[V1.0] Primitive, The Exiled Starcaller

Super exciting news for this build in the most recent misadventure. Go take a gander!

Is it because of the scaling activation chance for Celestial Powers?

Hell yes. This is the perfect build for that change

Nice build. Going to try this one. Now to figure out how to smoothly level her up.

There are several options to level up. You could go melee cold spellbreaker with ABB and shadow strike. It is not bad and pretty fun. You could go full PRM which is definitely suitable for leveling if not a little spirit intensive in lower levels. You could also go with a maxed OFF and some points in TSS and let that do the work for you until 45-50.

Allright! Thanks for the swift response! :slight_smile:

No problem, let me know if you have any questions

First off, thank you Primeval for the build. I’ve been using it through normal so far and it has been a blast.

For all the people asking about leveling, I have managed to level just fine with a few modifications. I used PRM until about level 20, then everything after that I just did TSS. It was challenging at times but completely doable. If you dump enough points into TSS early on, you basically one-shot everything except heroes (just kite it’s fine). I am almost level 50 now, and I can already see the potential in this build. As a person who loves playing a ranged caster, it is awesome. It has been a lot of fun, and once you get to level 35 or so you start feeling pretty strong. I have played the whole time on Veteran if anyone was wondering. Thanks again Primeval, it has been really enjoyable so far!

I am really glad you are having fun, the build really comes into power once you get some gear and devotion procs and there are just stars falling everywhere.

I can also testify to the strength of using OFF throughout leveling.

Now, my character following this build is only 31 at the moment (sidetracked leveling other builds) and I already had a character at level 11 or 12 that I converted into a Spellbreaker to follow this build so I can’t say how extreme early leveling should be handled (but it shouldn’t be difficult for anybody at all.)

All I’ve done thus far is max OFF with ~5 in its first additional skill (what is the correct term for those anyway, modifiers?) and I have TSS maxed as well with ~5 in its first additional skill. OFF clears the screen with little-to-know issues. I even sometimes giggle at how effective and silly it is while watching a noticeable chunk get added to my experience bar. TSS is great for killing bosses, especially if you aim correctly and have all three shards drop on the mob. The only non-Boss enemies I have any form of difficulty with are cold-related mobs (Cold Ones, Frost Revenants, etc) and that is only because OFF doesn’t instantly nuke them. With TSS, you shouldn’t have any issues.

I am glad shakes mentioned that earlier in the thread. I did not level that way but now it seems that I should have haha. It is kind of nice that it just transitions into ultimate so nicely as a CC instead of a damage skill.

Same here! OFF absolutely obliterates everything and I’m using fireblast with lightning nova to clear up the leftovers. Levelling is such a blast!

Hi Primeval, any changes to devotions since defensive ones were nerfed?

Friendly bump!

The build did lose about 1000 health after the nerfs but, luckily, the devotion setup stayed the same. The life regen and resistances are still just as good and makes tanking most groups and elites easy.

Thanks Primeval!

Primeval, you say that for your devotions you use the setup from that PRM build.
Now I’m fidgeting around with it, but how the fudge do you get to the scales?

Edit: I take it you do something like Lion -> scales -> remove lion?

Primeval what do you think of dropping the Ring of Steel line entirely and picking Callidor’s Tempest with its Transmuter? A much more powerful CC I reckon.

@geargrinder sorry for the late response. You are correct, scales is self sufficient so you can get any constellation that gives order then remove it once you fill out scales.

@evange that is actually an intriguing thought. On the one hand RoS with the transmuter freezes for three seconds and only has a 3.5 second CD. My main gripe with it is the radius however, it’s just too small to be of real use and the radius doesn’t change with more points. CT knocks down for 1.5 with a 6s CD but the radius increases with more skills… We do have like +4 to arcanist and none to nightblade… Honestly I would have to do some testing and see the effectiveness of stun against bosses, because freeze is useless lol. I will be away from my computer this weekend but will look at it when I get back. Thanks for the intriguing idea!

Thanks Primeval; awesome dude as always! Wonder why isn’t your build more popular…is it just because its Trozan?