[Tool] Grim Internals

Read the FAQ peepos we have most of these questions answered
Im not very active tbh these days in here so keep in mind to check it before posting just in case ;]

hi! i have a weird bug.
when i strart grim internals from the steam launcher it loads GD v.1.1.5.2 but if i rum the mod directly it loads 1.1.6.2.
any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks!

maybe this has been asked but way to much to readā€¦ i downloaded this but i do not have grimdawn.exe in my folders just grimdawn and grimdawn64

1 Like

Trying to get drop sounds to work. If I understand the Q&A section correctly the 2 settings above should be set to True to be enabled (as mine are in the ini file atm). Please let me know if that is NOT correct (in that case what are flags supposed to be set).

ATM I get a sound every time a Legendary (purple) and double rare (green) items drop (so there is no problem getting sound to play). The sounds are not the wav files I want to use though. They are the default sounds. I have placed the wav files in the folder as per the guidelines in - [Ressource] GrimLoot - Collection of loot VFX and SFX (so currently in C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Grim Dawn\settings\sound)

I have also named the two files DoubleRareDrop.wav and LegendaryDrop.wav as per naming convention. The ini file was saved and closed before starting the game but no luck getting the desired wav files to run (but defaults drop sound works fine). I did read in the thread SFX was not supported back in 2018, but given kakikakeks post is 2019 I assume sound is now fully supported. Are the instructions still correct (for the install path) or has something broken so only game defaults will play atm, or have I missed something in my setups ?

OK - after more troubleshooting it turns out I was trying to use mpeg instead of wav files. Once I used wav files, everything worked as expected !

1 Like

I have a problem: My LegendaryDrop and NemesisAlert ringtones sound very quiet. Sounds of the environment during the battle completely drown them out. When I play old vanilla GI sounds, they sound very loud
I tried different tunes. I asked the person who is streaming to send me his tune (it sounds loud on his streams). I tried it, again quietly. The volume is set to the maximum (3.000)
I tried reinstalling the GI and the game itself, nothing helped
Does anyone have any idea what this might be about?

I donā€™t think itā€™s a problem of the drop sounds per se.
I did a test run with dropped ā€œdouble rareā€ items and the volume of the dropsound is very loud (at least for my ears).

So I donā€™t know how I could help in your case.

Check sound settings in the game. Initially I could not hear drop sounds. Adjusting things so most sound settings are in the background made the drop sounds more audible, especially in GI. The other thing to check is the sound settings on your PC (or keyboard in my case).

Sound seems to be tricky in general. I have wav files that I can use in other games, but they sound like chipmunks in GD or donā€™t play at all, and thatā€™s when Iā€™m not using GI at all.

I had to quickly figure out the OBS program and record a video :slightly_smiling_face:
https://youtu.be/FChvWTXDDQg vanilla GI sound
https://youtu.be/84bf09tw2AI my sound
My sound is the same sound that the Safarel streamer uses. It sounds loud on his streams. I also tried increasing the volume of my audio file using the program. It doesnā€™t change. I mean, the volume is already great. In the media player, the volume is excellent. But in the gameā€¦

Hello,

Me and my partner are playing Grim Dawn (GOG) using ASTER. Basically we share one pc to play the game via LAN together. The game works nicely but sadly we cannot use Grim Internals in both of our clients because it wonā€™t let us open the client twice. Anyway to prevent that?

We get OpenProcess() failed.

Thank you.

Is it possible to set up an alert for MIā€™s other than Nemesis ? I killed Flambu (the creature in Malmouth Outskirts needed for Lokkar) several times before I finally managed to stop myself. It isnā€™t necessary to do every single mini boss, though it would be nice to have such an option.

I donā€™t know ASTER and therefore I donā€™t know how the program is able to start Grim Dawn two times
on the same computer (maybe it uses a virtual environment?).
In any case, GI is not designed to be started twice.

No, that would require a lot more of database comparisons with every single mob on the screen
and would lead to more micro-stuttering.

However, from version 1.96 beyond the DoubleRare loot-beam/Sfx will also be shown
if an MI-item with at least 1 rare affix drops.
It doesnā€™t make sense to display all existing MIs, because there are too many of them in the game (results in too many loot-beams).

1 Like

Thanks for your continued improvements/updates Glocken!!

1 Like

why all the monsters on the map not re-appearing when i toggle off the check for monsterfilter? also when i reloaded into pure GD, the monsters are still not there !?
ā€”ok i got it solved.

can you add the devotion skills level xp tracking ?
also the number of recipes still unknown

Hi Guys,
I have version 1.1.6.2, I keep getting a version incompatible when i try to open GI. Any help?

Is it a legit copy of the game?

1 Like

hi,

was resolved after reinstall.

Thanx

:+1: Good to know