Torchlight III announced

Let me know how it is please, I’m afraid to get hyped and end up disappointed:

As a big fan and for quite a while avid TL2 player I have o say that the trailer looks really really bad. Has a mobile vibe to it or something

I liked the first two for what they were…even if they had some serious scaling problems…

But this I’ll likely sit out on. Forced online almost always means forced multiplayer (and I’m basically a misanthrope) and is only a tiny step up to raid or don’t bother playing cause there’s no way in hell I’ll ever do the ‘guild/clan’ shit again.

Although at least the words about limiting trading to make killing stuff be the best way to get loot held some promise.

Still perhaps they could make an online game I’d be willing to give a go to?

a definite pass from this one.

That what happened every time I got interested in a game in the last 5 years.
Except GD, of course.
I dunno, maybe I am getting old, or too weird. :cry:

As a big fan and for quite a while avid TL2 player I have o say that the trailer looks really really bad. Has a mobile vibe to it or something

I had the exact same thought, where TL2 had a cartoonish style it still had something dark and fun to it
I disliked the graphical style of this from the get-go, too cheesy
also, I just realized that I started playing TL2 partly because of D3 being forced online…

I love this new trend of “Hey you remember that franchise you really liked? We’re gonna revive it as an MMO/mobile game!”.

Did I say love? I meant hate. Hate.

i guess i will try and look when it launch.

I enjoyed the 2nd one

Reminds me the same of when Sacred 3 came out. “Oh you liked building characters with complex stat systems and tons of gear? Have fun with this arcade beat 'em up instead!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fct6UkviIXQ

I expect it will be similar to PoE or maybe more to marvel heroes how it will work
Gameplay

Oh yea sacred 3 was very insulting, very irrespectful for S1&S2 players, i’m still always mad for this :mad:

Woah! This presentation of Echtra Games oozes profesionalism. On the surface the trailer looks rather simple yet it’s so effective at conveying their message.

Then the gameplay trailer suggest Torchlight Frontier will be a frantic experience, people who are into MMOs will be hyped that’s for sure.

I’m not into into MMOs to be honest, but those two vids almost makes me wanna play the game. Quite a feat. ^^

Note: still no mention of a Single Player, maybe I should give up on these hopes. sigh

Longer gameplay video

for some reason this looks cool!

now this made me wonder what if Crate after GD1 decides to do Grim Dawn2 into mmo style! ! :smiley: now hang me!

Visceral fun indeed. I have nothing against multiplayer shared areas or always online so good chances I will try it anyway, only some really bad reviews can prevent me from doing that.

Wait, are resistances flat values again? I hope they are able to balance that. This time.

so it will be a open world, with each zone be different in day/ nighttime

This is very early build. They dont even have resistance panel done with the numbers for your character. Its just there to show how the game will play, or better said that it will be like TL2 and TL1 and not something different with core gameplay.

Another interesting thing is there will not be a economy and balance around trade, in fact the game will not have direct trading. Max said this a moment ago on discort “nothing is set in stone, but my personal opinion is the best way to get a good item is to go kill a monster for it.
Kill monster, get item = profit.”

looks a lot like TL2 to me, no big fan of the comic look, I prefer the realistic look of TQ / GD

now this made me wonder what if Crate after GD1 decides to do Grim Dawn2 into mmo style! ! :smiley: now hang me!

hopefully not, optional closed servers are ok, I can simply ignore those, but forced ones I won’t buy. Maybe try a bit if the game is free like PoE, but I certainly won’t pay for that

I had my hopes for this one, but it turns out it is going to be an an MMORPG. Pass, sadly.

Got my alpha invite yesterday. Guess I’ll give it a try this weekend.