[Tool] Grim Internals

No, I’ve always played and play in windowed mode. the configurator window closes.

@Gargoyle @ValeraMXM
Thanks for the info; it looks like there is a serious issue then.
I’ll take a look again at the code, but this won’t happen until this weekend.

1 Like

Thank you once again for this hard work, we will wait. Gargoyle described the same issue above…

Something i forgot to mention: During paralysis, mouse button skills will not respond, suggesting that the cause of immobility is the lack of input from these channels. Hope this helps.

No, I’ve always played and play in windowed mode. the configurator window closes.

Ok same problem Im playing through steam. Window borderless. When I use saved teleports from GI i freeze too. Opening up GI trying to use escape does not close GI like it use to. I use the little x top right it closes & then I can move.

Okay, then it seems to be just me with this issue - thanks for looking into it!

1 Like

For some reason GI assumes that your Grim Dawn version is not a GOG version; therefore some detours functions aren’t working correctly.

Here is a GI version for you that works only with the current GOG version of the game. Please try it out. Download-Link (MEGA)

If you get a “Version Mismatch!” message when you start GI,
then something is wrong with your Grim Dawn v1.1.9.6 installation.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

What can I say? Works perfectly :slight_smile:

The infobox is enabled on startup, both kill and item counter work as before. I’m (more than) happy.

Thank you so much for your help - I’ve read that you actually stopped development some time ago, I think it is really great that you still spend your free time keeping GI updated and helping your users.

1 Like

Its just an annoyance and you probably already know about it.
Changing the game speed can cause the issue where you cant move.
Drop to the main menu and reload the game and it fixes it.
Other than that I found no issues.
Steam install running borderless window.

1 Like

Thanks for the lightning fast updates, as ever!

1 Like

I just wanna chime in and confirm there’s a problem with closing the configurator window and being unable to move the character afterwards. Doesn’t matter if use any options before closing it or not, or if I use the X or the Exit button.

However I found 2 ways to temporarily fix it so I can move again:

1. Open the configurator again and close it via the Exit button (closing it with the X always results in being unable to move).
  2. Alt-tab out of and into the game.

This only fixes it until the next time the configurator is opened though. It seems like the game is somehow losing focus upon closing the configurator.

I’m running the game in a borderless window btw. If I use fullscreen, the bug does not occur, but opening the configurator minimizes the game and the configurator window shows up on the desktop. After closing it I have to manually maximize the game, but I can move freely.

1 Like

I tried to duplicate the issue and compared Grim Internals v1.105 with v1.106,
but I didn’t find anything unusual; on my computer GI works fine.
I’m poking around in the dark! :roll_eyes:

Nevertheless I exchanged some code snippets in GI.
Anyone having problems with a non-moving character after closing the Configurator,
please test this version and give me feedback if the issue still exists or not!

Thank you!

Download-Link (MEGA)

2 Likes

Fine, I’m glad it works for you now!

thanks for the prompt response. in fact, the problem has always been, as I wrote above, but it was solved simply. I’m trying out new files…

1 Like

Working! Escape key working etc. No lock up. Seems to be good fix. Again Glock u r totally awesome. Tx a million times for ur work.

2 Likes

yo thanks GG. it is so . You da man as always !

1 Like

This test version fixed the non-moving issue. Thanks.

1 Like

The issue is resolved! Thanks for the fix :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Oh nice! Thanks for the feedback! :heart:
I don’t know what the reason for the issue was,
but I’m really happy that it seems to be fixed.

1 Like