[Tool] Grim Internals

but if you use GI, the game won’t update unless you manually do it.

I used GI to launch the game, but soon after I closed the game, steam took GD out of unscheduled download section and updated it. If someone follows Harrocs advise, make sure you watch the GD update for a few mins after you close the game so you can reverse it if steam tries to update it.

I tried it four separate times and never had an issue. /shrug. I tried to offer advice rather than complaining about something that “always” happens lol.

Oh, no, I’m glad it worked for you and I hope it keeps working. I just wanted others to watch out and make sure steam doesn’t get them the way it got me. I reworded my other msg to be less rude, sorry.

1 Like

I dont open steam. Also do remember GD can be played in offline mode. Of course if already updated its too late. If you dont open steam to check forums or whatever then it will not update.

always a good advice to have a backup of the gamefiles of your preferred version.

It would be nice if grim dawn would allow previous versions like they do with factorio. With factorio you can go all the way back to 0.12 or you can check out their experimental builds.

I shall calmly wait for our lord and savior Glocken to release a new version.
Back to normal GD for now :smiley:

1 Like

No need to be stuck with normal GD! You can revert to 1.1.9.3 with the link that Medea posted a few comments above, it’s great. @powbam really did a solid.

(I, too, am waiting for our lord and saviour Glocken).

I opened steam also and it keeps saying “update required” and as long as I don’t click anything, I’m good lol. Guess I just set something different.

Okay so I went through all this yesterday and I got you guys.

There’s a pretty simple way to roll back your GD version that comes from a well established and trusted steam community, SteamDB, which provides easy access to information that is publicly available to anyone with a steam account through the Steam partner website, and provides a service that valve itself has allowed without protest. In fact they recently promised not to block this functionality. The “installer” (does not actually install anything or run any install scripts) that you will be using that the steam community has created simply accesses that information (which includes previous builds of games on steam), downloads it, and then replaces the version you have with the older version. It forms the backbone of cataloguing steam in a proper way for modders, mod users and other interested parties. It also requires not only log in but log in confirmation to ensure you actually own the game and have a legitimate account. This will work for just about any steam game and the game can be continued to play through steam.

I will try to help you guys cause it looks like there’s a decent amount of us.

Following this guide will pretty much take care of you. Like most guides, there’s way too much unnecessary detail so skip around as you need. Before you get started, open up folder options or “file explorer options” and go to the view tab. Uncheck “hide extensions for known file types” that way you can easily see and use the .bat file referenced in the video.

So to make it easier I have already done some of the leg work so I’ll give you the Steam App ID, the Depot ID and the Manifest ID so you don’t have to waste time looking for those.

-app 219990 -depot 219991 -manifest 8717686333402421607

This will roll you back to the version right before the update that broke it. I have it working with GrimInternals myself. To update to the latest version, for when GrimInternals is updated, you will simply have steam verify your files and when you’re done it will recognize what’s happened and update you to the latest build. If some reason that doesn’t work, and I don’t know why it wouldn’t, simply uninstall then reinstall the game through steam.

As always, back up anything you don’t want to lose.

Happy hunting

1 Like

My guide already has all the needed information (including the info for 1.1.9.3). You could have saved yourself some effort there :wink:

3 Likes

Ah well. Thanks, it’s probably better, too.

Thanks for the guide, worked like a charm

1 Like

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Glocken take our energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Hello, I just completed downloading and replacing the GD games files with the previous build. I have a slight problem the game runs fine but its not showing any characters. I made a backup of my C:\Users*******\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn folder just incase. Can someone help me figure out what i’ve done wrong so i can play my characters?

PS Also when you run GI does it run the x64 version of GD?

Thank you :sunglasses:

Well, it’s only for the x64 version, x86 isn’t supported.

Thank you Medea that’s good to know.

@darksidr The best advice I found on this thread pointed me to the in-game options > network menu, it has a function at the bottom that copies your save files to your local drive. If you deactivate cloud save via steam > relaunch steam > open GD > deactivate cloud save setting in GD > then do this through the character select screen, it should work.

For some reason when I manually copied them over, I couldn’t get my characters to show up after turning off cloud save, but this function through the game worked immediately.

GL!

1 Like

Grim Internals (x64) v1.104 for GD Patch v1.1.9.4
Download-Link (MEGA)
Download-Link (Google Drive)

Edit: GOG user, please use this version (contains a devotion window zoom issue fix).

Known issue:

I wish you a Merry Christmas! :snowman_with_snow: :christmas_tree:

43 Likes

:raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: And a very Merry Christmas to you too, Gerda :christmas_tree:

3 Likes