⭐ Top 20 Softcore builds in Grim Dawn (An Opinion)

Kill Callagadra with your build under 5 minut (zdps check) and I’ll grant you that it’s tanky and fast :slight_smile: that’s what I personally need to feel like a real man :cucumber:

1 Like

Yeah. yeah, ask me to kill an optional celestial, that directly counters my build (has the highest res to damage i deal, inflicts massive miss to my attacks and requires to be kited as i’m not ranged or DoT build… Isnt that a bit unfair? Callagadra requires a specific build to kill it quickly. It’s NOT like the Ravager who is tough, but still facetankable with a strong build.

Hi forum hi BOG ! I really like your build (Archon) I want to try the build. I don’t have much experience in the game. My question is, I don’t have high items yet. What weapon do you recommend when leveling until i find mythical deths reach?Thank you in advance for your answer :smiley:

You should level up with Primal Strike and use Ugdenbog Sparkthrower or Korvan Storm Halberd with appropriate mods and level (or both, and just switch between them). If you want to level up vitality constellations, you can try vitality version too (with Rylok Mark, but there’s far easier to find a decent levelling gear for lightning PS - just get items with “of insight” mod, and you get both damage boost and energy regen to spam your PS indefinetely.
You can also level up with fire or lightning EoR to “feel the skill”, but ranged PS is far faster at levelling.
And i actually dont recommend switching to vitality EoR before you get Mythical Death’s Reach. It’s too weak without this weapon.

That was a sarcastic comment.

Just curious, why Vire’s Might on the Blind Fury Celestial power instead of Upheaval?

regular wps overrides upheaval, so when you have wps and upheaval, upheaval chance is smaller, ex with 60% wps pool you have 40% non wps, at 30% crit chance that’s 12% trigger chance for upheaval
volcanic stride can proc “reliably”, has fixed tickrate and can stack/fast proc potential, so you get full 30% trigger chance potentially multiple times a second

2 Likes

Can i ask - why 5-th place Evoker Vindicator doesnt max his WPS skills despite having less than 100% total chance to proc WPS? Furthermore, he doesnt max Raging Tempest even! And why have so much OA (3300 + 130 DA reduction) in a build that has poor crit damage and no important on-crit procs? Unless you’re going to be a “big game hunter” (killing Ravager, Callagadra, etc)…

So how does the number 1 build (Avenger Archon) compare to an Avenger Warder? Is there a big difference in damage/tankiness?

Archon for damage, Warder for tank. Warder can stack more armour, hp. Whereas Archon brings flat phys, crit damage, etc…

1 Like

I don’t know, but I’m guessing that over multiple tests this version proved to be the best overall? I had some similar questions too but I switched the classic Evoker vindi setup (two piece Ultos, Ludrigan helm, etc) for banana’s tank version and it’s just better overall, couldn’t tell ya what it is but damage is still bonkers and it’s not dying to a stiff breeze in sr anymore.

Warder is tankier, especially if you go for high HP regen. Archon is more into DPS due to RR skill and Divine Mandate. Though even Archon variant is tanky as hell, IMO, Warder is just an overkill unless you’re playing HC.

I absolutely agree that “classic” setup is kinda outdated now. I went even further and used MI’s instead, and of course maxed my WPS (Inquisitor’s Seal transmuter there enables facetanking Mad Queen in SR 75 and helps against various projectile spamming traps on the ground, i use it in SR only): I also changed devotion setup.
My 2-h ranged lightning savagery Vindicator.

Uh that GT is a Deceiver….

My bad, fixed it.

How much have these builds been affected by the latest patch?

They weren’t affected much by 9.7, just minor nerfs.

9.8 has some buffs that would make some builds worth considering as contestants for top20, also few builds that we missed were proven as worthy contestants after the thread was posted.

Maybe i’ll give it a small update after 9.8, but it will not be a joint effort of many people and i wouldn’t be able to spend much time on it.

7 Likes

Hi - I was wondering if someone would be able to help me figure out how to come up with the devotion path to apply attribute points for the Physical 2H Blade Arc Death Knight build? I keep winding up short in purple and yellow by 1 point each. Even “as is” with spider substitute at the end rather than Oleron (which is what I am missing), this build has been fun to play. Thanks in advance!

the listed devo path in the top20 build works/is possible
all you gotta do is use a filler devotion, take tier1s (inner/small) devos first then tier2 devos (middle/larger) after, and fill in tier3 (biggest/outer/edge) devotions last, then you always have enough points to shift around before the end
first thing i’d do is take basic filler devotions for stuff you need, in this case blue and green, take eel + raven/fox for a bonus 5 blue 5 green

1pt gold crossroad
tier1s:
assassin’s blade
stag+panther
throne+toad+wolverine

^can use filler devos now
tier2s:
now take Kraken+Ulzaad+Dire bear

remove eel and raven/fox/whatever filler devos you used
tier3s:
now fill in Oleron and Azrakaa (remember build doesn’t take azrakaa proc/skill)

2 Likes

Thanks, Yep did Raven and something else, did Kraken+ others then remove and add got me there. Thanks much for the quick response!!!

time for new update list, there where some buffs to pets tho, and especially threat generation ones, maybe some conjurers will make it to the list of 30 :slight_smile: