V0.8.0 - No Immigrants for 3 years

Hi, I stared a new save after updating to v0.8.0 After year 4, immigrant pop ups stopped appearing. I played until year 8 monitoring population, happiness and food store for the full of year 7 to make sure I met the usual requirements. Despite 90%+ population happiness, consistently having 6 months or more in food store and housing for 60 with a population stagnating around 45 there were not immigrants. I was unable to zip the save file for upload.

1 Like

From my testing you need even more extra housing, get it up to 80 to 100 extra housing spots and see if that helps.

1 Like

And sometimes the factors still get tanked by poor RNG results…

Yep, 0.8 is much tougher which I didn’t like at first but I like it more now. Maybe it could be tweaked to be a little bit easier but it really makes you concentrate in the early game.

After you get all that, theres more factors that imply in getting more immigrants, and that is informed by a popup message once in a while when you are stuck: you need to start to think on desirability and leisure.
Thats what really matters after you get food, housing, clothing, education, health and fire for everyone.

There is a post in General that talks about this and it seems the developers made a change to make it harder. :frowning:

could you post the link link to that topic, please? :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.