[Tool] Grim Internals

Am I supposed to make all those folders? My documents in the area you are describing are empty

It’s the most recent version I found anywhere.

griminternals64.exe

Thanks for taking your time out to help me. Same as I said to Powbam. My C:/user%Jon%/Documents is just a totally empty folder. I’m using win.rar doubt that makes a difference not familiar with zip 7 though.

Hmm, the only grim dawn I could find not in the program files was in my C:/user/onedrive/documents/games folder that has 3 games 1 of which is grim dawn, but it’s in my One Drive folder. Do I need to just transfer the who games folder to user/documents?

OneDrive is basically “hijacking” your Grim Dawn folder because it is in Documents which unfortunately OneDrive backs up by default. You need to disable OneDrive from running on startup and move those folders back to where they belong.

Once you do that you should have no more issues.

1 Like

Thanks. I made it so One Drive no longer backs up the entire “My Games” folder. Now I can’t access my character through the cloud nor without it. Level 76 :frowning: I backed up the save file, but no matter where I put it or what options I do my character doesn’t show up. I’m freaking out. I have 120 hours in. I even tried to just put things back how they were with one drive and still doesn’t work. There is an option in-game under menus to import characters from the cloud. When you click it, it says “are you sure this will delete your current character list” as I had no current list I saw no issue with that. Clicked yes and still didn’t load. I wonder if I just tried to load my character from cloud to begin with instead of all this if it would have just worked out. I didn’t know the option existed until now. How am I supposed to get the file from one drive? Every time I launch the game it says “steam was unable to sync your files for grim dawn with the steam cloud” as long as I have the save file backed up somewhere else. I will eventually be able to fix this?? The file I have backed up is identical to the one in my steam folder so I’m not sure why It cant connect to the cloud… please help

1 Like

I hope this will work… I just tried making a new character and the game doesn’t even let me… should I uninstall and reinstall? I type in the name and select the difficulty and nothing happens. Thank you by the way. Thanks, everyone this community is amazing. I also completely disabled OneDrive so it wont be a further issue. Nothing is working still cant make a character. Reinstalling now.

Have you turned off cloud saving in both the Steam settings in the ingame Options menu?

1 Like

Yea, I got it to work. With an odd mix of both the local files and the steam folder. Strange, but I’m not going to complain. Genuinely appreciate it, everyone. Today is my birthday so you all made it a great start. Happy Holidays to you all. Happy Gaming.

Happy birthday and enjoy the day. :cake:

2 Likes

Hi, after the new patch I’ve been experienced a blackscreen when I open a new game with any of my chars. What should I do?

Will there be an issue if I turn one drive back on you think? Now that I got it working.

I wouldn’t. OneDrive is known to hi-jack your My Documents folder and then cause problems with saves.

2 Likes

Hiya. Is there any reason why what I presume to be the in game GI animals show are pink circles for me?

todays patch seems to have broken GI.

Every patch “breaks” GI, as Glocken intended. You need to wait for her to update the tool.

Wait, that’s intended? What’s the benefit of that?

if she was serious on her last post "This is the last GI patch for this year! :zzz: " then we may have to wait til january for the 1.104 version :expressionless:

Na doubt. seeing how hard it seems sometimes to avoid new bugs in updated GI versions its rather in the nature of the tool to require adjustments (to pointer etc) to properly function again.

1 Like

I mean, as far as I can tell, she’s a one-woman team doing this for free cause she’s nice. She’s perfectly free to take a short break for the holidays if she wants. :woman_shrugging: Sucks but in the meantime you can play vanilla Grim Dawn, it’s not gonna kill you.

absolutely, wasnt complaining rather just stating that we may have to wait.
shed be definitely not the only person that may leave the notebook (w.l.o.g.) at home/untouched over vacation.

1 Like