[Tool] Grim Internals

I scanned it after with Defender… came back completely clean.

Malwarebytes is also giving it a clean bill…

Also, I just now loaded it into VirusTotal for ya…

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/e651f23d51a4ee8874af93919864fc1852acad6d3878865d726fc93bfae36451/detection

Not a whisper. Dunno what’s up with your copy of Windows but I’m not seeing that issue here.

Is it possible to log your death(s) and look at it? I die all the time to one certain boss and would like to know how I die in 1 sec.

GI has an option for screenshots to be taken when you die.

You can also make a thread with your character (Grim Tools) / boss you’re fighting with / maybe even video and people will explain to you why/how you die.

i think (not yet tried myself) you can get the developer console when you start a custom game. and i think GI offers some options to log that stuff to a file. Dont ask me how to open the console. (usually its the ^ key) .
so if you could replay/load that scene intoa custom game you should be able to get verbose information (my hypothesis)

Grim Internals Help (sorry not sure if this is right spot)

I’ve been using Internals for a month or two now, when I try to start it up today I get

“Grim Internals v1.99b is not compatible with your version of Grim Dawn…”

Can anyone help?

GD sent out a patch today, so you’ll need to wait until Grim Internals is updated.

Oh, that make sense, haha, thanks!

PSA:

Grim Dawn had a new patch today.

Grim Internals will be updated soon, as @GlockenGerda always does.

PLEASE PE PATIENT!

1 Like

If you’re using Grim Internals, it’s advisable to hold off updating your game until Glocken has put out an update. Make sure your update settings are for manual updates. That way, GD doesn’t upgrade you right out of playing the game until a new GI build is out.

This is only an applicable approach to GOG copies of the game. You can technically avoid updating your game on Steam but you have to switch to offline mode - otherwise there is no possible way to prevent your game from updating when you press Play.

All Grim Internals players should be launching from the GrimInternals64 exe. That style of launch bypasses the steam update check and lets you keep playing.

I play via steam and just did this myself, still working.

2 Likes

Good to know… I never considered this but now that you mention I think I do recall seeing others mention it in the past.

I did now know this might be a thing. I was playing most of the afternoon. I stopped for dinner, and now I can’t get in with GI. We’ll see what playing pure vanilla feels like. :slight_smile:

Yep I mentioned it a few times.
But I still would be careful because:

• IMPORTANT if you launch Grim Internals while Steam is not running
    normal Grim Dawn (and Steam) will launch instead and Grim Dawn will be updated

• I feel like Steam sometimes changes update setting on your games

• maybe if you update client / reinstall the game
    • I definitely had to toggle game’s update setting multiple times
2 Likes

To clarify, you still need game updates disabled on the game property page on Steam. Otherwise the game will update regardless of you hitting play or not.

I have to wait for the GOG release of patch v1.1.9.1 before I can update GI; I hope it doesn’t take too long.

11 Likes

Downloading it via Galaxy now Glocken so hope that means you can get your update sorted out.

Grim Internals (x64) v1.99c for GD Patch v1.1.9.1
Download-Link (MEGA)
Download-Link (Google Drive)

v1.99c

• fixed a game bug that could occasionally produce a square on the map (aka. Fog of War issue).
    NB: this bugfix does not remove already existing squares in the map.fow file.

• added 2 new entries for the .ini file
    [HealthBarPlayerPets]
    PetValuesThreshold=100.0
    PetHealthBarThreshold=100.0

If you set the threshold for ex. to 50.0 the healthbar and/or the health values of your pet
    will only be shown when the pets life is 50% or lower

Known issue:

• Steam Cloud Save is not functioning properly when you launch Grim Internals!
    To prevent possible data loss, disable Cloud Saving in the game options menu!
27 Likes

awesome! thanks!

1 Like

@GlockenGerda Not sure but you might want to check the Devotion screen. If I zoom out it immediately zooms all the way out and remains fully zoomed out and unable to zoom back in.

2 Likes