[Tool] Grim Internals

:+1:

Perhaps @Darkstalix can add it to the Q&A section.

I recommend to use the rainbow filter; you can see much better what an MI is and distinguish between the item stats.

Do you use the latest v1.97c? This should fix the start-up crashes.
If you already on the latest version then idk why you get crashes.

I actually just installed that mod yesterday but it still bit confusing, although with a bit more time I hope to understand those Affixes much better ! :crazy_face: :rofl:

Ah thank you, you are correct. I was running v1.97b. Having just jumped onto this, I must have downloaded the old version within days of the update. I did not expect or check for an update - I will now! I appreciate the quick reply. It seems fine now :slight_smile:

I can not seem to get the configurator to open when I press ctrl+F5. Nothing happens. I guess the standard options apply and it works when I am in game, but I am not able to change anything. I just downloaded it like 2 days ago so it should be the new update as well.

did you make sure that its indeed the GI running and not the normal exe?
On character select screen look in the down right side to make sure that gi is running
Also keep in mind you HAVE to be in game(campaign) with a character to ā€œsummonā€ the configurator

Hey there, Iā€™d like to try this mod out with Reign of Terror mod. Although, I already have RoT installed and play Grim Dawn through Steam. Is there conflicts or risks with these two mods if I try to install?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

No, there shouldnā€™t be since GI is a tool, not a mod.

Thanks! , I installed it, working fine so far :slight_smile:

Every time this past week whenever I restart Grim internals my game save resets. Like all my progress is saved but the world map brings me back to devils crossing to restart the campaign.

I canā€™ seem to get rid of the monster names. I have checked hide Monster names in all the sections and they are still appearing? How do you fix it?

in the ini file MonsterHealthHideNames=True :]

Check the Q&A for more solutions

Hello, so my friend installed the internals tool but when he presses ctrl F5 to open the configurator. The box is really small and he cant read the options or check boxes. I tried to walk him through changing the resolutions and windowed mode to see if it was a resolution problem as he is using 4K TV to play grim dawn. Is there any options we can change to make the configurator larger on screen? The configurator doesnā€™t seem to change size at all if he uses 4K resolution or 1080p in-game, so it must be tied to resolution of the screen?

It should be the same as font / all items size scaling factor you have set Windows.

Just downloaded GrimInternals and attempted to run it the first time.

I followed all the instructions I have been able to find.

I get OpenProcess() failed error when I try to run GrimInternals64.exe.

_GrimInternalsData, the exe, and the .dll are all in my Grim Dawn directory.

I am running it as administrator. Grim Dawn is closed. I have tried running it through steam as a non-steam game, and also straight from windows explorer.

I do NOT have the DLC enabled, could that be my issue?

I own the DLC, but am playing with friends who do not own it, so all DLC are disabled for me right now.

Anyone have any ideas?

Grim Dawn is not running. I have explicitly allowed GI to go through my firewall. I donā€™t have anything other than Windows firewall, nothing on top of that. I made sure the framework was installed - it said I have a newer version already.

Could it be a 32/64 bit issue? Is there anywhere else to look for some more logging information?

Ddo me a huge favor and disable Windows defender real time protection, or disable all the options is has there and try again.
Better yet disable it completely and try again as admin
Make sure steam is running before you try

Or run the normal 64 bit launcherā€¦while in game character screen run the GrimInternals and check back in the lower right screen where the game version is it here are Blue letters with GI reference

Have at it.

1 Like

I did search, but didnt have search this topic selected, and it gave me basically nothing. Iā€™ll do some more looking.