[Tool] Grim Internals

No need to add /x64 on a GrimInternals shortcut. It only launches x64 GD by default.

1 Like

no no, that file is for 1.1.7.2 hotfix 2 , i need the version without the hotfix. Anyone have it? thx!

No, because Gerda doesn’t keep old versions of GI.

Gerda doesnt keep, but no one keep it?

Why would they? Everyone uses the most up to date version of the game and so the most up to date verson of GI.

1 Like

Grim Internals (x64) v1.97c for GD Patch v1.1.7.2 Hotfix 2
Download-Link (MEGA)
Download-Link (Google Drive)

v1.97c

• fixed a bug where GI could crash on startup (thanks @Tuoppi for providing me with a crash dump file)
  • Dealt DPS list: renamed damage type “Aether” to “Magic” when playing the mod ReignOfTerror

Known issues:

• Steam Cloud Save is not functioning properly when you launch Grim Internals!
    To prevent possible data loss, disable Cloud Saving (both Steam and In-Game)!
4 Likes

As I said, I can’t reproduce the issue and I got no new informations that would help
to investigate the issue.

ok so, every people in this forum delete all GI files after upgrade it. No one just let the file in a X folder, like me. They are very neat

I recommend always to use only the newest GI version, because it contains the latest bug fixes!
There is no need to keep old GI versions!

2 Likes

yes GG, i know what you say. But the crackers don’t update the hotfix’s of games. Cause is not super necessary to play the game. So , i dont have the money to buy the original game right now, i want to prove it first anyway. And everyone recommend me to use your MOD. But dont worry, sorry for waste your time. thx

And this is partly why Gerda doesn’t keep old versions of her tool. Also from the Q&A for the tool.

"Disclaimer
To edit the GrimInternals.ini file open it up with any notepad programs you prefer. Also keep in mind that PIRATED versions will not be supported "

When you have a legit copy of the game then I’m sure she’ll be happy for you to use her tool. And Crate will be happy to see you back here when you do.

4 Likes

Hey… didnt quite see my issue listed here:

1. Last night, installed Grim Internals and Full Rainbow.
  2. Followed the directions; both mods worked just fine; character loaded up as normal.
  3. Played for awhile.
  4. Went to boot up today… character is missing.

When I installed Grim Internals… I forgot to turn off Cloud Saving in-game.

Googling the issue, I discovered that my Cloud saves could be found in the STEAM folder. I tried copying + pasting those into the local GD files… but when I load back up (after turning off Cloud saving), the character still is not listed at startup.

Any suggestions / advice would be much appreciated.

This isn’t actually GI. It doesn’t do anything with character files. But, make sure you have the cloud turned off both IN STEAM and IN Grim Dawn. Copying the files over into your GD main/save folder should do the trick after that. If you want to make sure to always have a back up as well, I’d recommend turning on OneDrive and have it keep a backup of the GD Main/Save file. That way you’re not technically using Steam cloud/GD cloud but you’ve always got a back up to fall back to.

Or not since OneDrive is also known to muck about with saves.

Ive done this and it changed nothing, unfortunately.

Steam Cloud in the ‘Updates’ tab of the GD section of STEAM is unchecked; in-game Cloud Saving is unchecked.

Im not sure what gives. Literally the only thing thats changed has been my installation of Full Rainbow and Grim Internals.

You can try

but whether it’ll work or not …

Really? Huh, crud. I’ve never had an issue with it. But I’ve also only ever had to restore once about a year and a half ago so my n=1 isn’t that significant.

Maybe it’s better if you’re using it for cloud saving. I’ve just heard it can screw up saves; @powbam probably knows more.

1 Like

Only used this mod a couple hours and liking it so far but (yes, there is a but, sorry ! :flushed: ) … There is two things I noticed and not sure if it been talked about before, after all there is over 5k posts and a bit to much to read through to find out so here goes.

When moving items from Inventory Bag to Smuggler Stash using SHIFT + Left Click the item just disappears, it does work when playing without Grim Internals. Also, it works if you doing it FROM the Smuggler Stash to the Inventory Bag, so a bit strange behavior. :thinking: I do have Grim UI: X-mod installed as well, for larger stash space. Would that possible interfere with the SHIFT + Left Click function when using GrimInternals ??

Then I also noticed when playing the game through GrimInternal exe, the Time Played/Last Played in GOG Galaxy is not counted, unless you happen to trigger a Achievement, then the Time/Last Played gets triggered. I know this isn’t that important, but thought I mention it incase it hasn’t been before.

I do apologize if the above have been posted before but I’m afraid it is way to many posts to go through to find out ! :flushed:

Thanks again for such an awesome mod ! :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

This is another case, which I cannot reproduce, unfortunately!
Weird!

Edit: Has anyone else seen items disappear when using the Smuggler Stash?
If so, I will remove the GI download link until I find a solution to fix the issue.

I haven’t tested it yet, but I assume it’s because the GOG version contains no DRM,
which means, if you start Grim Internals (which loads the Grim Dawn.exe) GOG Galaxy didn’t take notice of it, so the time played is not measured by GOG Galaxy.
(I hope I made it reasonably understandable.)

Sadly I can’t do anything to fix this issue (without investing a lot of work).

1 Like