[Tool] Grim Internals

I appreciate the attempts to help.

We’re gonna have to agree to disagree here. Outright calling someone a thief with this error message being the only ‘evidence’ is pretty damned trolly.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what is the correct file size for GD.EXE, and do you happen to know if it checks the file itself or if it looks to the registry?

My current size:

I don’t know exactly what all checks Glocken has GI do or how she has it perform those checks. I only know that it does.

Untitled

Thank you, that’s narrowed down the issue for me. I have no idea why the .exe is the wrong size and shows a date nearly three months old. I literally uninstalled it earlier today and reinstalled it. I guess I’ll do another uninstall, then manually delete the folder, restart and reinstall maybe? Here’s hoping.

1 Like

Yea that is weird - and it’s actually showing your created date as over a year old. The ‘File version’ is the same but I’m not certain if Crate actually updates that little bit of file info ever.

Edit: I also might be too late but a faster method than doing a complete uninstall would be to simply delete the Grim Dawn.exe and then run a verify in Steam. It will detect it and download anything missing. Might get lucky and it will download the correct file size.

Then again… it looks like the dll’s in your folder are showing dates back to 2018 as well, so, something up there. Might be better off just doing a full purge I guess.

I was off to eat so reinstalling wasn’t a big deal. It appears to have fixed the issue. I suspect it was something with steam playing hide and seek with files maybe? Windows explorer could only find one Grim Dawn on the PC and it was the folder that steam was running it out of so I’m not sure what the heck was going on.

Full uninstall, manual delete, restart and reinstall appears to have fixed the issue though. I really appreciate all the help!

3 Likes

The fully completed GrimInternals_TeleportList.txt file contains spawn points for all bosses, quest mobs (including Associates of Riggs), totems, and even Nemesis.

16 Likes

dayum

:smile:

I bet that took a lot of running (and teleporting!) around - and tons of cross-referencing GrimTools - lol - especially with all the Totem spawn locations (not to mention everything else).

You got my vote for @GlockenGerda to link your post in the OP. A handy resource indeed and a memorable way to come in with a first post.

2 Likes

So it is-about 100 hours of in-game time. When pass the game, have to find yourself new tasks on own. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

MUCH love! TY

That’s a “YOINK!” fo-sho…

EDIT: Agrees with powbam on Glocken/Darkstalix posting this link in the Grim Internals thread!

2 Likes

nice job! thanks alot for sharing this!

2 Likes

I have a super small FR request:

Now with a long teleport list, i found it annoying that the list always starts from top when using the dropdown arrow to pop out the list regardless of the formerly chosen position.
id rather have it to start/jump at that position that was formerly chosen.

eg when farming some mobs in a given act, its annoying to scroll down to the fitting act again if the list is that long as the one recently provided by Kortique_Alavier.

1 Like

For a fast repeatable teleport I you can consider moving to Custom Game
where you can teleport with command line. And also get current coordinates.
You only need to input command once and then it’s saved and can be bring back with just Up Arrow iirc.
I used it while farming rep to teleport right next to Bounty Table in Devil’s Crossing.

Read through the FAQ… When I disable cloud save and restart GD as recommended my character gets removed. If I re-enable cloud save and restart it comes back. Tried disabling and enabling CS in steam options for game, and in GD itself. Am I doing something stupid?

So if I have cloud save disabled and launch GI/GD my character is missing.

I backed up the file 219990 from steam, but it doesn’t seem to be getting character from there anyway, and there is nothing under save folder in GD install

Any advice?

Solved…Moved the backup to documents/my games/grim dawn/save…

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Make sure cloud saving is disabled in both the Steam settings and the ingame Options menu.

And maybe read this for some more info How to - Move your saves from Steam cloud to Grim Dawn's default location.

Appreciated, but current download triggers Windows threat detection within the RAR file.

That’s a massive teleport list; thanks for sharing!

One issue I noticed is that the filename of the teleport list in the folder /Eng/Standart+Totems+Nemesis contains a space just before the “.txt” file extension (GrimInternals_TeleportList .txt").

Added a link to the first post:

3 Likes

Microsoft Edge attempted to block the download on me as well (which I ignored). I’m guessing it’s possibly because it might not “trust” Yandex (a russian site) - web browsers also behave the same way with Mega downloads often. I then scanned it with Windows Defender and it came back clean - and the insides appeared fine as well.

One issue I noticed is that the filename of the teleport list in the folder /Eng/Standart+Totems+Nemesis contains a space just before the “.txt” file extension (GrimInternals_TeleportList .txt").

Oops. Fix it.

> Added a link to the first post:

Thank you, it’s very nice when your own work is not wasted.

2 Likes

You still read these threads about your brainchild here? Excellent. I MUST KNOW what goes behind the animals. I had a large Siamese cat the other day.

Oh - and thank you so much! I’d donate if you had a mechanism, but currently I can only lavish you with praise.