Tried putting together a Deathmark spellbreaker would appreciate some thoughts

First time posting tried putting together a Deathmarked Spellbreaker but im still kinda new to the game so i would appreciate some feedback :slight_smile:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVADlD72

GrimTools courtesy of @banana_peel

Edit: This is purely theory crafting the building does not actually exist yet so i can’t really say how it actually performes.:stuck_out_tongue:

Iceskorn talons for gloves, nidalla relic. Bero shard goes on the offhand and you want cold stone instead of seal of night.

Arcane will is a 1 pointer. Star pact should be an odd number. Phantasmal armor is a 1 pointer. You should have 1 point blade burst and maxed lethal assault.

Aim to get two T3 devotions. Yugol + ultos or blind sage (only 4 points) + leviathan

1 Like

Yeah Coldstone seems to be the better option here, would you recommend i keep all the WPS skills even after investing into blade burst? I was going for more of an auto attack build also the devotions i saw alot of people saying that spellbreaker is kinda squishy so i tried going into a more defensive route same for my relic :stuck_out_tongue:

Your best bet with DM’s Spellbreaker is offense. I would recommend trying to copy @banana_peel Deathmarked Trickster from here. Of course some items will have to be adjusted (like belt and helmet) but overall that would be a good blueprint.

1 Like

So i would get rid of ring of steel and get blade burst instead and follow the same devotion map? Should i keep the DM’s helmet or is the final set bonus not worth it?

I think you gotta make adjustments with devotions too. You need flat RR there. Helmet/Belt have to be changed too. I meant in general: combine AA/WPS with SS.

Huh yeah i meant follow his devotion map :stuck_out_tongue: But wouldn’t the extra 10% extra phys res and 15% chance to avoid projectiles help alot in survivability ? By the way this is my second char my first was a copy of your luminari godkiller blademaster big fan :slight_smile:

Yes, it definitely would, you need full DM set for Spellbreaker.

Thanks, man!

1 Like

Why Yugol exactly? Are you mainly aiming for ADctH and enemy damage reduction?
What would you think about Viper instead of Ultos?

Do you think Chariot of the Dead is best to bound to Arcane Will, or not worth to go for at all?

What dou you think about something like Crab in such a build?

Why Bero shard and why offhand? What would be the alternative? (Sorry but i did a long pause from game and i am not aware of those atm)

I have a Paladin, Warlord, Blademaster, Dervish at 100 and now i am at Elite with my Spellbreaker (75) and i am close to setting up my final devotion skill setup and i am struggeling to get the best one for me. Would like to hear more insights from you or anyone reading.

Yugol provides % cold which you obviously want, adcth which is always helpful, and % reduced targets damage which can allow for alternate ring options or better coverage with alkamos rings in play. Though this mainly applies to the more ideal gear setups on spellbreaker that seek to leverage the CDR of Star Pact

The main reason for taking ultos is not the %RR but the damage stats and the AoE of the proc all together. Viper provides 1 more affinity than you spend devotion points on it and has OA which makes it an easy include in most cases (like this).

Chariot is only worth it on budget setups IMO. Though with a lack of resistances vs the likes of infil and trickster if you find yourself favoring chariot it’s not the worst thing in the world.

Crab doesn’t fit, shoving it in will be to the detriment of the build as you fail to reach other reii liu event devotions.

Procs that apply weapon damage and most skills that just have one weapon damage listing apply your main hand damage. As bero shard has less flat cold than cold stone or the seal you put the cold stone on main hand.

You can try smth like this:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLXvmMV

Bind SS to autoattack. If it’s too squishy, take Shard of Beronath and redistribute skills, leaving SS just as a utility.

1 Like

Yeah i was looking at something like that as well, but im not a big fan of the skelies from revenant is elemental storm a bad alternative for RR?

Ele storm is very good when you can afford it. Revenant has adcth and attack speed and is usually a more user-friendly option.

Yeah would have to go out of my way to get it, as for what you put together would that no be depending on that green belt to convert acid to cold for SS to be worth using? And how hard would that belt be to get?

Wait nvm about the belt i cant read :sweat_smile: so why that belt over some other blue or purple belt is there no easier options or is that actually not that hard to get?

The belt has very good innate stats and conversion. Together with possible affixes it’s generally superior to blue/purple options. And it’s easy to farm, it drops from gargoyles on the way to Korvaak.

1 Like

Yeah this looks good im gonna replace my grimtools with yours since it looks like better put together, appreciate the feedback :slight_smile:

Thanks for those thoughts. But there are still few things i wanna ask.

1. You said that RR is not the main reason to take Ultos but the damage stats, which i can understand, and the AoE proc, which i cannot understand because its lightning damage which i dont see how to convert to cold, because otherwise its marginal damage i guess?

2. As for mainhand offhand choice for components, i am sure you are aware that ABB from Nightblade, which i use as the LMB skill, is using the Offhand weapon and would therefore be a better choice for the higher flat damage component?

Thanks

ABB as LMB autoattack is not worth it unless you max it (like Venomblade witch hunter or Olexra Chill breaker). Better use Beronath Shard or - like Banana said - SS as autoattack. SS on LMB is a really good way to play melee builds.

Ultos AoE has weapon damage among its other components. When you’re already 4 points in picking up another AoE source that you can ADCtH off of for 1 devotion point is a good deal. To say nothing of select hearing options that outstrip DM and have lit-> cold conversion.

ABB does potato for damage when you have 1 point invested. You’re only using it once every 4s to proc lethal assault.