil’s crossing …
Whether there are any other non-Crate supplied creatures elsewhere in the game GlockenGerda has been suitably coy about so keep your eyes peeled and if you find something, send in a snapshot plus info on where you found it

4 Likes

After drinking too many health potions I suddenly fell asleep and woke up in an area south of DC and saw this gigantic brown bear:

:innocent:

1 Like

Did you feed the bear your GrimInternals display ? :thinking:

What? wow!

and how do I properly replicate it?

Reminds me, would it be possible and desirable for you to someday add a feature to GI that enables the console in vanilla?

You can’t replicate it anymore; the bear has left the area after I shout at him! :wink:

Difficult question; I don’t know!
I think that Zantai wouldn’t be amused, otherwise the console would be already enabled for the main campaign by default.

So just to be clear, the DPS updates every second, but each update it’s showing my the average over 5 seconds?

Is there a way to increase that timeframe?

Hi @GlockenGerda.

I found a way to add GI into steam (via non-steam game) but for Linux. Would you mind if you could add the technique under the “add GI to steam-library” section?

Technique:

1. Fetching Grim Dawn launch Script.
    • Override launch options of Grim Dawn (vanilla) to “PROTON_DUMP_DEBUG_COMMANDS=1 %command%
    • Launch Grim dawn (don’t exit yet) and navigate to /tmp/proton_ folder.
    • Copy the run script in there to any location you like (now you may close Grim dawn after copy).
  2. Setting up launching via GI
    • Edit this run script’s DEF_CMD variable to point to Grim Internals exe you’ve extracted in Grim Dawn installation folder. [Same path, only executable file name will change]
    • Remove any trailing options in that variable.
    • Add env before the PATH variable of that run script
  3. Setting up GI desktop file
    • Make a copy of the Grim Dawn .desktop file in the same location with a different name (I use Grim Dawn+.desktop)
    • Use an absolute path to the edited run script as value of Exec.
  4. Adding GI to steam library
    • Go to Games -> Add non-steam game to library from steam UI.
    • Select the recently created .desktop file (Grim Dawn+.desktop in my case) and click on “Add selected programs”
  5. Migrating GD options to GI
    • Simply add the launch option overrides done for Grim Dawn to our non-steam game.
2 Likes

@GlockenGerda

I just updated Grimdawn and Griminternals, but now i get:

grafik

Its missing some accesspoint/dll and if i press “ok” another window appears saying “cant find Grimdawn”.

All i did was updating Grimdawn per Steam and unzip the griminternal files into the grimdawn folder like before.

Another Question: Can i downgrade grim internals? V1.1.7.1 seems to be removed. Maybe someone can provide me with this version, so i can fix it for now? Would be much apreciated.

It looks like you have different versions of Grim Dawn.exe and Engine.dll installed.
I suggest to verify the game files through Steam.

Thanks for taking the time to wrote all the steps down!
I added it to my first post!

1 Like

Exactly.

You can add AvgDamageMeasurement=xx to the GrimInternals.ini file under [Settings]
where xx (integer value) can go from 2 - 30.
But I don’t recommend to change it, because the display of how the average damage is presented is insufficient.

The default value of 5 secs is good enough to have a quick DPS comparison, imo.

For dps comparison over a longer period of time just measure dummy kill time :sunglasses:

@GlockenGerda Thanks a lot, verifying fixed it. Great Tool btw, can play the normal game speed anymore :wink: also auto loot is great!

ah while i am at it: the option to “only show double rare items” from GD itself has no effect on the “always pick up green items” from GrimInternals. Meaning, if “only show double rare” is selected but normal rares is not, GrimInternals still picks up every rare item even if they are hidden.

I mean it is only quality of life, just asking if there is a worthwhile solution to it.

1 Like

I’m glad you fixed it!

Yeah, GI picks up all rare items even if they are hidden, because this feature was a user
request long time ago to make quick money (iron bits) by selling those items.
I left this feature in, although Crate increased the drop rate of iron bits in the meantime.

Is there a way to download Grim Internals for V1.1.7.1? I don’t want to update the game as I have custom mods installed that aren’t compatible. @GlockenGerda would you be so kind to provide a download link? Thanks.

I don’t keep old versions because every update of GI contains bug fixes and possibly code improvements.

What kind of mods could that be? V1.1.7.2 was only a hotfix.

Can i get some help, im a bit confused, was recomended this mod and as im trying to get it to work it keeps giving me “Grim Dawn not found” when steam is running and it is in the right folder.

even put it as a non-steam game

GI looks for a “x64” folder containing the Grim Dawn.exe file.
If it cannot be found, your above mentioned error message will be displayed.

When you start Grim Dawn, what version number is shown in the lower right corner of the main menu?

I recommend to verify your game files.