Uroborruk's Reaping - Reaping Arc Discussion

I was wrong. Reaping Arc is not OP.

8 Likes

Buff Reaping arc!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve seen that happen with elemental damage sometimes, but seeing that with aether damage is new to meā€¦

Even after years, GD still has its mysteries :scorv:

There will always be complaints, you know that.

So what timers are the current metric for you to say itā€™s broken cruci-wise? Cause yeah it changes every patch. But if you mean 4:00 - 5:30 isnā€™t broken for Reaping arc then I donā€™t think it makes sense, cause sub 4 is reserved for the literal gods of the patch. However @banana_peel already did 4:05 on a binder and he thinks itā€™s totally possible to get lower times. Maybe we are looking for the god of the patch here.

Thatā€™s cold infiltrator :scorv:

And Crate did do a fix for it just this patch. I got super unlucky I still got hit by it.

Consensus appears to be - It works; not OP; no nerf; no buff. There are ā€˜godā€™ builds out there, this is not, but it is viable in SR and Cruci.

Correct me if anyone disagrees.

2 Likes

My assumption is that if someone found a build that is nearly <4 minutes in about a day, there is bound to be a build out there even better. Keep in mind it sometimes takes weeks of tuning and dozens of runs to optimize a build to the extent that it can reach times like this, and this iteration of the item hasnā€™t existed long enough for this optimization to happen.

Just my opinion so far at least.

1 Like

Give it some time to play out.

Before it was extremely rare to see Uroborrukā€™s in a build of late; I personally couldnā€™t justify it when it might have made sense. So kuddos to Crate for looking at it and making it into something of a choice.

I was hoping Dreegā€™s Affliction would get more boost than poison, as it is overshadowed by most other acid or occult relics. I really want that proc to be worth the sacrifice, as well. Edit: Although, it is ~ on par with Tainted Eruption, nowā€¦so maybeā€¦

One thing at a time, I suppose.

And there we have <4 min with Lucius

Well, we do know hotfixes donā€™t come within days of each other :rofl:. I for one want to play with the relic more even if Iā€™m pro nerf.

Sorry guys, late to the party. Soā€¦ is it worth trying this godly relic for consistent build or throw it out from inventory? :slightly_smiling_face: Do not know why I crafted one, it was a complete waste of resources.

It is definitely viable and fun if you have a build for it. It is not god mode, but melts most things really fast. Just watch your ass, you canā€™t move, and 270 <> 360.

I ask because I do not want to waste my time leveling another character just to be nerfed in next hotfix. Seriously, the relic looks interesting now. But, it seems, the majority of players (at least, in this topic) asks for rebalancing. Maybe I should wait for professional players to show more of Crucible performances :thinking:.

Died at 169, as stated, viable, not god mode.

It does melt what you are facing at and on the sides fast though.

And for the record, with 26/16 EOR, did not use it once. With 14 points to spend and backing out of EOR, could be better, much better.

1 Like

This happens after nearly every patch. There are always those who are going to knee-jerk react first before trying anything. People go way overboard with this shit sometimes and take it far too seriously imo.

1 Like

Why would you even put EoR and reaping strike on one build tho

4 Likes

LOL, just to test

I may not be the elite builder he is looking for, but I have been on this Merry-go-round before :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve had a build on hold thatā€™s perfect for this sort of discussion, so I brought it out to compare damage numbers. GT numbers puts the Weapon Damage at 40-45K. For each relic, I have basic DPS numbers (permanent buffs + BoD only) and full DPS numbers (Abominable Might and Blood Pact as well, everything but the Dark Oneā€™s buff)

Yugol's Reach

Reaping Arc

Mind you, this is comparing Yugolā€™s with a build perfectly tailored for it against a Uboruukā€™s relic that disregards the Aether damage altogether, and a spin-to-win playstyle is much harder to maintain than a simple Arc considering how easy it is to interrupt spinning and having to do the wind-up animation multiple times.

Iā€™m on board with reducing the weapon damage to 200%. A 20% decrease in damage should be enough to put things in line without nuking the build opportunities for other builds to shine.

If youā€™re interested in Crucible results, even with the high damage numbers, Vitality melee is rough, combine it with Spin-to-Win, and even fancy high numbers canā€™t save it from getting overwhelmed against stuff like Gravaā€™Thul.

3 Likes

Damn man

Nice

Yes I collect guns to be Roland Deschain on every character.

1 Like