Tower defense mode

Please, OH PLEASE CRATE, PLEASEEEEE.

We need a “Horde Invasion Mode”. Give us a base to fortify, defend, equip the defenders, hire mercenaries (only from the factions we are friendly, the friendlier, the stronger), and structures to improve, customize and repair.

We got SO MANY scenarios ideals for this (Devil’s Crossing, Homestead, Fort Ikon, Malmouth), please let us LIVE those battles, with cannons firing, greanadiers throwing grenades, wizards wizarding and swordmen swording. In essence, a “7 days to die”, Grim Dawn edition. Something like this would be AMAZING for MP, having huge hordes coming, multiple points to defend, and bosses requiring different strategies to stop and take down in each wave. Lorewise makes A LOT OF SENSE (since thats essentialy what we are doing everywhere we go), and would give us a much stronger felling of fighting for survival in a trench war, instead of just going around with godlike powers and cleansing entire armies.

1 Like

I know the idea sounds kind of silly. But I love tower defense games and I think it would be fun to implement as a bonus side quest.

Obviously instead of towers you have mercs/units comprising of Inquisitors/Sorcerors/Demolitionists guarding a pass etc
Each unit would have 2 upgrade paths
eg
lvl 1 Rune of Hagarrad Inquisitor - Deploys runes once every 10 secs
lvl 1 Rune of Kalastor Inquisitor - Deploys runes once every 10 secs
lvl 1 Mortar Trap Demolionist - Creates Mortar traps, Big One is launched once every 15 secs
lvl 1 Grenado Demolionist - Hurls Grenados at enemies. CD is set to once every 10 secs
lvl 1 Trozan’s Sky Shard Sorceress/Sorcerer - Drops Shard once every 8 secs
lvl 1 Devastation Sorceress/Sorcerer - Unleashes Devastation once every 30 secs

As they kill enemies they gain experience lowering Cooldown between casts and increasing potency and added effects. Eg a lvl 1 Trozan’s Sky Shard Sorceress/Sorceror could have a 2% chance to freeze enemies. At level 30 the chance could be 30% etc

TBH if this mode was implemented I think I would play it more than the game itself

1 Like

Crucible mod is kinda a tower defense with different rules. They might implement a base to defend it for a specificly multiplayer mod and increase the scaling depending on the player count. Not sure is it possible to remove reseting when any player dies because of the engine though.

I feel like this is kinda possible for modders already if you wanted to give it a go, mostly based on the stuff they already have set up for Crucible as Ford says… (DISCLAIMER: I am in NO way a modder and could be totally incorrect :stuck_out_tongue:)

the main issue with crucible is that the objective is in killing in time, and surviving, all by yourself. Im thinking in something more nuanced, where there are things to protect, and the upgrades can be broken/repaired (aka, fortifications and soldiers). While you might be the stronger asset in the defense, you are also the administrator, so you can’t just sit there in one spot to murder that way. You should be forced to assit all around the base, keeping both the hordes and the base in check.
It wouldn’t be so crazy for us to get our own fortress, or at the very least outpost, given how many times we saved humanity. Black Legion troops, with some reinforcements from the other friendly factions, and we are set. It would be a nice way to invest all the crazy amount of currecy we get (both in iron and components), and it would be integrated into the game lorewise and mechanicwise (the stronger your alliances, the stronger your reinforcements).

dude, Necros summoning hordes of undead to clog some paths, soldiers, oathkeepers and shamans acting as buffers, nightblades targeting high priority targets (hero units), occultist cursing and poisoning… the options are plentiful. A game mode like this would be crazy to play. The waves of each factions might have different modifiers and conditions, with a rotating schedule (ie Aetherials, Chthonians, Eldritch, Undead, Beast, Korvan, althou korvan might be a bit off lorewise…).

Sorry prob didnt come across quite right, what I was getting at is that they have ‘towers’ already as in the Crucible, and guards in the towns - including the Homestead mission to recaim the farms where new guards show up in the quest, I feel all the pieces arte there you just need to put them together.

1 Like

Grim Dawn Battle Royale :crate: pls!!!111111

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.