[v 1.0]Pyromancer build : Voidfire leech

Yeah, that’s going to be a challenge. Blast Shield is great, but not nearly enough to keep you alive on its own if you are getting hit a lot. I can see where the damage absorption from possession would be useful in that circumstance. The problem (as you well know) is that pyro is rather point hungry…there are just so many cool things you want to take. Running up to 50 on both makes it even tougher, obviously.

Perhaps you could get around it with gear, instead? There are some nice defensive procs on gear. For instance, there are belts with life steal novas (chthonic thread sash and sash of the Bloodlord). Boneweaver leggings cast their own sigils. Stuff like that really adds up. You’d have to try and see, but I think with some smart gear picks (and 2-3 defensive devotion procs) you can get away without using possession.

Hmm… I’m not seeing an effective way to use CC and get my damage boosts. Facetanking may be the best way to play this build as, even with CoF and FB, you’re still going to get hit quite a bit.

Possession may be the best way to do it.

Also, can I put Scales on Blast Shield or will I need to pick up Blood of Dreeg for Scales? I was thinking I would build it out to 25 points in Occultist and see how it works in Ultimate. If it performs poorly then I can respec into Possession.

You don’t want a proc on Blast Shield. It will only activate when the ability is active (assuming the bug has been fixed). Same for BoD, but you can keep it active all the time. Your other auras are all in use (SWF, FT, VF)?

Yup. So, if I don’t take Possession and follow the devotion build in this guide, I’ll need a skill to proc scales. A point in BoD may be necessary if BS doesn’t work out.

perhaps an aura from a component?

That would work as well. Maybe purified salt.

I was trying to find a way to get Ulzuin’s with both offensive and defensive constellations/procs but can’t really seem to find an effective one. Have you posted your build yet? Would love to see what you did.

I did. I know you are playing a caster, but maybe the devotion path will be of use. You won’t need Kraken and can save 3 points there (need crossroad red and blue unless get something else).

http://grimcalc.com/build/whRQ1V

This is what I came up with. I can’t figure out a way to get the right two points in Ulziun’s but this looks ult-viable I think.

If you want those, take spider instead of lantern and hawk. Lantern is pretty sweet, though.

Yeah, it’s a hard choice.

I’ll probably end up speccing into spider. I wonder if I’ll have the survivability in Ultimate with this build.

As mentioned before, some defensive gear choices will help.

Incidentally, Abominable Might isn’t going to be nearly as useful for you, because the two biggest draws are the flat chaos damage and the damage conversion, neither of which are going to do much for you if I understand what you are doing. So, if push comes to shove, you could sacrifice Abomination and keep Lantern. You’d lose some chaos damage but gain fire damage.

Even with the synergy between that and Meteor shower?

That +200% Chaos damage boost would be massive for all my skills since they all do chaos damage.

Not saying it wouldn’t be good, just not as amazing as I find it to be. Just a thought. I hadn’t thought about the damage conversion applying to meteor shower (I was thinking in terms of weapon attacks). Assuming it applies to all physical damage, that would certainly be beneficial.

Been playing this build for a while now, gotta say I’m loving it. Now just need to get the correct gear.

Hello Shuranosuke, your post is very helpful and clear, thx very much :slight_smile:
Little somethings disturbs me, in version 1.0.0.5, the devotion, behemoth bonus has changed.
8%hp ==> 4%hp now
+400hp ==> +300hp now
There are many bonus for the pet but in this built, i don’t use them ^^
Keep the same points in it or else ?
Thx again for your post xD (sorry for my bad english, it’s not my language).

Here are my devotions: http://grimcalc.com/build/zsdt9HN

Seems to work well.

Thanx dude, it’s very interesting, you play with same skills like shuranosuke’s build.
i try this devotion, thx a lot ^^

Can you plz show us your chaos bolt dmg and chaos %dmg?