[Tool] Grim Internals

I learned this trick from the FFXIV Quick Launcher, but you can right-click your actual Grim Dawn game in Steam, click properties, and add this as the Launch Command to launch Grim Internals directly, I have not seen any issues with steam cloud saves using this method.

"D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\GrimInternals64.exe" /Mod:sng_1.0_baseexp %command% .

Of course replace the path with your Steam location and the /Mod command with the mod you want to use or remove it.
1 Like

Functionally this ā€œmethodā€ is no different than any other method of launching GI. I would strongly advise you make backups if you insist on tempting fate. Be warned as I have seen numerous instances of people who likewise ignored that warning and lost their saves.

I accept the risks of any decision I choose to make, and would never hold any other responsible for the consequence of my decisions.

No, no longer supported/

There was a new playtest build pushed 2 days ago, can we get a new build of GrimInternals for it please?

@GlockenGerda as new PT update is out, could we get a new GI version for it, please?

Grim Internals (x64) v1.106 for latest GD Beta Patch v1.1.9.6
Download-Link (MEGA)
Download-Link (Google Drive)

Known issue:

8 Likes

I havenā€™t had a single crash in the last year, so I donā€™t know how I can help you fixing your crashes.

Iā€™m sorry, but the active development of GI has stopped long time ago.

1 Like

@GlockenGerda Can we get a new GI for test-patch please?
That crude tyrant Zantai broke it once again.

1 Like

ā€¦ that crude tyrant Zantai ā€¦ :laughing:

Grim Internals (x64) v1.106 for latest GD Beta Patch v1.1.9.6
Download-Link (MEGA)

Known issue:

10 Likes

Rather strange issue Iā€™m having, whenever I launch the game using GrimInternals it seems to lower the quality of all graphic/particle effects in game.

Hereā€™s an image while using GI. You can see the rift portal effects are super blurry and low res, same with the flames from BWC.

And hereā€™s an image launching the game normally, and everything looks the way it should. Really weird and I havenā€™t been able to find anything like it online. Is there an option Iā€™m missing somewhere?

Iā€™ll be honest - nothing in your before or after pics looks blurry or low res to me. All I notice is that in the GI pic it looks like Post-processing effects are disabled and in the non-GI pic they look enabled. To my knowledge GI doesnā€™t do that but thatā€™s my take away on the key differences between those two pics.

Note: Post-processing, toggleable in the games options, merely adds filters over the game. Iā€™m unsure of the full extent they have but it appears that it generally increases color saturation and the like. If you notice the non-GI pics colors are much more vivid.

Thatā€™s fair, it very noticeable while playing (at least for me). If you look around where the portal is you can see the area around it is blurry, and the lightning textures within the rift are low res, compared to the non-GI screenshot.

As for as post processing goes, itā€™s ticked on in the options so Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s causing that issue either.

Grim Internals (x64) v1.106 for latest GD Beta Patch v1.1.9.6 2022-05-27T22:00:00Z
Download-Link (MEGA)

Known issue:

10 Likes

1.1.9.6 is out and GI is not working, so can we get a new one please?

Mine works

Is 1.1.9.6 out? I donā€™t see any patch notes for it yet, nor an announcement.

appears to be latest update to testpatch (which supposed to be the last) so i suspected its normal branch update.

Donā€™t worry GlockenGerda will get around to it, or they wonā€™t. This is something that very well could happen.

They usually get new updates out in a 24-72 hour window. However, they arenā€™t getting paid for these and last I knew they had stopped playing Grim Dawn. More importantly we donā€™t know what if anything is happening in their life. In the meantime we can just go back to the fully functional vanilla experience, Iā€™ve found mine to be fairly refreshing not feeling compelled to lock at the stats block and just play. Iā€™ll probably make yet more changes to the configuration settings because I miss the critters and war paint for the female characters.

Grim Internals (x64) v1.106 for latest GD Beta Patch v1.1.9.6 2022-06-05T22:00:00Z
Download-Link (MEGA)

Known issue:

12 Likes