⭐ Top 20 Softcore builds in Grim Dawn (An Opinion)

I’ve been playing this since 2019 but just signed up because i had in mind this post.

Some time ago i used to think those guys (who made the post and builds) were just some arrogant nerds ( i mean making their own top with some of their own builds), but after trying more than 20 builds in the forum (3 from this post), i can say this:

• I’ve used only builds that claim they can do SR 75-80 or above.

15-18 builds struggled HEAVILY even on SR 65-70. I thought," god i must be dogshit" or handless. But no, the authors, i believe, did the runs while being high, and they did them on elite thinking it was ultimate, and with 10 pharmas stacked, or they managed to finish SR75 after 100 failed tries to get their YT video.

I tried 3 builds from this topic, ( EOR warlord and RTA acid sentinel, i dont remember the 3rd one) and every of them achieved what they said (Sr90, all celestials, etc), and i didn’t need to die 100 times.

3 Others builds outside this post i tired, also got the job done, but they were the few along the ones from this post.

So yes, most builds in this post are good, and most of the builds outside this post, aren’t that good.

7 Likes

Guys, when will the updated version for 1.2 be released? At least approximately, a day, a week, a month?

2 Likes

I’m also checking this every few hours to see when it’s updated :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s all done on voluntary basis and there are quite a few builds to test, and everyone has some kind of real life commitments, so can’t say for sure. I am hoping we can be done in a month or so tho, but no promises.

There also will be a new post probably.

3 Likes

can you already suggest a top mastery combination without going into the details?

I wonder if the new mastery will impact on this, there’s a shitload of extra variables there.

Not really, this thread is about top builds, not top mastery combinations. Personally, I think Archon has the most amount of versatile top builds, but it all depends on what kind gear you gonna have available in the endgame and how you gonna optimize your build.

yeah. i just wanted to write that. without the gear, it wont work properly.

Any news on the new list coming out ?

Almost all of our testers presented their final lists (lists with builds rated from 1st to 25th, that’s how we compile the top20 list) and I am gonna start writing the new post this days. If everything goes well I think next week should be realistic.

10 Likes

Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

“right in time for patch 1.2.1 to completely invalidate it” :zantai:
:grin:

2 Likes

Lol! Please Crate just let me use these builds long enough to finally get Crate, Calla, and Ravager down for their loot. :grimacing:

1 Like

i joke, 1.2.1 should go into playtesting before release as i understood? which means probably atleast a couple of weeks of “beta” before final official release, so should have some time at minimum.
And ofc, usually, most of these builds rarely get totally kneecapped by a patch, so should likely still be functioning even then :+1:

From what I can see, a lot of the builds on the old list are still very strong, maybe just not as min/maxed as they were.

Oooo this is more exiting then the delivery room :joy:

1 Like

How is progress coming on the new list? I thought it would be out last week, on the edge of my seat here! Appreciate the work you guys are doing.

1 Like

I am in the process of writing the post, all testing is done and we have our final ranking!

9 Likes

how can you have final rankings when patch changes aren’t locked in yet
:grin:

2 Likes

shhh-shush

9 Likes