[v1.0.3.1] Tri-Element Saboteur 4.0 - Back Like A Bad Sequel. No buff gladiator cruci etc

Might be stupid comment but why no Seal of Resonance/Destruction?

They give less damage than flint.

Would the Malmouth Mace be an upgrade over the Elite Legion Firestarter for this build?

12 hours in, i still do not see the end of the tunnel; how long till a hellfire mace drops?

Stay tund folks

JaJaJa - i was wondering why not max Fire Strike (gives a lot of flat fire dmg) while intead you went with 5/8 skills like AQQ, BS and Whirling death?

Initally i was with maxed fire strike then switched like your build but i lost 3-4k sheet dps (and i am leeching less overall which would mean i do less dps).

I guess the answer is in pure math? :slight_smile:

The build is meant to be a caricature of what Sabo melee used to be, turning to burn damage and BWC instead of straight up melee flat dmg

I was pretty fortunate farming Jaxandia, or whatever her name is. In two hours of farming, I was able to get an Infernal Flamestrife of Thunder, and Hellfire Flamestrife of Spellweaving. Not 100% optimal, but better than the Legion Firestarters I was using.

oh the good old saboteur is back…how come this is not in compendium yet?

I am 30 hours into farming kilrian, and i can no longer perceive time XD

Jokes aside, at this point i just wanna see how long it will take me.

Question, how do mythical ruby/sapphire elemental rings?

Craft, for which the recipes have to be dropped first.

Ok got the recipes, how do they fare? also, after the last aptch, did the build get buffed or nerfed? can’t quite put my finger on it.

I eventually got a Chilled Skullbreaker of Wildfire from Kilrian. The flat fire dmg is more than the listed Infernal BiS. The % fire is more. The % burn is more. Obvs physical dmg is converted to cold, rather than fire. And there isn’t +2 to BWC or the 10% fireball proc. Question is, I was always led to believe the important thing is the flat fire dmg, so is this worse, and if so, why?

Anyblobbyoutthere?!

Also wondering why BIS weapons both have Enchanted Flints on. You can only use the ability once right? I guess the ADCH from Haunted steel on last version is no longer necessary?

Enchanted Flint for the flat damage.

I’ve been using this build since it was a vendor only items one :slight_smile:
Since last patch there is this new amulet, https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/11373 do you think it’s worth?
I have found one with 13% hp and 9% attack speed, amarasta’s quick cut does a lot of damage now.

Have you ever thought about using 2x Mythical Stormhearth swords? You would not be able to complete second secret quest on 2 chars but still, it converts some %of phys to lightning and also 100% of fire to lightning for firestrike. In addition… isnt there also some item that converts cold to lightning? If so, you could still use ruby/saphire rings. I am thinking about that build but want to check with you first as you have much more expirience in it.

I haven’t played Grim Dawn since 2016, and I was using the Tri-Element Saboteur build from back then. My Saboteur is level 61. I was wondering if this build is currently viable, or should I be looking for a different Saboteur build? If so, any recommendations?

I have the AoM and Crucible expansions, but not Fallen Gods, if it makes a difference.